Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Nov 11, 2023
Hello people of the CubeCraft forums. My name is Jenn, but I am also often called "Kath" as a shortening of my gamer handle, which is fine with me.

I've been lurking here for at least a few days now, but the thought of trying to make an introduction post made me anxious. I've been playing minecraft for over a decade, now- so I'm an old school, og minecrafter from before the game was even finished. My playstyle has evolved & fluctuated a lot over the years as I've learned & gone through various stages in my minecraft "development".

While I have quite a bit of experience with building for aesthetics & minecraft pixel art due to my time with a creative server community- (once having built an elaborate, palatial resort style themed hotel complete with custom trees in the garden including a giant sprawling stained glass wisteria tree & a cherry tree with fancy lanterns, functional indoor & outdoor playgrounds, games, rides, fancy gym with custom equipment*, arcade, fully adjustable enchantment rooms, automatic potion brewing machines, stained glass sunrise window, giant dragon-egg themed swimming pool with diving boards made from slimeblocks which were new at the time, with my custom, signature griefer bait pixel art mama dragon & hatching egg as the centerpiece, posh personal living suites, grand entrance room with patterned floors, elegant staircases, & call buttons that played a nameless tune from a music box in my early childhood, overlooked by a 5 story library, a formal dining area with chandeliers, a glass-floored ballroom built over a garden with a giant custom tree at the center, the giant multistory fireplaces on each side of the place lit & "warmed" the library and the kitchens on the left side of the place, & the living suites & multistory indoor playground & gameroom to the right.)- I actually always strongly gravitated towards survival & more utilitarian, practical builds- eventually specializing in subterranean bases built around clustered dungeon spawners to avoid griefers in multiplayer survival, & have a lot of centrally located renewable resources.
Once someone suggested that I might like skyblock. I tried it *VERY* briefly back then, spawning on an island with only a tree that yielded no saplings. I just kind of ???'d & noped out of there, not really understanding anything about it, or having much patience to learn.

Many years later, as I finished up a ridiculously large mob farm in the sky of one of my single player mode games, I found myself thinking about that person's suggestion, & gave it another go. My luck was better this time around, & I quickly made a lot of progress, being really proud of my work. In little time, I'd saved up enough for a skeleton spawner & had the room all set up for them to spawn in, & drop down to a collection area right at my enchantment room, and... the spawner didn't work. Wouldn't work. Days later, checked back in- still nothing.

So, while I'd realized I did like the concept of skyblock, the server I was on had some game-breaking issues. It didn't take me long after that to find CubeCraft, & I have since thrown myself into my little world, which seems to get a suprising amount of silent visitors for a solo world. I can only assume they are staff; mods, admins, hopefuls in training, etc. I have a lot of experience with modding & admin'ing on old java servers, but that was a long time ago now, & due to unrelated irl circumstances which I will not delve into as it's just way tl;dr tmi stuff, I am now a bedrock player, with no interest in the often thankless work, hidden politics, &/or drama associated with being a member of the staff on any server.

I'd rather be playing the game and I have been. While there's a lot I might have done differently in hindsight, I have really been enjoying my time here. My approach to most of the baddies has been to maintain the highground with catwalks, ledges, & pillars, knocking bosses into the void when able, using strategically placed water buckets, & keeping my gear updated with the highest level enchantments available to me at any given time. Also- figured out pretty early, if not using a silk-touch-Fortune tool for your initial harvests, then you're losing out on massive amounts of productivity.

So yeah- this is my introduction post. Hello again.

Dreamer

Forum Expert
Dec 3, 2016
Antwerp - Belgium
Its nice to see people venture into the cubecraft skyblock adventure, it is certainly a grind to complete it but since you enjoy building, I don't think you will be too bored following the quests and building your own little paradise.
As someone who has spent too much time on the game, I always enjoy it when I can help out with questions or other things, since that way I feel helpful and engaged even after I finished the game.
Welcome to the forums, and you should definitely keep us updated on your progress, maybe share some pictures too?

Reactions: katharsisamok16
Nov 11, 2023
Its nice to see people venture into the cubecraft skyblock adventure, it is certainly a grind to complete it but since you enjoy building, I don't think you will be too bored following the quests and building your own little paradise.
As someone who has spent too much time on the game, I always enjoy it when I can help out with questions or other things, since that way I feel helpful and engaged even after I finished the game.
Welcome to the forums, and you should definitely keep us updated on your progress, maybe share some pictures too?
It's definitely grindy, but that's not too bad with the right tools while listening to something else on youtube- unless the lag from my funky internet slows things to a crawl &/or boots me.

While I feel accomplished as my world grows & progressively becomes more productive, also been taking my time in some ways, as in no hurry to "run out of game", & will probably create a coop world at some point if able.

I vacillate between phases where I like to be engaging & helpful- and my more solitary phases.

I took out the extreme hills island yesterday & was really pleased with the way my spur of the moment stair-stepping path up towards it turned out looking even after the fact.

