Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should bans for making a fake report be permanent?

• Yes

Votes: 34 59.6%
  • No

Votes: 23 40.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Herbert The Duck

Novice Member
Aug 12, 2019
To me, "fake report" means a report made using fake evidence.
If that is the case, I absolutely agree in permanent bans. It's an incredibly scummy thing to do to try and get someone banned on fake evidence.

Like a few people said above me, if someone reports what they genuinely believe to be an instance of rule breaking, such as hacking or whatever, and it ends up being proven not true, the person who made the report shouldn't be held liable for that. (unless they're obviously spamming the report system) That's what mods are for! To analyze the provided evidence and determine if the person is guilty or not.

Reactions: Herrero

Ferrcho

Jun 24, 2019
Spain
Welp, I'll give my opinion too since everyone is doing exactly that: First thing you have to keep in mind, is that a 'permanent' ban is no really a permanent one. This mean that they usually can be undone at any moment later (for example after 3-4 months), since you can contact with an administrator once a certain time has passed or at least I do think so. Then, having said that; I agree that it should change though, it should have like a punishment track which help new players to understand the rules better and help them to know that what they're going to do is something disallowed on the network and can be punished. I'd say about this punishment track:
1 months ban network (game, forums & discord) --> Permanent ban network (game, forums & discord).

It still being a serious punishment, and it should be punished regarding to the rules. But I do agree that it should have like a kind of warning (a ban of 1 month that will serve like a warning) and then a permanent ban that cannot be undone.

Conclusion of my reply: I agree that it should be a less harsh instead of giving directly a permanent ban.
I don't agree with you at all. Because if someone makes a false report to you, you are going to pay for something you didn't do, and that would be totally unfair.

jacob12dx

Novice Member
Jun 11, 2020
Pennsylvania
Hacking isn't nearly as bad/immoral as blatantly lying to the staff team about something that never actually happened. Imo, creating a fake report with fake evidence just to frame an innocent person someone deserves a worse punishment than the thing you are reporting the player for.

Reactions: Herbert The Duck
D

Deleted member 469419

I don't agree with you at all. Because if someone makes a false report to you, you are going to pay for something you didn't do, and that would be totally unfair.
Hmm, I'm sorry but I really don't get you. I know that getting fake/unfair reports it's not something good that would like anyone and I agree that it must be strictly punished. However, I don't agree with the idea of instantly giving out a permanent punishment, this is because then the infractors who get it, won't be able to play on the server anymore, probably due to a fail properly of an inmature kid who don't know what are they doing and its consequences. That's why I suggest a ban of 2 months from all sites, in order to let them know that what they did were wrong and it's strictly punishable, by that way infractors won't get a permanent sanction. You know Fermin, I believe in the second opportunities (And you and I should know it better than anyone else, since we both have got punishments 👀)

Of course you can still disagree with me and I do respect that fact, but it will still being my opinion, and probably nobody will change my mind (:

Even though one other possible solution would be the fact that the punishment length you've got due to the fake report, will be applied together with the two months (as a first punishment track), if the player attempt to do it again, then it will be a perm one.

Herbert The Duck

Novice Member
Aug 12, 2019
Hmm, I'm sorry but I really don't get you. I know that getting fake/unfair reports it's not something good that would like anyone and I agree that it must be strictly punished. However, I don't agree with the idea of instantly giving out a permanent punishment, this is because then the infractors who get it, won't be able to play on the server anymore, probably due to a fail properly of an inmature kid who don't know what are they doing and its consequences. That's why I suggest a ban of 2 months from all sites, in order to let them know that what they did were wrong and it's strictly punishable, by that way infractors won't get a permanent sanction. You know Fermin, I believe in the second opportunities.

Of course you can still disagree with me and I do respect that fact, but it will still being my opinion, and probably nobody will change my mind (:

Even though one other possible solution would be the fact that the punishment length you've got due to the fake report, will be applied together with the two months (as a first punishment track), if the player attempt to do it again, then it will be a perm one.
I don't entirely agree with what you've said. Every person who plays on the server must at least have a basic understanding of server rules. And let's be honest, immature or not, that kid knows exactly what he's doing. He's trying to get an innocent person banned, which is incredibly immoral. I think a permanent punishment is the best option, but I am also open to the idea of discussing a 2-3 month ban with some sort of probationary period. Maybe remove the ability to report, speak, or play multiplayer games, I'm not really sure.

But again, that's just my opinion, and I equally respect yours.

Theboy122

Feb 23, 2021
They should make it like 6months + report site ban. So you couldnt play half a year and you cant report anymore. If you do it again perm.
But that won’t help cubecraft. If they get banned from the report site then they’ll be more hackers.

Herbert The Duck

Novice Member
Aug 12, 2019
But that won’t help cubecraft. If they get banned from the report site then they’ll be more hackers.
I sincerely hope the amount of people creating fake evidence is incredibly low. Even then, the person likely doesn't care too much about the reporting integrity of the server if they'll go through the effort to try and get someone banned with fake evidence.

Reactions: Matriox

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him

The user in question falsified reports to get someone innocent punished. I don't think Cubecraft needs that person reporting at all. In addition, one person not reporting anymore won't cause an influx in cheaters not being punished.

Ferrcho

Jun 24, 2019
Spain
Hmm, I'm sorry but I really don't get you. I know that getting fake/unfair reports it's not something good that would like anyone and I agree that it must be strictly punished. However, I don't agree with the idea of instantly giving out a permanent punishment, this is because then the infractors who get it, won't be able to play on the server anymore, probably due to a fail properly of an inmature kid who don't know what are they doing and its consequences. That's why I suggest a ban of 2 months from all sites, in order to let them know that what they did were wrong and it's strictly punishable, by that way infractors won't get a permanent sanction. You know Fermin, I believe in the second opportunities (And you and I should know it better than anyone else, since we both have got punishments 👀)

I know we have been punished, like almost everyone else who has said something insulting in chat or used hacks. But doing that is not the same as making a false report.

I don't make you change your mind as you say. Since we are here to give our opinion.

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_
D

Deleted member 469419

I know we have been punished, like almost everyone else who has said something insulting in chat or used hacks. But doing that is not the same as making a false report.
Either you like or not, it is still being a mistake on a game.

And you know what I wanted to mean... @_AyJee

Reactions: LoveAndMafia

Dqnnny

Apr 16, 2017
Netherlands
I don't entirely agree with what you've said. Every person who plays on the server must at least have a basic understanding of server rules. And let's be honest, immature or not, that kid knows exactly what he's doing. He's trying to get an innocent person banned, which is incredibly immoral. I think a permanent punishment is the best option, but I am also open to the idea of discussing a 2-3 month ban with some sort of probationary period. Maybe remove the ability to report, speak, or play multiplayer games, I'm not really sure.

But again, that's just my opinion, and I equally respect yours.
I completely understand if people get banned from the report site forever. In my case the report was made to mute somebody not to ban somebody. So why would I not get a permanent mute instead of a permanent ban?

Herbert The Duck

Novice Member
Aug 12, 2019
I completely understand if people get banned from the report site forever. In my case the report was made to mute somebody not to ban somebody. So why would I not get a permanent mute instead of a permanent ban?
Because attempting to get someone muted/banned on fake evidence is way worse than saying profanities in the chat (which would normally get someone perm muted). The permeant mute would be punishment in addition to time.

It's not about what the intended goal was, it's about the use of the fake evidence. That's incredibly scummy and immoral.

In my opinion, a mute alone wouldn't be sufficient punishment for such a severe offence.

• Love
Reactions: keirah
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Latest profile posts

Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Blom wrote on Lyriie's profile.
Lyriie, sorry for bullying you all the time :o
Ur an amazing staff member <3
mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
Top Bottom