Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I personally really dislike skywars without bows. It makes the game more calculatable, if you are good at sword fighting, your chances to win become a lot higher. I think the reason some players with ranks vote for it is that it makes the game easier for them. Why would you want the game to be easier though?
  • Not getting shot into the void is difficult. It adds to the game, you need to be aware of your surroundings and always be alert while building.
  • With bows, players that otherwise have no chance to kill you can suddenly be a threat, making the game more interesting.
  • Quickly switching between sword and bow is an integral part of minecraft combat.
  • Bowspam is not an issue anymore since we have shields now.
  • Skybasing is a bad stragegy anyways, if players only want to be annoying and prolong the game, hiding underground is more effective.
Real talk: If you are a tryhard, Normal Projectiles make the game HARDER, requiring MORE SKILL to win.

I don't care about Snowballs and Eggs, remove those if you want, but I want my bows back!
Even after buying a rank and voting for Normal Projectiles every time, winning the vote is so rare that /leaving games with No Projectiles is not a viable option. The No Projectiles voting option needs to be removed. Instead, there can be a separate section for games without bows, using the board from the No Kits and Abilities gamemode. At first there would be less players in each mode, but the game would be way more enjoyable. I would rather have less maps to choose from than this.

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/m...parate-game-instead-of-a-voting-option.201014

comfyyy

I personally really dislike skywars without bows. It makes the game more calculatable, if you are good at sword fighting, your chances to win become a lot higher. I think the reason some players with ranks vote for it is that it makes the game easier for them. Why would you want the game to be easier though?
  • Not getting shot into the void is difficult. It adds to the game, you need to be aware of your surroundings and always be alert while building.
  • With bows, players that otherwise have no chance to kill you can suddenly be a threat, making the game more interesting.
  • Quickly switching between sword and bow is an integral part of minecraft combat.
  • Skybasing is a bad stragegy anyways, if players only want to be annoying and prolong the game, hiding underground is more effective.
Real talk: If you are a tryhard, Normal Projectiles make the game HARDER, requiring MORE SKILL to win.

I don't care about Snowballs and Eggs, remove those if you want, but I want my bows back!
Even after buying a rank and voting for Normal Projectiles every time, winning the vote is so rare that /leaving games with No Projectiles is not a viable option. The No Projectiles voting option needs to be removed. Instead, there can be a separate section for games without bows, using the board from the No Kits and Abilities gamemode. At first there would be less players in each mode, but the game would be way more enjoyable. I would rather have less maps to choose from than this.

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/m...parate-game-instead-of-a-voting-option.201014
If bows are in every game, issues begin to manifest themselves with the less-experienced/non-veteran players. Players will panic if they are being beat, and start bow spamming like crazy. Sometimes, this makes it absolutely impossible to attack, especially with Soft-Blocks enabled. Maybe if there was a cooldown on every bow shot in no projectiles? That way you could still snipe, but spammers would be stopped as well.

Reactions: Iggleboz and toby-

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Voting options are bad in general
This^ No projectiles isn't a bad mode, people clearly like it a lot else they wouldn't vote for it so much. I was probably the person who got this mode implemented and I definitely understand the frustrations if you don't like the mode, but as mentioned about that's why voting options are bad in general. I tried to get it changed when I was staff, but they clearly aren't going to do that considering 90% of the income probably comes from people buying ranks who want to vote.

Reactions: CommunistCactus
N

No one

What are you talking about ? Thats the best idea ever , also dont you see that EVERYONE is voting for it , is that because they dont like it ? Maybe you are just the type of players that would prefer to camp on their island and if someone is coming , you shoot him and you win because you were camping the whole game ? No thank you.

Reactions: toby-

Elenahh

Forum Veteran
Apr 10, 2018
Sofia, Bulgaria

To be honest I really like that new change in SkyWars. I am from the people, who enjoy quick games more, and projectiles sometimes can slow down the game very much. It's a fact that most times the vote No Projectiles wins, which means it's liked by the community and it shouldn't be removed.

Reactions: toby-
D

Deleted member 352903

projectiles sometimes can slow down the game very much means it's liked by the community and it shouldn't be removed.
No
I’ve played many times with Normal Projectiles, and it’s not true
If you want evidence, watch some YouTube videos

Reactions: Elenahh
D

Deleted member 352903

What are you talking about ? Thats the best idea ever , also dont you see that EVERYONE is voting for it , is that because they dont like it ? Maybe you are just the type of players that would prefer to camp on their island and if someone is coming , you shoot him and you win because you were camping the whole game ? No thank you.
EVERYONE is not rankers and tryharders. Probably many stone rankers prefer Normal Projectiles
Also yes, we prefer Normal Projectiles. So? That doesn’t mean that we like to camp lol. And I already said: Normal Projectiles =/= campers. There are campers in No Projectiles mode too, and actually, games with Normal Projectiles aren’t long.
I guess you didn’t know that ^ because you probably never play with Normal Projectiles. Otherwise, you would know that there aren’t lots of campers in Normal Projectiles since the build limit isn’t very high

