Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Vrachtschip

May 3, 2020
The Netherlands
My opinion about the helper application process.
Disclaimer: I dont want to criticize the staff members personally and wont share their names here. If the staff team wants more explaination, they can private message me. All my arguments are based on Bedrock, because this is my main platform.

Yesterday I saw this thread about the new recruitment update.
My first impressions were good, because Cubecraft keeps improving the Staff team.
In my opinion, they can improve a lot of things about the application process.
Thats the reason I wanted to make this thread.

The different stages
As a lot of people will know, there are different stages during the process.
In this "paragraph" I will give my feedback on those stages.
1615635653685.png
First of all, the "New" stage, there is nothing wrong with it.
Its really understandable it takes 2-3 days to process.

But if you pass this stage, you will reach the "Considering" stage.
This means you have met the minimum requirements.
In this stage they will be closely evaluating and discussing you as an applicant.
You dont know how long this will take, but you need to be patience.
After this stage, the status of your application can turn into "Interview" or "Unsuccesful".

I have not reached any stage after this, so cant give my opinion about the next stages.

My applications
I have tried becoming helper four times now.

The first time was 3 May 2020, this was unsuccesful.
I cant complain about this one, because I was toxic towards the community and wasnt active on the forum/Discord.
The reapply: June 5. (Remember this; one month)

June 5: the next try.
This try was unsuccesful as well, with the reason inactivity on the forums.
So I decided to be more active on the forums.
The reapply: July 5. (One month)

July 5: the third reapply.
Like you all can expect now, this one was unsuccesful as well.
They were a bit worried about my behaviour towards other players, observed inappropriate and unacceptable messages and noticed a lack of activity around the network.
This was the period I worked nearly 40 hours a week, so I played less.
But even when I played less, they noticed more bad behaviour?
I had no idea what inappropriate things they were talking about and wanted to know it so I could improve myself.
The staffmembers couldnt give any information, but only a few examples would have helped me.
This was really disappointing.
Reapply was allowed August 5. (One month)

February 10: the fourth try.
After a long time of improving myself, I submitted my fourth application.
I improved my activity on the forums and Discord, and wanted to be friendly on the server.
The last thing succeeded the most: people started recognizing me on Eggwars Mega (Bedrock), I have started conversations and became part of the community on Bedrock YouTube channels.
All of this helped: I reached the "Considering" stage.

In the period between the 10th of February and yesterday the staff team didnt communicate anything towards me.
So I kept on playing and helping on the forum/Discord server.
I know quality goes above quantity, but I got 27 succesful reports and started chatting with people even more.

All of this would have been enough to pass the considering stage I thought, but suddenly it was "Unsuccesful".
The reasons for it:
We were a bit worried about some recent behavior we have seen. You were recently given a few warnings on different platforms, and we also saw some inappropriate language on the network.
So when I saw this I was really dissapointed and asked the staff member for more info about this.
The warnings were necroposting on the 22th of December and chatting in #Staff-help on the Discord server February 22.
But the chatting in #Staff-help was a mistake and I wanted to help someone.
I know its an important rule on the Discord server, but this mistake wont happen again.

The necroposting warning from December wont be relevant since the application was accepted in February?
This will mean you cant become staffmember after receiving a warning once. And we are talking about a warning, not even a punishment!
Again there was the inappropriate language reason without even knowing what I said wrong,
Maybe it was the same as all times before? Without any feedback I cant improve it I guess?

This is my biggest complainment about the whole process.
After the "Considering" stage they need to give some specific feedback so people know more about the things they did wrong.
Without giving feedback the whole waiting is wasted time for the applicant and staff team.

The next weird thing is the date for reapply, this is May 21 now.
In the application process thread they say the default time is one month to reapply, so why is it 100 days now?
This seems really long compared to my previous mistakes on the other unsuccesful applications.
1615638858784.png

How can it be improved?
The first thing they need to improve is adding a time for the "Considering" stage.
Now the applicant needs to wait very long without hearing anything from the staff members.
My suggestion is making the proces 28-30 days, and give any feedback after 14 days.
If they do this, the applicant can improve it for the last 14 days.

The second improvement could be giving more specific feedback after an unsuccesful application.
Only saying "inappropriate language" isnt enough if someone got this three times before.
Adding more examples would lead to less unsuccesful applications and better improvement.

My last suggestion would be only using recent warnings after the considering stage started.
Otherwise people will never become staff member after receiving a warning.
If it was a punishment for really bad behaviour it would be relevant, but warnings arent in my opinion.

What now?
I hope the application process will be more detailed on the forums and they keep accepting more staffmembers.
Now it seems like Im answering more forum threads then all staff members combined. (I know this statement is a little bit extreme, but I want to make a point).
On top of that, the Bedrock server needs way more helpers because the amount of helpers isnt growing the same as the Minecraft server is growing.
The last thing I want is more information about the 100 days reapply time, because the requirements for helper are playing on the Bedrock server for two months. This means my friend can start playing and apply for helper before I can? Kinda weird, isnt it?

