Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
L

Lightning McQueen

This server has been around for 6 years+. That wouldn't even be a year babes. I personally have been here for 3, with many I know have been here for at least 4.
This isn't a court of law or military where people ate required to serve for years before a promotion. It is illogical.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space

Wintrie

Dedicated Member
Dec 1, 2016
Scotland
www.youtube.com
I agree with this, the fact that people only make a forums account to apply for helper is annoying, if they're really dedicated they'll stick around for the 6 months to be able to apply for helper. +1

Reactions: QuikMiner

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
upload_2017-9-11_21-44-15.png

They've already seen the thread. They probably just didn't want to take the very obvious bait.

Quake_02

Novice Member
Apr 22, 2017
Helper wannabes are annoying, both because they tend not to qualify for the role that they so desperately desire, and because they flood the forums with useless posts in order to get their message count up. Why not move the 'Helper applications' section of the forums to an area that is only accessible to six month-old forums users? This way, you're assured that far less applications are coming from randoms who have only today made their forums account, and have quickly spammed the Media section for their fifty or so messages. It would make the forums cleaner, and would also make finding decent helper applications a lot easier. I think I recall there being over a thousand applications at one point, which must take an immense amount of time to read through.

Opinions? :3

Edit: By "Helper wannabe", I don't mean anybody in particular. I'm referring to those people who have literally only made their forums account with the intent of getting helper. They have little to no interest in the server/community itself. You often see new statuses coming up in the feed along the lines of "Hoping to get helper!!" yet they've made their forums account that same day.
i actually really love this idea. specially the point about you have to be a member for at least g months. And year the helper wannabes are just needy, if you wanted to be a helper sign just act cool.( i dont even know what i am saying) xD

HackersDontWin

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜

HackersDontWin

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
But you can look at profiles...
People can lie about there age...
(Unless of tacos interveiwed and found a 5yr old kid out,,,)
This dosent really help...
At least it filters the application more. And I bet that the people who are caught lying about their age will be automatically disqualified for the rank.

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
This is cubecraft, what do you expect?
Just a tag on a block game server, it's not anything special.
Well if it isnt anything special then why not justgive it to everyone. If it isnt special its ordinary. So ordinary people should get it right?

Miauw

Forum Expert
Jul 23, 2016
the Netherlands
Whilst it's sure I get extremely annoyed when I see another person posting something along the lines of 'helleaiu i ned mersoggus fur helpr', or someone having a text like 'Help me get to helper!' in their signature, I think their intentions aren't to annoy us while we scroll through a couple of threads.

What I'm trying to say is, these are people that apparently would like to help out other people that don't deserve to be looked down up on. Now I understand there must be an amount of people that would only do it for the fancy pink name tag or whatever, but still there's also a good amount of people who just really likes to be helpful, but might not be fully qualified for the job. This is why I dislike the term 'helper wannabe', because being helpful isn't something we should see as something negative.

Still I mostly agree with the things you say as in people who start their forum account and the same day start applying. It would be a lot easier for staff to handle those applications if some measurements were taken.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

BurgerCat13 wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday fellow dragon enthusiast 🐉
Xi1m wrote on Eli's profile.
oh noes
happy late birthday eli!!!!
Xi1m wrote on eddytheeagle88's profile.
if youre a partner on the discord server, shouldnt you also be partner on here?
Malek_kh wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🌹
Malek_kh wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy Birthday! :heart:
Top Bottom