Reactions: Sweetenerera

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
I played about 5 games in a row yesterday of projectiles and every one of those games had the last person sitting in a mini-fort on their base bow spamming (just a very recent stat, I have played more than 5 over the weeks and the results are generally the same). The skill aspect you mentioned with projectiles is really just patience because you have to build so slowly due to people refusing to fight and running around spamming projectiles. And a shield doesn’t help you build a bridge since you can’t build while blocking arrows.
I don’t know how you guys are able to get games with players who actually will fight and not bowspam and increase game length for no reason, but that is by far the most likely outcome I run into of projectiles.
And this isn’t just me being mad because I lose in projectiles (which isn’t true, I win/lose in both normal and no projectiles equally enough). It is more of how I enjoy the modes. And projectiles mode is unejoyable for me since I don’t like having to get pumpled by arrows and snowballs by some island campers just so the game can end.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I played about 5 games in a row yesterday of projectiles and every one of those games had the last person sitting in a mini-fort on their base bow spamming (just a very recent stat, I have played more than 5 over the weeks and the results are generally the same). The skill aspect you mentioned with projectiles is really just patience because you have to build so slowly due to people refusing to fight and running around spamming projectiles. And a shield doesn’t help you build a bridge since you can’t build while blocking arrows.
I don’t know how you guys are able to get games with players who actually will fight and not bowspam and increase game length for no reason, but that is by far the most likely outcome I run into of projectiles.
And this isn’t just me being mad because I lose in projectiles (which isn’t true, I win/lose in both normal and no projectiles equally enough). It is more of how I enjoy the modes. And projectiles mode is unejoyable for me since I don’t like having to get pumpled by arrows and snowballs by some island campers just so the game can end.
By mini fort do you mean a skybase or just their island? Skybases are relatively rare for me. If there is only one island with bowspammers it's not much of an issue, if you build straight towards them or build a railing to your bridge you can't get shot off, it'll just take a bit longer to build. That can be annoying if they gain nothing from it, but it's not like you're unable to do anything.

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
By mini fort do you mean a skybase or just their island? Skybases are relatively rare for me. If there is only one island with bowspammers it's not much of an issue, if you build straight towards them or build a railing to your bridge you can't get shot off, it'll just take a bit longer to build. That can be annoying if they gain nothing from it, but it's not like you're unable to do anything.
Just on an island. The problem isn’t that I am unable to do anything, it is just that I don’t want to be spending an extra ~5 minutes each game to kill a few people who just want to sit on their base and bow spam.
I know there is a tactical and strategical use for bows, and I would love to play projectiles if that is how people used them. But the vast majority of people I run in to only use it to prolong the game and to be annoying. That is why I play no projectiles.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Just on an island. The problem isn’t that I am unable to do anything, it is just that I don’t want to be spending an extra ~5 minutes each game to kill a few people who just want to sit on their base and bow spam.
I know there is a tactical and strategical use for bows, and I would love to play projectiles if that is how people used them. But the vast majority of people I run in to only use it to prolong the game and to be annoying. That is why I play no projectiles.
Hmm, having those slowly progressing bow fights too often can get boring I guess. But for me, the obvious solution would be to remove the void and not to remove bows. I'd like to have a new game, that is essentially Skywars on Survival Games maps. There you could still have normal fights but no issue with bridges over the void. Completely removing an integral part of the game isn't right imo.

Edit: Also, most importantly, players should be allowed to choose what game they want to play. Maybe I'd even play No Projectiles sometimes but forcing it on all players is just wrong.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
I personally really dislike skywars without bows. It makes the game more calculatable,
How is this a bad thing? More experienced players can understand what is going on better, so?
if you are good at sword fighting, your chances to win become a lot higher.
The word you are looking for was melee...
Also why is this a bad thing? Being good at melee = winning more doesn't sound too bad tbh.
I think the reason some players with ranks vote for it is that it makes the game easier for them. Why would you want the game to be easier though?
Shockingly enough, winning is a good thing.
Not getting shot into the void is difficult. It adds to the game, you need to be aware of your surroundings and always be alert while building.
all this means is that you have to look around you for 7 years and then bridge, or if in the 7 years of looking around you see someone has a bow, you have to not bridge and sit on your island.
players that otherwise have no chance to kill you can suddenly be a threat, making the game more interesting.
Why is it a good thing if the skill cap is decreased?
Quickly switching between sword and bow is an integral part of minecraft combat.
No, it really isn't, I have friend who made it to 2200 elo on badlion build UHC without using a bow. Bow is just annoying in most PVP scenarios.
Bowspam is not an issue anymore since we have shields now.
There are more than 1 version CubeCraft supports
Skybasing is a bad stragegy anyways, if players only want to be annoying and prolong the game, hiding underground is more effective.
When was the issue skybasers?
It is harder but it doesn't take more skill to win, that's not a direct correlation.
Really? Getting rid of the only rod substitute, ;single tear;
What's so special about projectiles it needs it's own bored, also for consistency there would also need to be one for soft projectiled
Sorry, what does pinging CubeCraft have to do with if whatever version is voted.

