Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Unpopular opinion: I feel like the argument about which mode is better is rather stupid, everyone has a mode they enjoy more. The real problem is the voting system, I personally feel like there shouldn't even be one, but what some other guy suggested today (to make every vote count, not just the majority) is a nice compromise as well.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Unpopular opinion: I feel like the argument about which mode is better is rather stupid, everyone has a mode they enjoy more. The real problem is the voting system, I personally feel like there shouldn't even be one, but what some other guy suggested today (to make every vote count, not just the majority) is a nice compromise as well.
I agree, that argument is way more productive. This thread is just my opinion, that's why I posted it in the Skywars sub and not in Suggestions. I wouldn't say that every unproductive discussion is stupid though, people can can discuss their favourite pokemon and I'm nott going to judge them for it.
I don't think having every vote count is a good compromise though, if I only get to play the game I want 1/3rd of the time instead of 1/6th that's still not enough. No Projectiles has to get its own board or I won't start playing sw again (not saying you'll miss out on that but I assume others will stop playing as well). Camezonda has clearly said that he won't consider doing that, but I don't think his reason is valid, if there aren't enough players, the amount of open maps should be reduced instead of forcing players to play a game they don't want.

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/m...parate-game-instead-of-a-voting-option.201014

Reactions: iLoveYouu

toby-

Dec 13, 2016
EVERYONE is not rankers and tryharders. Probably many stone rankers prefer Normal Projectiles
Also yes, we prefer Normal Projectiles. So? That doesn’t mean that we like to camp lol. And I already said: Normal Projectiles =/= campers. There are campers in No Projectiles mode too, and actually, games with Normal Projectiles aren’t long.
I guess you didn’t know that ^ because you probably never play with Normal Projectiles. Otherwise, you would know that there aren’t lots of campers in Normal Projectiles since the build limit isn’t very high
I think it's good that people who actually paid a lot for a rank, can vote what they want, it' true that almost everyone votes no projectiles, but they vote it because they like it, why should it be removed then?

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I think it's good that people who actually paid a lot for a rank, can vote what they want, it' true that almost everyone votes no projectiles, but they vote it because they like it, why should it be removed then?
It doesn't have to be removed only because I don't like it. I just want to have an option to play with normal projectiles if I want to. I can vote for what I want, but that doesn't mean it's happening.

Miauw

Forum Expert
Jul 23, 2016
the Netherlands
I mainly vote No Projectiles when I feel like wanting to practise melee combat in SkyWars, it's not necessarily a bad option if the chests had a whole lot less amount of blocks in my opinion.

I do agree that normal projectiles should be a bit more frequent.. I barely get to play that because most people vote for No Projectiles. It's kind of unfair that we barely get to use the weapon that is literally chosen as icon for the minigame, so yeah... Something should be done to at least balance this.

Reactions: Sweetenerera

toby-

Dec 13, 2016
It doesn't have to be removed only because I don't like it. I just want to have an option to play with normal projectiles if I want to. I can vote for what I want, but that doesn't mean it's happening.
If you're in a game with 6 rankers, they all vote No Projectiles except for you, it's normal that it's not gonna be Normal Projectiles. Also, you mean that you want to make a new mode? Then we'll split up the whole skywars community even more up.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Keep dreaming
Ok that changed my mind. We really don't have enough players to support this many games anymore. I'm also often unable to play survival games and UHC. Therefor I think we should only have a single game queue in the main lobby, ereplacing all the game specific lobbhies. When enough players queued up, obsidian ranks can vote on the game (UHC, Archer Assault, Skywars, SG, Bingo), all other games will have to be removed due to a lack of players.

toby-

Dec 13, 2016
Ok that changed my mind. We really don't have enough players to support this many games anymore. I'm also often unable to play survival games and UHC. Therefor I think we should only have a single game queue in the main lobby, ereplacing all the game specific lobbhies. When enough players queued up, obsidian ranks can vote on the game (UHC, Archer Assault, Skywars, SG, Bingo), all other games will have to be removed due to a lack of players.
Again, keep dreaming, this will ruin the whole server, believe me. Everyone will just leave when they don't like the gamemode, I would leave too tbh.

Reactions: MagnificentSpam

ImAnAssassin

Dec 16, 2015
Sorry to revive an oldish thread but this has been the issue I've had. It's not skywars anymore... literally with a bow in the picture but I haven't played a regular projectiles game since I came back to the server. I feel as if they made the voting more fair, not p2w in skywars perhaps... I just love picking my favorite little bow class then having less than 5 seconds to transition to a backup class so I'm left with nothing.

ComboForger

Apr 24, 2018
Dear MagnificentSpam,

I completely understand your opinion. In my eyes, it isn't fun to play without bows. The minigame is called "SkyWars". That's in the SKY.
If you play a war in the sky in real life (and you were able to place blocks), you'd also like to have a bow. Without a bow, it is really hard to play and to win. Yes, I am diamond ranked on CubeCraft, but I don't vote for projectiles, but if I did, I won't use that to make it easier for me, and other diamond ranked players, to win. Hope you understand me!

Have a good day.
Best regards,
ComboForger

toby-

Dec 13, 2016
Dear MagnificentSpam,

I completely understand your opinion. In my eyes, it isn't fun to play without bows. The minigame is called "SkyWars". That's in the SKY.
If you play a war in the sky in real life (and you were able to place blocks), you'd also like to have a bow. Without a bow, it is really hard to play and to win. Yes, I am diamond ranked on CubeCraft, but I don't vote for projectiles, but if I did, I won't use that to make it easier for me, and other diamond ranked players, to win. Hope you understand me!

Have a good day.
Best regards,
ComboForger
Nobody is talking about real life, what the hell actually.. When you will play a real-life skywar, please invite me. And yeah it's in the sky, but you can punch people off their islands with your sword too, people will camp forever on their islands with bows to bow spam you when you try to build. My only problem with no projectiles is that players build up and you can't reach them, a solution for that is adding bows after 5 minutes, when the chests refill.

ComboForger

Apr 24, 2018
Nobody is talking about real life, what the hell actually.. When you will play a real-life skywar, please invite me. And yeah it's in the sky, but you can punch people off their islands with your sword too, people will camp forever on their islands with bows to bow spam you when you try to build. My only problem with no projectiles is that players build up and you can't reach them, a solution for that is adding bows after 5 minutes, when the chests refill.
Hi, that sounds cool, but 5 minutes is really late. Maybe 2 minutes? Or 1 and a half minute :)

Members Online

Team online

• Camezonda
    Release Manager/Team Ops 🏳️‍🌈

Latest profile posts

Mintypie231 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!! 🎂🎈
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday 🎈
yeoxuhang wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎉🎂
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.