Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Helper wannabes are annoying, both because they tend not to qualify for the role that they so desperately desire, and because they flood the forums with useless posts in order to get their message count up. Why not move the 'Helper applications' section of the forums to an area that is only accessible to six month-old forums users? This way, you're assured that far less applications are coming from randoms who have only today made their forums account, and have quickly spammed the Media section for their fifty or so messages. It would make the forums cleaner, and would also make finding decent helper applications a lot easier. I think I recall there being over a thousand applications at one point, which must take an immense amount of time to read through.

Opinions? :3

Edit: By "Helper wannabe", I don't mean anybody in particular. I'm referring to those people who have literally only made their forums account with the intent of getting helper. They have little to no interest in the server/community itself. You often see new statuses coming up in the feed along the lines of "Hoping to get helper!!" yet they've made their forums account that same day.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I agree, those accounts that actually post completely meaningless things to get 100 messages are annoying. Instead of telling people that ask to be a moderator "apply for helper here you need at least 100 messages", you could just tell them to figure it out themselves. I suspect that would prevent most of those people from even trying already. If they can't use google or the search feature to find that information they probably aren't qualified. But I also don't like the trend of calling anyone a helper wannabe when they are trying to be helpful by commenting on everything. It's probably not true, I make dumb comments all the time and I don't want to be a helper.
Screenshot_2017-09-03_20-06-03.png

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
Helper wannabes are annoying, both because they tend not to qualify for the role that they so desperately desire, and because they flood the forums with useless posts in order to get their message count up. Why not move the 'Helper applications' section of the forums to an area that is only accessible to six month-old forums users? This way, you're assured that far less applications are coming from randoms who have only today made their forums account, and have quickly spammed the Media section for their fifty or so messages. It would make the forums cleaner, and would also make finding decent helper applications a lot easier. I think I recall there being over a thousand applications at one point, which must take an immense amount of time to read through.

Edit: By "Helper wannabe", I don't mean anybody in particular. I'm referring to those people who have literally only made their forums account with the intent of getting helper. They have little to no interest in the server/community itself. You often see new statuses coming up in the feed along the lines of "Hoping to get helper!!" yet they've made their forums account that same day.
This is cubecraft, what do you expect?
Just a tag on a block game server, it's not anything special.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
This idea...
Simply brilliant. The amount of applications will certainly be reduced which could result into the staff recruitment team being able to take a look at some applicants more in dept. Currently they get too many applications of players that do not fit any requirements. I even heard some people applied without having a forum account which is a must have.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
This idea...
Simply brilliant. The amount of applications will certainly be reduced which could result into the staff recruitment team being able to take a look at some applicants more in dept. Currently they get too many applications of players that do not fit any requirements. I even heard some people applied without having a forum account which is a must have.
Must happen all the time. People ask in-game how to become a staff member, a player sends them a link, and they apply from there.

A

A pigeon

But ...
Do people gelper wannabe for a free obby rabk or for fame?

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
move the 'Helper applications' section of the forums to an area that is only accessible to six month-old forums users
Now for the suggestion, I couldn't agree more.
There isn't a reason not to add this and can save both staff and the members who do not fit the requirement time.
It's a win-win.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Sophie, that's an very good idea!
But, CubeCraft has a page on the forums for helper applications and they wrote there: When you are spamming on the forums to become helper alll your forum accounts will be removed.

someone1234567890

May 6, 2016

Ir maybe they can look at the quality of the threads, but 6 months is a really long time... So maybe 1 or 2 months of active forums:)

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy birthday 🎈
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy birthday
Basketman wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy Birthday mister daily facts! 🥳
JustNathie wrote on Camezonda's profile.
Happy Birthday! 💜 🎉
Top Bottom