Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

BalthierTSK_daForumSeeker

Jan 3, 2016
Somewhere Behind The Sky
www.sanger.dk
you think bows make an essential part of egg wars is because you are the campers that think they are good because they just stay on their island

Uh, What is your problem with campers?
They are annoying? True
But Just rush, and rip those campers anyway....
Just let them camp. Would be fun to make them suffer after you get all of dem beautiezzz, and besides, you have more resource at mid, so i see no problem to this

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
o.0 Someone is possessed by Memes, and Photoshop o.0
WE, THE KAWAII FACE WILL NOT GIVE UP! HERE WE GO!
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
upload_2016-4-10_12-12-33.png

Jan 3, 2016
Somewhere Behind The Sky
www.sanger.dk
i dont assume you campi say you camp because you need the bows to win

What does bow got to do with camping?
Are you....
Ok, i have enough rage *Calm down balth, Calm Down*
Oh FFS, I CAN'T
WHAT DOES BOW GOT TO DO WITH CAMPING ?!
IT IS A LONG RANGE WEAPON, AND IF YOU CAMP, YOU WON'T WIN WITH A FREAKING BOW YOU... YOU....

I can't stop
Someone send a Caps Police to my house so he can warn me everytime i use too much caps

panda_star4

Mar 15, 2016
Uh, What is your problem with campers?
They are annoying? True
But Just rush, and rip those campers anyway....
Just let them camp. Would be fun to make them suffer after you get all of dem beautiezzz, and besides, you have more resource at mid, so i see no problem to this
they have dia gen lvl 3 and 3 of them protect while the other one get dia for the team and make supplies if they die so when i get to their island they already got full iron with dia axe dude plus the protection when they die

Wouze

Apr 9, 2016
New york
Removing bows would be removing a part of the game that is needed. If you can't handle someone with a bow, then i don't know what to tell you. But removing bows just because you have problems with them isn't a viable solution.

Deestinyer

Dec 24, 2015
Dystopia/England
@BalthierTSK_daForumSeeker @BuildBuild25 Please stay on topic of the thread, and serve it's purpose only.

I guess I'll jot some of my opinions down.

First of all, bows are somewhat of an essential item in eggwars - now that the combat is much more challenging. Bows give you more opportunities in the game.

You want to remove the bows because of the campers, correct? In fact, removing bows won't stop camping at all. I agree, camping is easier with bows. However effective camping is very much still possible without them.

Not only campers use bows - remember that.

With 1.9 being implemented, cubecraft would like to offer as many of it's features as possible. Including duel wielding, giving you the ability to hold a bow as well as a weapon of choice. It's an aspect of close range combat, not only the case of long range shooting.

There's now different possible styles of combat. Duel wielding a shield with a weapon, or a bow with a weapon... or even a bow and a shield (although I have not tried this, therefore I'm not sure if it is possible).

Removing bows will limit your style of combat.

Secondly, don't blame the available weaponry for what some players may use it for. Just because a handful of campers have annoyed you with the bow, does not mean that it should be removed. It serves multiple purposes, not only to fall in the hands of a camper.

That being said, I do believe that the pricing of the bows should be increased slightly. I mean, 12 diamonds is fairly cheap. I'd recommend something around 20 diamonds, maybe higher.

Also I thought I'd include some strategies against bows. 1.9 makes it possible to block arrows, due to the shields. Get one as soon as you can.

Personally, if the game does drag and all of your generators are maxed out - I'd use glass blocks as a bridge to their island. It's less noticeable, and you still have a view on everything when you're building. That of course depends on from where you're building. Try to build towards them from a point that they'd never expect - such as from above or from below, being on level with their island will guarantee their notice.

If you're building from above, don't worry about your head. If you're building from below, I'd suggest also covering yourself up from all 4 sides in case they notice you and decide to begin shooting you.

Before the late-game rush, I'd suggest making spare armor and weapons. In case of death, you can get back to working on the bridge in almost an instant - and they won't expect you coming so soon. Back yourself up with a few god apples if you can, and although they've been nerfed, (though I believe it was reasonable) they're still good.

Believe it or not, but against a camper you are still much more likely to win. It just takes time, and strategy.

panda_star4

Mar 15, 2016
@BalthierTSK_daForumSeeker @BuildBuild25 Please stay on topic of the thread, and serve it's purpose only.

