Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Nilsen84

Oct 7, 2017
Sweden
To start off I like pvp on CubeCraft. I Especially like duels. I play quite a lot of duels everyday and am enjoying it. I win most of the duels I play against non-laggers but if I am playing against someone with around a 100 ping or more I am pretty much guaranteed to loose unless that person isn't good at pvp.

A good lagger has learnt to use their ping to their advantage so someone who is not used to it simply can't compete. They also take very delayed knockback so even if someone only has 100 ping their knockback can be delayed by half a second.

Please make a system where you can choose a maximum ping difference so you can choose who you want to play against. I'm fine if it's by default around 200 but it would make duels far more enjoyable. I live in Sweden btw so i get around 10 - 30 ping, i'm not used to having too really high ping.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
To start off I like pvp on CubeCraft. I Especially like duels. I play quite a lot of duels everyday and am enjoying it. I win most of the duels I play against non-laggers but if I am playing against someone with around a 100 ping or more I am pretty much guaranteed to loose unless that person isn't good at pvp.

A good lagger has learnt to use their ping to their advantage so someone who is not used to it simply can't compete. They also take very delayed knockback so even if someone only has 100 ping their knockback can be delayed by half a second.

Please make a system where you can choose a maximum ping difference so you can choose who you want to play against. I'm fine if it's by default around 200 but it would make duels far more enjoyable. I live in Sweden btw so i get around 10 - 30 ping, i'm not used to having too really high ping.
Perhaps the amount of players the server has can support it but:
• You have to constantly be tracking player’s ping.
• It would be unfair for players with more ping. Because most players don’t really get more than 200 ping or so. Meaning that they would only be matched with a very reduced group of players. Perhaps meaning games would take longer to start for them.
• Laggers aren’t really that problematic, it’s not like they ruin your game. Perhaps you should just learn how to fight against someone with high ping. And if it’s just impossible, well sometimes it’s better to accept a problem rather thank asking for an unfeasible solution.
• It seems like a complicated system to implement. But what do I know, I can barely tell python to print something.

Finixly

Forum Expert
Jun 17, 2018
Beverly Hills
The most of the laggers are pretty easy to kill (I'm not saying that i'm the best or something tho) But they are still annoying.. +1

Nilsen84

Oct 7, 2017
Sweden
Perhaps the amount of players the server has can support it but:
• You have to constantly be tracking player’s ping.
• It would be unfair for players with more ping. Because most players don’t really get more than 200 ping or so. Meaning that they would only be matched with a very reduced group of players. Perhaps meaning games would take longer to start for them.
• Laggers aren’t really that problematic, it’s not like they ruin your game. Perhaps you should just learn how to fight against someone with high ping. And if it’s just impossible, well sometimes it’s better to accept a problem rather thank asking for an unfeasible solution.
• It seems like a complicated system to implement. But what do I know, I can barely tell python to print something.

You don't have to constantly track players ping, only when two people want to duel. then the server checks both's ping, get the difference and and can see if the ping difference matches both of the players requests.

Most players would probably not change the ping difference settings.

Its hard to learn to fight a lagger when most players aren't. They aren't much of a problem though since there are so few.

Shouldn't be too hard, Hypixel has this system

Nilsen84

Oct 7, 2017
Sweden
The most of the laggers are pretty easy to kill (I'm not saying that i'm the best or something tho) But they are still annoying.. +1

The normal combos doesn't really work, I use the shuffle and circle strafe and they doesn't really work on laggers. What combo works?

Nilsen84

Oct 7, 2017
Sweden
Well don’t forget that they have between the
50 000 and 75 000 players online. This makes it pretty easy to separate the player base.
I guess you have a point. Would for me at least make duels more enjoyable if there was a system like this.

RickDeKlomp

Forum Expert
Jun 11, 2017
The Netherlands
Yeah well. I'm not sure if this is possible. I mean, it's possible, but people with ping will have to queue for like 10 minutes. But I totally agree with you. Sometimes I even think that they abuse their lag on purpose.

Siftenly

Forum Expert
Nov 30, 2016
The Netherlands
I don't really think that this should be added because I think this will just withhold players with a bad connection from playing duels. It isn't that bad if you lose 1 duel right? And as said above, people with a bad connection would have to queue very long if they want to play a duel.

Smoothlyy

Forum Expert
Mar 28, 2019
USA

I have 150 ping and I have no lag whatsoever. 100 ping isn't horrible, when I beat tryhards in skywars or in duels they always call me a lagger. It's hilarious because they just got wrecked and can't admit it. Not everyone can help their ping especially if they live in America like me. I would really like to see you Europeans play on Hypixel or any other American server. The same would happen. Just because someone has 150 ping doesn't mean they're lagging.

Reactions: Alexis7w7_

RickDeKlomp

Forum Expert
Jun 11, 2017
The Netherlands
I have 150 ping and I have no lag whatsoever. 100 ping isn't horrible, when I beat tryhards in skywars or in duels they always call me a lagger. It's hilarious because they just got wrecked and can't admit it. Not everyone can help their ping especially if they live in America like me. I would really like to see you Europeans play on Hypixel or any other American server. The same would happen. Just because someone has 150 ping doesn't mean they're lagging.
Well this is debatable. I believe that if you have around 100/150 ping, you dont even notice yourself lagging. Aside from that, laggin isn't instantly teleporting. People with 100/150 ping often don't take much knockback. Which counts as lag if you ask me. But who notices themselves barely taking knockback?

Reactions: Yamin and CubeTale

Smoothlyy

Forum Expert
Mar 28, 2019
USA
Well this is debatable. I believe that if you have around 100/150 ping, you dont even notice yourself lagging. Aside from that, laggin isn't instantly teleporting. People with 100/150 ping often don't take much knockback. Which counts as lag if you ask me. But who notices themselves barely taking knockback?

I would like to disagree with you on the knockback part. Whenever I play against/with people who have low ping they always take minimal knockback. Whereas I take an insane amount of knockback. I think your statement should be the opposite. Players with high ping take a lot of kb, and players with low ping don't take much knockback.

Ronzo

Dedicated Member
Aug 26, 2016
I would like to disagree with you on the knockback part. Whenever I play against/with people who have low ping they always take minimal knockback. Whereas I take an insane amount of knockback. I think your statement should be the opposite. Players with high ping take a lot of kb, and players with low ping don't take much knockback.
laggers have delayed knockback so they're hard to combo as it's unpredictable

Reactions: Yamin and CubeTale

RickDeKlomp

Forum Expert
Jun 11, 2017
The Netherlands
Oke, I'll say it in a different way. They might have a lot of knockback, but their knockback isn't consistent (Btw, I don't think that they have a lot of knockback). They dont take knockback, and the moment after it they are knocked of the map. Still an advantage. Because they can combo you.

Reactions: Yamin

Smoothlyy

Forum Expert
Mar 28, 2019
USA
laggers have delayed knockback so they're hard to combo as it's unpredictable

He can’t infer that people with 100 ping are laggers. I have 150 ping and I do not lag at all. The people you are talking about have like 200-300 ping and yes I do agree with you on those players.

iHamster

Novice Member
Dec 5, 2017
The Netherlands
I actually like the idea! When im playing pvp against laggers, im really irritated because sometimes they don't even take knockback. Or it's 5 seconds later! If this is added I no longer have to play against laggers. +1 from me!

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy birthday 🎈
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy birthday
Basketman wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy Birthday mister daily facts! 🥳
JustNathie wrote on Camezonda's profile.
Happy Birthday! 💜 🎉
Top Bottom