Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do YOU agree stone axes should be nerfed?

• yay

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • nay

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • I think something other then what you suggested should be done..(write what it is in the comments)

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

dragonking3002

Mar 15, 2016
Stone axes in early game eggwars are extremely op when you compare them to every other weapon in the roaster damage wise.
Lets look at the damage

wood sword: 4 damage(not that there is any reason to buy it in the eggwars shop either but.. x3)

wood axe: 7 damage(idk if this is in the eggwars shop because I skip to stone sword usually but just for comparison)

stone sword: 5 damage. crit damage 7.5 damage

stone axe: 9 damage. crit damage.... 13.5 damage

The recovery time of a stone axe is about 1.25 seconds so 1 hit and 1 critical hit will kill you
which is 2 Hits you will get 2 shotted in just 2.5 seconds.....

The recovery time of a sword is about .600 seconds so it would take 2 crit hits and 1 normal hit to kill a unarmored player
so it would take 1.8 seconds to kill them

early game however(which is the only time it is ever viable to use stone weapons) dps doesn't matter to much because people are made of paper when they don't have armor on and the difference between stone axe and sword dps is only a woping .800 damage(leather armor doesn't make to much of a difference) so people will choose the stone axe every time because its easy to use, it deals way to much burst damage and it truely shows. Go on, go on a egg wars game and rush mid and tell me, how many of those people who had weapons used a stone axe over a stone sword?

please, admins nerf the stone axe because there is literally no reason to pick anything else other then the stone axe

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
Though this is a good idea and all, it won't make it pure 1.9 mechanics. Plus, you cannot hit critical hits with axes, I believe.

Earth

Forum Veteran
Oct 21, 2015
Nowhere
As far as I know, Every axe does 9 damage. The only difference is the cooldown of the weapon.

EDIT: Ok ok I just checked to make sure, the damage per axe IS different. (When did this happen..?)

dragonking3002

Mar 15, 2016
Though this is a good idea and all, it won't make it pure 1.9 mechanics. Plus, you cannot hit critical hits with axes, I believe.
Ik it wouldn't be pure 1.9 it would make weapon variaty a thing early game >_< + stone axes are broken because of their ridiculous early game damage + they are still op af without crits

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
This is the proper damage values for axes, something went wrong.

Wood : 7 (Correct) 0.8 Speed 5.6 DPS
Iron: 9 (Correct) 0.9 Speed 8.1 DPS
Gold: 7 (Correct) 1 Speed 7 DPS
Stone and Diamond are wrong, this happened when 1.8 mode was released but was never foxed.

D

Deleted member 112709

Never had any trouble to kill someone with an axe. It makes it easier..

zRinne

Forum Veteran
Mar 2, 2016
Cat world
www.instagram.com
It mostly depends on your preference and skills.
Swords have a faster cooldown compared to axes, so if you're someone with bad aim (or spams because why not..) then they would most likely go for swords. It can also be that the player is better with swords.
Imagine going against someone who hits the air frequently, you have better aim and want to do more hits faster so sword.

I prefer the axe though.
They can also use to sword to get use to 1.9 PvP.

AcePjoez

Apr 29, 2016
Krypton
if Axes were nerfed to maybe the power of swords nobody would choose an axe. Like said above an axe has it's +points but also -points, the same goes for swords. Also, Axes are a way of tactic. if you want to be powerfull at the beginning of a game, choose an axe. sry but this is a -1 from me

awesomebutter234

Jun 12, 2016
I suggest just make the axe cool down a tiny bit longer, right now a half charge can equal a stone sword.

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
What's weird is in 1.9 and 1.9.2 stone axes only did 8 damage, but in 1.9.4 and 1.10 they do 9. I actually do think they should go back to that 8 damage, so that we can do the same DPS with a wood sword, it's like that with other weapons.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

MrTommy wrote on Eli's profile.
So ypy finally admitting im good at something :D
Screenshot_20240425_224822_Samsung Internet.jpg
Reesle wrote on The NightGhost02's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
ToonBer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd eitje!
Top Bottom