Kind regards,
Vrachtschip // Jeffrey

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
How can it be improved?
The first thing they need to improve is adding a time for the "Considering" stage.
Now the applicant needs to wait very long without hearing anything from the staff members.
My suggestion is making the proces 28-30 days, and give any feedback after 14 days.
This is not possible. They are a team of voluntary people, they don't work with strict times. You just have to be patient and there is nothing wrong with that.
The second improvement could be giving more specific feedback after an unsuccesful application.
Only saying "inappropriate language" isnt enough if someone got this three times before.
Adding more examples would lead to less unsuccesful applications and better improvement.
In my opinion the feedback is very specific already. You should be glad that they even give you feedback; with the old google drive system you didn't even hear if you got denied. The feedback is perfectly fine now in my opinion, if you don't know if you're too toxic or not, that means you're maybe a little toxic. You should not be toxic at all if you want to become a helper. If you get denied for this several times it should be a point to focus on for you. Try to never be toxic in any situation and always be friendly towards others. Adding examples to the feedback would be a bad idea, you need to find out for yourself what you're doing wrong.
My last suggestion would be only using recent warnings after the considering stage started.
If it was a punishment for really bad behaviour it would be relevant, but warnings arent in my opinion.
Warnings are punishments as well. It means you broke a rule, whichever rule it was. As a helper you should be aware of all rules and not break them. Not talking in staff-help is the most well known rule on discord, so if you broke that rule very recently it's not strange to me that it affected your helper application.

Ferrcho

Jun 24, 2019
Spain
I agree with you on some things, but not on others, and that is why I am going to give my explanation of it.

You supposedly say that if you have a warning, you won't be taken as a staff member (from your experience). I would like to tell you that just because you have warnings, you don't just get denied. It is because your language is inappropriate, and if you are in the "Considering" phase you should not be toxic to anyone, nor receive any warning. If you do, your application will be rejected directly.

Also CubeCraft wants people who believe they will be respectful and helpful to everyone. But if you are "toxic" in any of those ways, then they won't accept your Helper application.

I hope I have helped you with this.

Vrachtschip

May 3, 2020
The Netherlands
Not talking in staff-help is the most well known rule on discord, so if you broke that rule very recently it's not strange to me that it affected your helper application.
I wasnt very active on the Discord server, so I wanted to improve it.
But this was a big mistake and it wont happen again ;)

About the feedback:
What will they count as inappropiate? I read the rules and dont know what I said wrong? If they cant say what it was, its very likely I will make the same mistake again?

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
About the feedback:
What will they count as inappropiate? I read the rules and dont know what I said wrong? If they cant say what it was, its very likely I will make the same mistake again?
Saying things like 'easy' after a fight, or 'wtf' and 'shut up' are not punishable by the rules, but still considered as toxicity. If you are applying for helper you should not say things like this.

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
Maastricht, the Netherlands
youtu.be
In the period between the 10th of February and yesterday the staff team didnt communicate anything towards me.
So I kept on playing and helping on the forum/Discord server.
I know quality goes above quantity, but I got 27 succesful reports and started chatting with people even more.
one of the ideas behind the considering stage is to make sure you stay consistent regarding activity etc, and make sure you're not like ''whoooop im considering time to do absolutely nothing!''. no, we want you to stay consistent and this stage is a perfect time to do this.

The next weird thing is the date for reapply, this is May 21 now.
In the application process thread they say the default time is one month to reapply, so why is it 100 days now?
This seems really long compared to my previous mistakes on the other unsuccesful applications.
if we give you a timeout of a month, there is basically no chance in you getting accepted after those 30 days. 30 days is the normal timeout, but reaching the considering level is not a normal siuation.

14 days to improve something is simply not enough. if we noticed some concerning things, you are not able to fit these within 14 days.

as a helper, we expect you to be familiar with our rules. if you dont know what you typed is inappropriate, then you're not ready for helper.

why? old warnings still are relevant and show your behavior/the fact you're not too familiar with our rules.

CeleryAskin

Novice Member
Oct 3, 2020
United States
www.youtube.com
Saying things like 'easy' after a fight, or 'wtf' and 'shut up' are not punishable by the rules, but still considered as toxicity. If you are applying for helper you should not say things like this.
Wait really? This would actually explain a lot for me. My helper application was denied for the same reason as Vrachtschip's - for "inappropriate and unacceptable behavior". I thought long about this and I really couldn't remember a time I was ever either of these things. However, I probably have said "wtf" a fair amount of times, and maybe "ez" or "trash" when I'm just joking around playing with my friends. I never would've considered these things bad.

That's something else I wanna bring up - a moderator looking at my messages wouldn't know if I was talking to friends or a random person. I'd never say stuff like this to someone I don't know, however, when just me and my friends are playing it's common for us to be sarcastic with each other.
I 100% agree with this. If I honestly don't know what I've said after thinking about it, it'd be very helpful for them to give specific evidence so I could know what they considered inappropriate.