Also the reason I don't like projectiles the most is because you wait 5 years to get into a game, you start bridging a bit to mid and then all of a sudden 7,000 snowballs come flying at you and then you get hit off. "Oh you weren't paying attention, ez bad!!! XD". Why does this make the game more fun? It promotes sitting on the starting island.

Reactions: TheBrownster

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
How is this a bad thing? More experienced players can understand what is going on better, so?
The word you are looking for was melee...
Also why is this a bad thing? Being good at melee = winning more doesn't sound too bad tbh.
Shockingly enough, winning is a good thing.
Why is it a good thing if the skill cap is decreased?
It is harder but it doesn't take more skill to win, that's not a direct correlation.
I don't want it to be easier for me to win.
all this means is that you have to look around you for 7 years and then bridge, or if in the 7 years of looking around you see someone has a bow, you have to not bridge and sit on your island.
Or bridge straight towards them or build a railing.
No, it really isn't, I have friend who made it to 2200 elo on badlion build UHC without using a bow. Bow is just annoying in most PVP scenarios.
Never played badlion build UHC, sounds easy then.
There are more than 1 version CubeCraft supports
I'm only talking about 1.12.2 remove all weapons from 1.8 if you want.
When was the issue skybasers?
Never.
Really? Getting rid of the only rod substitute, ;single tear;
I'm ok with keeping them, but I don't think they need to be in the game. Maybe we can find some other non vanilla game mechanic that's not bad enough to ruin the game.
What's so special about projectiles it needs it's own bored, also for consistency there would also need to be one for soft projectiled
No, soft projectiles can be removed completely. There's nothing special about projectiles, same as there's nothing special about swords, they are part of the game I want to play.
Sorry, what does pinging CubeCraft have to do with if whatever version is voted.
Nothing. The video shows how long it takes to get into a Normal Projectiles game and then that those games don't have to be long, even if players use the bow.
Also the reason I don't like projectiles the most is because you wait 5 years to get into a game, you start bridging a bit to mid and then all of a sudden 7,000 snowballs come flying at you and then you get hit off. "Oh you weren't paying attention, ez bad!!! XD". Why does this make the game more fun? It promotes sitting on the starting island.
How about we remove chest refills? That way staying on your island won't let you gear up as much. Also why does it take you 5 years to get into a game? I think you are doing something wrong there. Are you on a 1.12.2 client?

Edit: GOOD idea to replace chest refills: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/skywars-chest-refill-suggestion-unoriginal-chests.198681/

N

No one

EVERYONE is not rankers and tryharders. Probably many stone rankers prefer Normal Projectiles
Also yes, we prefer Normal Projectiles. So? That doesn’t mean that we like to camp lol. And I already said: Normal Projectiles =/= campers. There are campers in No Projectiles mode too, and actually, games with Normal Projectiles aren’t long.
I guess you didn’t know that ^ because you probably never play with Normal Projectiles. Otherwise, you would know that there aren’t lots of campers in Normal Projectiles since the build limit isn’t very high
I didnt meant exactly you . Im just saying that before the vote option No Projectiles was added , almost everyone in every game was camping . Also the building limit is high enough to allow a camper to get so high in the sky , that it tooks you 1 minute to get onto his base. Then you have to prepare yourself if he decides to knock you off etc... Its bad idea , but in No Projectiles ,the campers with the though that they cant get knocked off , they decide to get EVEN MORE higher in the sky . Conclusion : You cant get rid of the campers. I've changed my mind about how the gamemodes affect the way of the game....doesnt matter at all when there are many campers...

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Aratic wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
888CE285-5E28-4694-ABEA-3BABCFA6FDE4.jpeg

I’m slowly going to take over all the polarbears, jimothy is first and he is my TeamReach pfp, you won’t be able to stop me :)
UncleSpect wrote on Puov's profile.
hoi
Evaluatiefout wrote on Puov's profile.
hoi
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Cursedpug89's profile.
Long time no see lad!
Top Bottom