Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you agree?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

InsaneOrbitzz

Nov 18, 2019
Honestly, this is a nice idea.

I think the chat gets way too overcrowded on Bedrock with the current way prefixes are handled. While doing something like this we can also make staff members and content creators also stand out more against the large crowd we have on Bedrock. As sound mentioned, it would also make the chat look much more organized and polished. I don't see any inconsistencies with how this could be bad, as players will still get the prefixes they paid for, and staff/partners will also be more noticeable.

As well as this, if prefixes are above or in a player's name it means a player can easily tell if someone who is flying is a VIP who needs reporting or a staff member/partner. There would likely be a system added into place here so it only shows when you get close enough to those players with prefixes, but this would be to save a player's performance on their device as well as server resources.

With that being said I think this idea does deserve to be escalated and be looked into in more detail.
Ayy great thank you Hazard.

Also I see a few people mentioning how this would be confusing in game.

To clear up any confusion, my point was based on how other servers do it. They have the custom ranks just above the players head in the lobbies. Once you go into a game this is not the case.

So I agree with others saying this wouldn't look nice in game, but that was never the idea in the first place, the idea was just to have it work in the lobby, and clean up the chat.

RelatedNoobs

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Nov 17, 2019
I agree with everything except for not allowing YouTube and staff prefix. What would we have instead? I’d rather have my prefix than to leave it blank ._.

Hazard

Forum Extraordinaire
May 5, 2020
Liverpool, Merseyside
I agree with everything except for not allowing YouTube and staff prefix. What would we have instead? I’d rather have my prefix than to leave it blank ._.
As mentioned in my response, the Partner/Influencer/Content Creator prefix, etc. Will still be shown in chat along with Staff prefixes, as well as under or over the player username. IF something like this was approved.

InsaneOrbitzz

Nov 18, 2019
"So make prefixes above heads rather than in chat is the idea, not applying to special ranks which will do both."

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
I don’t like this. If anything having a bunch of ranks in people’s gamer tags would be really ugly and if anything would be worse than just the ranks in chat. The prefixes are good the way they are and add some nice color to the chat! This is the opposite for names as you have a bunch of color names + a bunch of random prefixes, forcing peoples names to be spread out and above them with their rank under them. If anything I’d support this just for staff and YT so people know not to report them, but also I like to keep a low profile... and I don’t want too much attention. Overall, it’s an okay idea and I wouldn’t hate if it was added but I think it’d be ugly, messy and just overall worse than the prefix in chat.

InsaneOrbitzz

Nov 18, 2019
I don’t like this. If anything having a bunch of ranks in people’s gamer tags would be really ugly and if anything would be worse than just the ranks in chat. The prefixes are good the way they are and add some nice color to the chat! This is the opposite for names as you have a bunch of color names + a bunch of random prefixes, forcing peoples names to be spread out and above them with their rank under them. If anything I’d support this just for staff and YT so people know not to report them, but also I like to keep a low profile... and I don’t want too much attention. Overall, it’s an okay idea and I wouldn’t hate if it was added but I think it’d be ugly, messy and just overall worse than the prefix in chat.
The prefixes in chat already look ugly and messy. Other servers have the prefixes under the name except special ranks and it looks so much cleaner.

pieterpeer

May 3, 2020
The Netherlands
It’s your opinion of course, but I don’t really get what you mean with “I don’t want too much attention”. It’s important for people to see who is a moderator right? I thought that’s a part of what being moderator is about.
Also, the coloured names feature would still exist though, so I think there would still be enough color in chat.

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
I don’t want too much attention”. It’s important for people to see who is a moderator right? I thought that’s a part of what being moderator is about.
Unfortunately I’m shadow muted on Bedrock so it makes people think I’m ignoring them. It’s very frustrating so I try to not to get too much attention on Bedrock, however that’s just me :)

InsaneOrbitzz

Nov 18, 2019
Unfortunately I’m shadow muted on Bedrock so it makes people think I’m ignoring them. It’s very frustrating so I try to not to get too much attention on Bedrock, however that’s just me :)
Spam the alphabet until someone tells you to stop. That'll fix your issue.

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
This would be a great addition, but it would be controversial. Further discussion is needed.

D

Deleted member 486292

why is this escalated then

Awabbatt

Nov 14, 2020
I mean I kinda get were your coming from but I think making the prefixes above someones head is just messier (imagine what it would be like in lobby 1 lol)

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
The point being that all these prefixes in chat are starting to look kind of messy.

Do they?

Cleanest of of course would be no prefix at all, but I think it would look awful to have long prefixes above names. That's a bigger no than a prefix in the chat for me.

I'm focusing on the game, not on the chat whenever I play.... don't want to see useless prefixes above players all the time.

pieterpeer

May 3, 2020
The Netherlands
Do they?

Cleanest of of course would be no prefix at all, but I think it would look awful to have long prefixes above names. That's a bigger no than a prefix in the chat for me.

I'm focusing on the game, not on the chat whenever I play.... don't want to see useless prefixes above players all the time.
The idea was never to put the prefixes above heads ingame though, this would only apply to lobbies.

Reactions: InsaneOrbitzz
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #19-
The Sun makes a sound but we can't hear it.
Reesle wrote on xireu's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay :D
Reesle wrote on Mantas2221's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! 👋
been working on chapter 4 + some changes to fhg
UncleSpect wrote on vk4zuta's profile.
thank you for the follow!
Top Bottom