Vrachtschip

May 3, 2020
The Netherlands
why? old warnings still are relevant and show your behavior/the fact you're not too familiar with our rules.
But you cant reject somebody and use the warning from a previous period as reason. I think it shouldnt work like that.
if you dont know what you typed is inappropriate, then you're not ready for helper.
Saying "you're not ready for helper" isnt suitable in this case.
Helper is the first stage of becoming moderator.
Nobody can be perfect in the first stage, so giving more feedback on it would help inproving.
Everybody can say different meanings of the word inappropriate, so I can learn from it if I know more about it.
''whoooop im considering time to do absolutely nothing!''
I never stated this. My point is I didnt hear anything about it and suddenly got rejected. This isnt right in my opinion.

if we give you a timeout of a month, there is basically no chance in you getting accepted after those 30 days. 30 days is the normal timeout, but reaching the considering level is not a normal siuation.
But if I got rejected the previous times for the same reasons, why would it be different now?
This is something you can change on the application process to make it clear.

I made this thread to help improving the server.
Now I feel like saying something bad about the server will decrease the chance of becoming helper.
Everybody supports the staff, and that isnt how feedback should work.
Misschien hoor je gwn geen helper te zijn man bro, ik vind het systeem zo wel prima.
This is a great example of it.

Vrachtschip

May 3, 2020
The Netherlands
Well no, everyone supports their own idea and the most common idea is the one staff share. This is how feedback should work, if someone gives feedback that doesn't mean everyone has to agree .-.
Well most of the people agree with everything here without giving their own opinion. This became something normal on the forums and Discord server. People act like this is necessary to become helper.

Reactions: xHappyMood

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
How can it be improved?

Probably the main reason why you're only given a message that says "inappropriate language" as a denial is to save time. Going through all the applications takes time, so it's a lot easier to give a broader sort of standardized feedback-esque message. But like, if you really want more detailed feedback, I'd probably message the one who denied you or Cynamooo. I'm sure they'll be more than happy to help you out with that.

Vrachtschip

May 3, 2020
The Netherlands
Probably the main reason why you're only given a message that says "inappropriate language" as a denial is to save time. Going through all the applications takes time, so it's a lot easier to give a broader sort of standardized feedback-esque message. But like, if you really want more detailed feedback, I'd probably message the one who denied you or Cynamooo. I'm sure they'll be more than happy to help you out with that.
Well they didnt gave any more information when I did last time.
But thanks for the tip😄

Vrachtschip

May 3, 2020
The Netherlands
Hoe support ik de staff jonge is gwn een domme thread. Stop gwn met zeiken over een goed systeem dat niet goed volgens jou is omdat jij gedenied wordt jankerd.
Tja hoe zal ik hier toch eens op reageren?
Na het lezen van deze thread dacht ik dat jij een perm dan voor de kiezen had?
In mijn ogen heeft deze thread min of meer dezelfde boodschap? Namelijk dat er iets niet klopt.
Het lijkt erop dat jij het hier wel mee eens was, zou jij dan kunnen uitleggen waarom?
Iemand jankerd noemen zou ook niet horen he.
Iedereen zijn mening, dus als je mij jankerd wil noemen moet je dat vooral blijven doen.
Heb je ook nog argumenten tegen mij of houden we het hierbij? Fijn!

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
Iemand jankerd noemen zou ook niet horen he.
Wel want je bent ook een jankerd beetje zeiken om een goed systeem omdat het jou benadeeld omdat jij zelf niet goed genoeg kan nadenken hoe een staff zich zou moeten gedragen moet je geen staff worden. Misschien ook minder onzin vertellen over hoe ik zogenaamd staff zou supporten omdat ik zeg dat jij geen helper moet worden en dat het systeem prima is wat het ook is. Alleen maar een zeik threadje maken wat nergens op slaat omdat jij wordt gedenied.

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
Maastricht, the Netherlands
youtu.be
But you cant reject somebody and use the warning from a previous period as reason. I think it shouldnt work like that.
why not? despite being old, it still shows your behavior. being old does not mean its irrelevant.

Saying "you're not ready for helper" isnt suitable in this case.
Helper is the first stage of becoming moderator.
Nobody can be perfect in the first stage, so giving more feedback on it would help inproving.
Everybody can say different meanings of the word inappropriate, so I can learn from it if I know more about it.
even mods and sr mods are not perfect, im not saying that. what i said is that what you said really is not appropriate at all.

But if I got rejected the previous times for the same reasons, why would it be different now?
This is something you can change on the application process to make it clear.
because you got to considering this time. we look more into considering apps than other apps who dont reach the considering stage.

Vrachtschip

May 3, 2020
The Netherlands
why not? despite being old, it still shows your behavior. being old does not mean its irrelevant.
Its relevant for reaching the considering stage, but you cant use it as reason after it. If you keep using it after, its impossible to become helper after getting warned once.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

woohoo!! 120.80 released and whenever i go into cubecraft my signature skin turns into a steve or alex but in worlds its there!!! thanks mojang now i cant have my skin while playing cubecraft
Xi1m wrote on katnip's profile.
i absolutely love that profile picture
Eli
Where's the second member? 🤔

1713925281107.png
someone make a rivals of aether mod with fhg characters

it's the closest we can get to an official game
Top Bottom