Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Furzide

Novice Member
May 12, 2020
your mum's house

Introduction

Ever since Cubecraft's server software was updated to 1.19, the knockback dealt by projectiles has failed to match the melee knockback.
While I made a bug report on this, it was rejected as "not enough people were complaining about it".
In this thread I will discuss what's wrong with the kb, why it's broken, and how developers can go about fixing it.​

What's wrong:​

The following GIF shows the difference between melee knockback and projectile knockback.
cc kb proj gif.gif

As you can observe, the knockback dealt by bows and other projectiles deal a very low amount of knockback compared to melee attacks.

This is very bad for a variety of reasons:

• Inconsistent - knockback being different depending on whether you use projectiles or melee will make the PvP experience less enjoyable as there is less consistency in how knockback behaves between items. (This obviously doesn't apply to knockback resistance Armor or knockback swords, but netherite kb could be discussed some other time!)​

• Less fun - having bows and projectiles deal a good and consistent amount of knockback makes using these items more fun and enjoyable, as you can use projectile to knock people back and use it to start combos. This does take a bit of skill to master, but any decent player can strategically use projectiles to their advantage. It rewards skill and people who are knowledgable enough to use them.

• Less usability - Having an extremely low knockback for projectiles decreases the effectiveness and usability of said items, ruining their intended purposes and making them less useful.

• It's just bad. - It shouldn't be like this anyway, as before the 1.19 update, projectile knockback matched the melee knockback perfectly. This indicates an oversight made by the developers during the update process.

Why is it broken?​

There are a few theories but my main one is due to how Cubecraft bedrock operates under the hood.
If you didn't know, Cubecraft uses java server software internally, with heavy modifications to facilitate communication with bedrock edition clients.
The projectile knockback right now, matches the projectile knockback in vanilla java 1.19.
So this is most likely something that was missed during the development of the 1.19 update on Cubecraft.

How to fix:​

This should be an easy fix for Cubecraft developers. The code separating the melee knockback from projectiles already exists, otherwise we wouldn't be facing this issue.
There are 2 possible ways of going about this:

Editing configuration files:
for a server network as large as Cubecraft, I would be insanely surprised if there wasn't some form of configuration files within the server that could be edited easily. Simply find the knockback/velocity values that correspond with projectiles, and change those values to match the melee kb.

Within the code:
although a bit more complicated, changing the knockback values within the server's code would be as easy as changing a few numbers here and there to match melee kb. Make the change, verify it behaves as expected, and push out the change!

What now?

We just have to be patient and hope that the Cubecraft team considers fixing this issue.
what you people can do is discuss this issue within the thread, and make your voices heard!
feel free to give your own inputs and thoughts on the issue, and explain why this may have negatively affected your gameplay in some way.

- Furzide

SlinkyGnu05604

Forum Expert
Jan 4, 2019
www.youtube.com
I agree. Projectiles (snowball and egg) looked like they were unintendedly nerfed when 1.19 released, which defeated the purpose of them in SkyWars. Bows still are useful but the knockback is not as powerful as it should be.
While we are at it, fix the melee horizontal knockback, it doesn't match what was shown in the clip (it broke on August 10), people are taking less horizontal knockback than intended

Thjis

Mood
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Jan 26, 2021
Well made thread, it just feels weird when hitting someone with a arrow while they do not move a block haha! hope this can be changed!

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D I hope you have an awesome day today!
GiGaGekkies wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Happy Birthday
GiGaGekkies wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy Birthday
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday
people on roblox are so crazy they target me for having a “furry-like” outfit so often that i have to switch to a cowboy outfit just so i can have a normal experience 🤣🤣🙏
Top Bottom