Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you like the snow slabs removed?

• Keep the snow slabs

• remove or decrease the snow slabs

Results are only viewable after voting.

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
IMO, the snow slabs on every island in the map storm are very annoying. They make it extremely awkward to pvp and strafe or even sneak around. If I were to sneak on a snow slab I would walk right off despite me sneaking. Because of this you can sneak right off your island to due to the snow slabs on the edges. I know the game allows you to break the slabs but then theres no reason for having them in the first place. Its especially bad on the trees, I can hardly move anywhere on the trees and if Im in a pvp fight on them, everyone take next to no knockback whatsoever. I would personally like them removed or at least minimized, they currently take up over half the starting islands.

Edit: Thank you to whoever edited the 2nd poll choice for me :).

Last edited:

Cynamooo

Forum Veteran
Aug 26, 2015
You can break the snow layers on Storm (Team Eggwars), not the blocks ofcourse. Although you can do that I'd rather see it removed than breaking it every single game. It will only destroy the map it's beauty. They did the same with UnderDaSea (Team Eggwars), they changed mid because it was really hard to pvp, reach and walk in general.

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
You can break the snow layers on Storm (Team Eggwars), not the blocks ofcourse. Although you can do that I'd rather see it removed than breaking it every single game. It will only destroy the map it's beauty. They did the same with UnderDaSea (Team Eggwars), they changed mid because it was really hard to pvp, reach and walk in general.
Slabs in general are to glitchy (snow or blocks) i avoid slabs when i can because i always get glitched and have to temporarly true an enemy player he can kill me so i can get out because of this its one of the most hated maps because its to easy to extend the game even without camping

Reactions: 0ffense

Loganblahtimes2

Novice Member
Feb 1, 2017
Limbo
Yeah, I don't have much to say but suggestions, so I'll just spit 'em out. A, you could always make a small pvp platform, B, pvp at middle if possible, or c, just do what I do and pay lots of attention to the surroundings. Every since I started focusing on where my player was and where I needed to go, I have found myself in better strategic positions and very very rarely getting hit off in an on-island fight. Yes, the snow is annoying, but try to work around it. Good luck in the future!

GeldHaftige

Dedicated Member
May 4, 2017
Belgium
In real life isn't the snow layer also equal. It makes the map more realistic. I don't understand how it is more difficult for pvp'ing. I don't see a difference with other maps.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
In real life isn't the snow layer also equal. It makes the map more realistic. I don't understand how it is more difficult for pvp'ing. I don't see a difference with other maps.
Because obviously, minecraft is all about realism right?

Practicality over realism.
I don't understand how it is more difficult for pvp'ing.
If I were to sneak on a snow slab I would walk right off despite me sneaking. Because of this you can sneak right off your island to due to the snow slabs on the edges.
and
Don't forget the lag it creates

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
Yeah, I don't have much to say but suggestions, so I'll just spit 'em out. A, you could always make a small pvp platform, B, pvp at middle if possible, or c, just do what I do and pay lots of attention to the surroundings. Every since I started focusing on where my player was and where I needed to go, I have found myself in better strategic positions and very very rarely getting hit off in an on-island fight. Yes, the snow is annoying, but try to work around it. Good luck in the future!

Im never going to make a platform for pvp it would be pointless since your moving from island to island constantly in eggwars. Also, pvp doesn't always take place at mid you have to defend your egg at all times which is why theres also pvp at the starting islands. Lastly, paying attention to your surroundings won't do anything about the snow slabs. Its not like they are gonna disappear as soon as you start paying attention to them, and getting hit off along with being in strategic positions has nothing to do with the snow slabs. At the moment, you cant work your way around them theres just too many on each island. It would just be extremely convenient to have them removed.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

Wouze

Apr 9, 2016
New york
The snow layers have always been a part of the map that I liked (and sometimes can make for some spicy escapes), but reducing the amount may be in order.

hmhm

Aug 5, 2016
They are pretty annoying but they don't need to be removed completely. Maybe decrease the number of them.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
:3🍜
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will like it here!:D
I may or may not have bought 6 Birthday Bundles (used one on myself) and I may or may not do a Giveaway for 1 soon 😉
IMG_5319.png
ImLeave wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome!
Top Bottom