I just unlocked the optimizer earlier today, & already had a decent supply of golden apples, golden carrots, & emeralds- so yay. :D
Thank you for the welcome. I play on my ps4 & don't really know how to get my screenshots from there to here, aside from uploading my vids to youtube & taking screenshots from there... and I have a lot of catching up to do on the uploads... I internally cringed earlier as I was counting them. D: Oh- just thought of something I can share. :D Some of the few surviving screenshots from part of my old work. I will share some of my newer stuff as I am able.

Attachments

• Minecraft_Pool and trees.jpg
    Minecraft_Pool and trees.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 30
  • Minecraft_DragonArt Pool.jpg
    Minecraft_DragonArt Pool.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 38
  • Minecraft_Wisteria w ThomasBG.jpg
    Minecraft_Wisteria w ThomasBG.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 33
  • minecraft_Cherry Tree.jpg
    minecraft_Cherry Tree.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 30
Reactions: Dreamer

Desiderata

Forum Expert
Oct 31, 2023
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/She/They
Hello people of the CubeCraft forums. My name is Jenn, but I am also often called "Kath" as a shortening of my gamer handle, which is fine with me.

I've been lurking here for at least a few days now, but the thought of trying to make an introduction post made me anxious. I've been playing minecraft for over a decade, now- so I'm an old school, og minecrafter from before the game was even finished. My playstyle has evolved & fluctuated a lot over the years as I've learned & gone through various stages in my minecraft "development".

While I have quite a bit of experience with building for aesthetics & minecraft pixel art due to my time with a creative server community- (once having built an elaborate, palatial resort style themed hotel complete with custom trees in the garden including a giant sprawling stained glass wisteria tree & a cherry tree with fancy lanterns, functional indoor & outdoor playgrounds, games, rides, fancy gym with custom equipment*, arcade, fully adjustable enchantment rooms, automatic potion brewing machines, stained glass sunrise window, giant dragon-egg themed swimming pool with diving boards made from slimeblocks which were new at the time, with my custom, signature griefer bait pixel art mama dragon & hatching egg as the centerpiece, posh personal living suites, grand entrance room with patterned floors, elegant staircases, & call buttons that played a nameless tune from a music box in my early childhood, overlooked by a 5 story library, a formal dining area with chandeliers, a glass-floored ballroom built over a garden with a giant custom tree at the center, the giant multistory fireplaces on each side of the place lit & "warmed" the library and the kitchens on the left side of the place, & the living suites & multistory indoor playground & gameroom to the right.)- I actually always strongly gravitated towards survival & more utilitarian, practical builds- eventually specializing in subterranean bases built around clustered dungeon spawners to avoid griefers in multiplayer survival, & have a lot of centrally located renewable resources.
Once someone suggested that I might like skyblock. I tried it *VERY* briefly back then, spawning on an island with only a tree that yielded no saplings. I just kind of ???'d & noped out of there, not really understanding anything about it, or having much patience to learn.

Many years later, as I finished up a ridiculously large mob farm in the sky of one of my single player mode games, I found myself thinking about that person's suggestion, & gave it another go. My luck was better this time around, & I quickly made a lot of progress, being really proud of my work. In little time, I'd saved up enough for a skeleton spawner & had the room all set up for them to spawn in, & drop down to a collection area right at my enchantment room, and... the spawner didn't work. Wouldn't work. Days later, checked back in- still nothing.

So, while I'd realized I did like the concept of skyblock, the server I was on had some game-breaking issues. It didn't take me long after that to find CubeCraft, & I have since thrown myself into my little world, which seems to get a suprising amount of silent visitors for a solo world. I can only assume they are staff; mods, admins, hopefuls in training, etc. I have a lot of experience with modding & admin'ing on old java servers, but that was a long time ago now, & due to unrelated irl circumstances which I will not delve into as it's just way tl;dr tmi stuff, I am now a bedrock player, with no interest in the often thankless work, hidden politics, &/or drama associated with being a member of the staff on any server.

I'd rather be playing the game and I have been. While there's a lot I might have done differently in hindsight, I have really been enjoying my time here. My approach to most of the baddies has been to maintain the highground with catwalks, ledges, & pillars, knocking bosses into the void when able, using strategically placed water buckets, & keeping my gear updated with the highest level enchantments available to me at any given time. Also- figured out pretty early, if not using a silk-touch-Fortune tool for your initial harvests, then you're losing out on massive amounts of productivity.

So yeah- this is my introduction post. Hello again.
welcome to the forums ✨

Reactions: katharsisamok16
Nov 11, 2023
Thank you all for all the welcomes. Yesterday I unlocked diamonds & am delighted- now having over 6 stacks, in addition to the diamond tools I've made. Yay! :D

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Casualpoalrbear wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats in helper. I know you do great

(Also nice change to your PFP)
Frontlane wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday!
Frontlane wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Gefeliciteerd!!!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Pro helper!:D
Conea64 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
I know I'm early but congratulations on being a colourful little fella
Top Bottom