First of all, bows are somewhat of an essential item in eggwars - now that the combat is much more challenging. Bows give you more opportunities in the game.

You want to remove the bows because of the campers, correct? In fact, removing bows won't stop camping at all. I agree, camping is easier with bows. However effective camping is very much still possible without them.

With 1.9 being implemented, cubecraft would like to offer as many of it's features as possible. Including duel wielding, giving you the ability to hold a bow as well as a weapon of choice. It's an aspect of close range combat, not only the case of long range shooting.

There's now different possible styles of combat. Duel wielding a shield with a weapon, or a bow with a weapon... or even a bow and a shield (although I have not tried this, therefore I'm not sure if it is possible).

Secondly, don't blame the available weaponry for what some players may use it for. Just because a handful of campers have annoyed you with the bow, does not mean that it should be removed. It serves multiple purposes, not only to fall in the hands of a camper.

That being said, I do believe that the pricing of the bows should be increased slightly. I mean, 12 diamonds is fairly cheap. I'd recommend something around 20 diamonds, maybe higher.

Also I thought I'd include some strategies against bows. 1.9 makes it possible to block arrows, due to the shields. Get one as soon as you can.

Personally, if the game does drag and all of your generators are maxed out - I'd use glass blocks as a bridge to their island. It's less noticeable, and you still have a view on everything when you're building. That of course depends on from where you're building. Try to build towards them from a point that they'd never expect - such as from above or from below, being on level with their island will guarantee their notice.

If you're building from above, don't worry about your head. If you're building from below, I'd suggest also covering yourself up from all 4 sides in case they notice you and decide to begin shooting you.

Before the late-game rush, I'd suggest making spare armor and weapons. In case of death, you can get back to working on the bridge in almost an instant - and they won't expect you coming so soon. Back yourself up with a few god apples if you can, and although they've been nerfed, (though I believe it was reasonable) they're still good.

Believe it or not, but against a camper you are still much more likely to win. It just takes time, and strategy.
ok at last i understand people like bows but then at least add ender pearls

panda_star4

Mar 15, 2016

also the shield doesnt work when they shoot in 3 different direction you know that right? i think you should add ender pearls so that is easier for me that would be fair or at least increase the cost of the bows 12 dia for a punch bow .-. put them at 48 and power 64 for be that op

Deestinyer

Dec 24, 2015
Dystopia/England
also the shield doesnt work when they shoot in 3 different direction you know that right? i think you should add ender pearls so that is easier for me that would be fair or at least increase the cost of the bows 12 dia for a punch bow .-. put them at 48 and power 64 for be that op
Why would they shoot at you from three different directions if you're on a closed up bridge? The shield works, how it should work. If your bridge covers you from both sides then you're completely fine as you can block the shots direct to you.

panda_star4

Mar 15, 2016
This was already suggested and the majority considered it to be way too overpowered. Until a new punishment system is released, you'll just have to work your strategy up to beat those campers ;)
ok, i have also a question when does the new friend system would come?

panda_star4

Mar 15, 2016
Why would they shoot at you from three different directions if you're on a closed up bridge? The shield works, how it should work. If your bridge covers you from both sides then you're completely fine as you can block the shots direct to you.
if they go up they cant shoot you and make damage so if the have power bow they kill you from 3 shoots also if you cover with the shield they can hit you from the back and
sides

Jan 3, 2016
Somewhere Behind The Sky
www.sanger.dk

My bad for going off topic :v
And i kinda agree with all that Dee has listed.
Since, your team can basically Camp the mid, with almost always have 2 diamond gen, or even more, and they only have at max 1 level 3 dia gen, so... I really don't see why you keep arguing about campers, since, you are getting more advantage than them

ok at last i understand people like bows but then at least add ender pearls
Ender pearls should always stay at OP Mode (... Tho i always leave when someone put it on op... ), reason is, simply too op.

if they go up they cant shoot you and make damage so if the have power bow they kill you from 3 shoots also if you cover with the shield they can hit you from the back and
sides
This is the very reason why you freaking build a hallway that is really defensive :v
Like, real covered, top, left, right, covered, slowly but surely, you will reach their base

Reactions: Deestinyer
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
ToonBer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd eitje!
Eli wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!
JokeKaedee wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd met je verjaardag!! :egg: