Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should bans for making a fake report be permanent?

• Yes

Votes: 34 59.6%
  • No

Votes: 23 40.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dqnnny

Apr 16, 2017
Netherlands
Hello Cubecraft players,

I have been banned for almost 5 months now from cubecraft for making a fake report. It is a permanent ban. I think people who made a fake report should deserve another chance on this, because the bans for fake reporting are always permanent. People who got banned for this learn their lesson faster then people that got banned for hacking. I think people that are getting banned for hacking would do it over again earlier then people that are banned for submitting a fake report. So my suggestion is to lower the bans for submitting a fake report to maybe a month for the first time or 2 months. And if it happens 2 times it should be permanent.
I would love to hear other peoples opinions about this.

Dqnnny

Reactions: Mivke

Snowwyyy

Apr 5, 2020
The Far Lucky Islands
Pronouns
He/Him
Not "permanent ♾" someone might thought you're a hacker and reported you then you proved yourself tagts you weren't hacking, so the one who reported you might just did a mistake, it's not punishable.
In addition, a moderator cannot ban you if he/she isn't sure and even if they did you can appeal via this site:

Reactions: Colleeee

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
Not "permanent ♾" someone might thought you're a hacker and reported you then you proved yourself tagts you weren't hacking, so the one who reported you might just did a mistake, it's not punishable.
In addition, a moderator cannot ban you if he/she isn't sure and even if they did you can appeal via this site:
I believe they meant that they were banned because they submitted fake evidence.

Submitting fake evidence is a pretty major offense, you could cause someone to be permanently banned from the network, so it's pretty fair that it's applied towards you. You may always appeal at HTTP://appeals.cubecraft.net or contact our moderation manager (Capitan). In my opinion, the permanent ban is justified.

Herrero

Mar 4, 2017
You can break any other rule but you will never sink lower than if you break this one. An action like this one should get the biggest punishment possible.

Nuclide

Feb 16, 2021
Finland
youtu.be
False reporting means faking evidence to harm other people, Causing harm like that really needs to be punished, Just imagine being a legit player enjoying the server and someone makes fake evidence of you breaking the rules, and you get banned. And maybe the fake evidence was so well edited you have no way of proving you are not guilty. Maybe you even lose friends because they think you are a terrible person for what "you said"

Reactions: Ferrcho

Ferrcho

Jun 24, 2019
Spain
False reporting means faking evidence to harm other people, Causing harm like that really needs to be punished, Just imagine being a legit player enjoying the server and someone makes fake evidence of you breaking the rules, and you get banned. And maybe the fake evidence was so well edited you have no way of proving you are not guilty. Maybe you even lose friends because they think you are a terrible person for what "you said"
Yes, that is exactly what it is. As I said in my message they were about to mute me, as the report one person made to me had the chat closed and was not open. If the chat had been open they would have muted me for sure.

KitsuneToru

Jul 14, 2020
Fake reports fully deserve permanent bans.

The only reason you would submit a false report is if you maliciously wanted to get another user unfairly banned. There is never an acceptable excuse for this and the fact that you could get another user unfairly banned from the server definitely justifies that a permanent ban is fair.

Dqnnny

Apr 16, 2017
Netherlands
But hacking ruins other people gameplay just as hard. But for hacking you get like 3 bans before it is a permanent one?

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
But hacking ruins other people gameplay just as hard. But for hacking you get like 3 bans before it is a permanent one?
False. Hacking isn’t good and it ruins it for others, but creating false reports is just so much worse. You’re just trying to get someone punished while they didn’t do anything wrong, I can hardly think of a way to sink lower than that. Also, you get 1 ban and then a permanent one for hacking, not 3...

Ge1ster

Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2020
Lampland
Most people cheat only to gain an unfair advantage in the game. They ruin one game, sure, but you just move on. Or even better, you can report them and get them punished.

Submitting fake reports, on the other hand, is an entirely different story. It is done with malicious intent to punish another player for an unfair reason, and cause them possible punishment they didn't deserve, it's literally framing an innocent player. It's not hard to believe a permanent ban is a just punishment for it.

LoveAndMafia

Dedicated Member
Oct 16, 2016
Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
I sincerely disagree with you as making a false report is very serious as @Technosword said. I had a person make a false report to me a while ago that almost got me muted, and I think doing that is very wrong. I think the ban should be permanent, and whoever does it should pay for it.
I had a person Who makes a false report too, and I get banned. Other time, too, but I only get a mute... So I think that you arent the indicated person to talk about It.

D

Deleted member 469419

Welp, I'll give my opinion too since everyone is doing exactly that: First thing you have to keep in mind, is that a 'permanent' ban is no really a permanent one. This mean that they usually can be undone at any moment later (for example after 3-4 months), since you can contact with an administrator once a certain time has passed or at least I do think so. Then, having said that; I agree that it should change though, it should have like a punishment track which help new players to understand the rules better and help them to know that what they're going to do is something disallowed on the network and can be punished. I'd say about this punishment track:
1 months ban network (game, forums & discord) --> Permanent ban network (game, forums & discord).

It still being a serious punishment, and it should be punished regarding to the rules. But I do agree that it should have like a kind of warning (a ban of 1 month that will serve like a warning) and then a permanent ban that cannot be undone.

Conclusion of my reply: I agree that it should be a less harsh instead of giving directly a permanent ban.

Dqnnny

Apr 16, 2017
Netherlands
Welp, I'll give my opinion too since everyone is doing exactly that: First thing you have to keep in mind, is that a 'permanent' ban is no really a permanent one. This mean that they usually can be undone at any moment later (for example after 3-4 months), since you can contact with an administrator once a certain time has passed or at least I do think so. Then, having said that; I agree that it should change though, it should have like a punishment track which help new players to understand the rules better and help them to know that what they're going to do is something disallowed on the network and can be punished. I'd say about this punishment track:
1 months ban network (game, forums & discord) --> Permanent ban network (game, forums & discord).

It still being a serious punishment, and it should be punished regarding to the rules. But I do agree that it should have like a kind of warning (a ban of 1 month that will serve like a warning) and then a permanent ban that cannot be undone.

Conclusion of my reply: I agree that it should be a less harsh instead of giving directly a permanent ban.
In my case it is a permanent ban the staff that banned me told me he would never unban me.
I like your idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Baploon's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
ninjaaleen wrote on qKhalidd's profile.
hi
UncleSpect wrote on itsfadedaway's profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on Valyo_nepobedim's profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
Kazwa wrote on B0tervlieg's profile.
happy birthday! :)
Top Bottom