Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What should happen?

• Normal projectiles gets a seperate board.

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • No projectiles gets a seperate board.

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Neither.

Votes: 8 25.8%

• Total voters

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Love it, hate it or don't care about it. Do whatever.
We can all agree on one thing: This is pretty much the only mode you get to play in skywars nowadays, as there is almost always one rank that votes for it. Skywars has pretty much become a mode where "normal mode" is skywars without projectiles. You're lucky to get a mode with projectiles, and soft blocks is pretty much never being selected.
I have a rank with which I can vote for projectile modes, but for some reason, no matter what, it's always going to be no projectiles if someone ties with me. I don't know if this is plain bad luck, but from the few cases where there is only a single rank voting for no projectiles, I seem to always lose in the tie situation and it's still no projectiles.
It's like you can't get anything other than that.
I've been having this problem for a while, and I decided that now is as good a time as any to make this highly needed suggestion.

My suggestion is simple: Re-implement the second solo board, but one that is strictly no-projectiles mode, or one that is strictly normal projectiles mode.

I can't remember the last time I had a match with normal projectiles, and I make sure to vote for it every single game I play. Normal projectiles has become a rare thing to come by in Skywars, ruining what the game essentially is. Bridging was meant to be risky, and not just some task you can get done in seconds without a care in the world. I like no projectile mode from time to time, but I much prefer normal projectiles which is pretty much a once in a blue moon game.

Short description of the poll options:
  • Normal projectiles gets a separate board
    This option would have to lead to a board where projectile options are votable, which also means that "normal projectiles" can't be the default in my opinion. Ranks get to go there to vote for the mode they want, but if nobody votes, the vote is left at random.

• No projectiles gets a separate board
    Normal mode would get the voting options between normal projectiles & soft blocks. No projectile mode is available at all times on the separate board.

• Neither
    Leave the system as is.

comfyyy

This option would have to lead to a board where projectile options are votable, which also means that "normal projectiles" can't be the default in my opinion. Ranks get to go there to vote for the mode they want, but if nobody votes, the vote is left at random.
    Normal mode would get the voting options between normal projectiles & soft blocks. No projectile mode is available at all times on the separate board.
No matter which one you select, won't they result in the same thing? xD

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
No matter which one you select, won't they result in the same thing? xD
Normal projectiles on a separate board:
Projectile voting is only between Soft blocks and No projectiles on the other board. If nobody votes here, results are left at random so it isn't the same as normal projectiles.

No projectiles separate board:
Projectile voting is only between Soft blocks and Normal projectiles on the other board.

TheImperfect

Novice Member
Jul 28, 2017
I've noticed this as well. If you try to vote for projectiles, you would likely be outvoted by those who'd vote for no projectiles which is generally the majority of ranked players. It wouldn't be fair to others who actually want to play Skywars like it was originally envisioned. I believe this would be a good idea for those people who want projectiles or would like to play it occasionally. +1

Shrek Trained Me

Apr 16, 2017
North Korea
We can all agree on one thing: This is pretty much the only mode you get to play in skywars nowadays, as there is almost always one rank that votes for it. Skywars has pretty much become a mode where "normal mode" is skywars without projectiles. You're lucky to get a mode with projectiles, and soft blocks is pretty much never being selected.
I have a rank with which I can vote for projectile modes, but for some reason, no matter what, it's always going to be no projectiles if someone ties with me. I don't know if this is plain bad luck, but from the few cases where there is only a single rank voting for no projectiles, I seem to always lose in the tie situation and it's still no projectiles.
I've been having this problem for a while, and I decided that now is as good a time as any to make this highly needed suggestion.

My suggestion is simple: Re-implement the second solo board, but one that is strictly no-projectiles mode, or one that is strictly normal projectiles mode.

I can't remember the last time I had a match with normal projectiles, and I make sure to vote for it every single game I play. Normal projectiles has become a rare thing to come by in Skywars, ruining what the game essentially is. Bridging was meant to be risky, and not just some task you can get done in seconds without a care in the world. I like no projectile mode from time to time, but I much prefer normal projectiles which is pretty much a once in a blue moon game.

• Neither
    Leave the system as is.
My boy, i get alot of normal projectile games. But tbh i never ever get the soft blocks.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
If they make no projectiles mode a separate mode then I'm only playing that and nothing else.

Shrek Trained Me

Apr 16, 2017
North Korea
pls give me your luck

(no, seriously. I once did 30 games in a day where literally not a single one of them was normal projectiles or soft blocks. The streak goes on)
Choose auto join, most of the rankers are on seasonal or rush maps. If you join beach you maybe find one iron rank, now you can choose projectiles

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Pronouns
He/They

• Neither
    Leave the system as is.
I like the idea, no projectiles shouldn't even exist it changes way too much the classic skywars. But as it has been evidenced since the no projectiles option was implemented, many people like this. So I think it's a great solution for both sides.

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016

• Neither
    Leave the system as is.
I think that no projectiles should a different gamemode to normal projectiles and soft blocks as it is different to the other modes.
I think it should be fixed though.
+1

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
I think the idea of turning a voting option into a new gamemode is a great idea, the only 2 issues I see in doing so is splitting the playerbase in 2 causing both gamemodes take twice as long for a game, and also this strips one of ranked players few rights and just less incenticives buying ranks, which if you didn't know servers need/want money.

Reactions: Despacito 2
D

Deleted member 169486

I said it when I first came out, I've said it again and again, projectiles are a key part of skywars and have been around since the beginning, No projectiles mode is for the noobs that get salty whenever they die. Please make it another board so I don't have to deal with that. Please.

Reactions: Gainfullterror

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
lebump
So far, I've only seen a single comment with reason against this.
And you didn't respond to it either -_-, I see 2 issues I see in doing this is 2 boards causes both gamemodes to take twice as long for a game to start. also this strips one of ranked players few rights and just less incenticizes buying ranks, which if you didn't know servers need/want money.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

WiggedWigg wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy brithdta
Good morning Cube <3 Off to work >.<
Have a nice day everyone xx
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #55-
If a big or medium slime or magma cube is named with a name tag, and then dies, its smaller versions will have the same name.
Mintypie231 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy birthday green budgie!! 🎂🎈
Xi1m wrote on Capitan's profile.
you’re officially cool
IMG_9112.jpeg
Top Bottom