Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
February 10: the fourth try.
After a long time of improving myself, I submitted my fourth application.
I improved my activity on the forums and Discord, and wanted to be friendly on the server.
The last thing succeeded the most: people started recognizing me on Eggwars Mega (Bedrock), I have started conversations and became part of the community on Bedrock YouTube channels.
All of this helped: I reached the "Considering" stage.

In the period between the 10th of February and yesterday the staff team didnt communicate anything towards me.
So I kept on playing and helping on the forum/Discord server.
I know quality goes above quantity, but I got 27 succesful reports and started chatting with people even more.

All of this would have been enough to pass the considering stage I thought, but suddenly it was "Unsuccesful".
It’s great that you’ve been trying to improve yourself and I’m sure the staff team also acknowledges that. Though, it might be best to self-evaluate before coming up with solutions rather than after doing so. As mentioned in a certain previous message, breaking rules isn’t the only thing that counts as inappropriate behaviour. Words and abbreviations such as “wtf” or “ez” and other words along those lines used in specific ways, - mainly toxic - like mentioned before, can also be viewed as “inappropriate behaviour” from another’s perspective.

You should see reaching the next stage as an accomplishment, or even a breakthrough either way, because it means you can become a staff member if you really want it as you’ve shown that you’ve improved already.

It is rather easy to get away with a low amount of reports now compared to how it used to be. However, even though I am not very familiar with Bedrock, I know for a fact that during the helper trial, 27 reports isn’t going to cut it for Java nor Bedrock. That doesn’t mean you can’t do it though, you do have great potential, perhaps a little self-evaluation could come in handy though.

Passing the New nor Considering stage should be considered “easy”, as there are tons of other applicants out there who hardly meet the requirements or seem like a good role-model or staff member from a quick first glance. You were able to get to Considering stage even after a couple times of getting denied right after the New stage.

So when I saw this I was really dissapointed and asked the staff member for more info about this.
The warnings were necroposting on the 22th of December and chatting in #Staff-help on the Discord server February 22.
But the chatting in #Staff-help was a mistake and I wanted to help someone.
I know its an important rule on the Discord server, but this mistake wont happen again.

The necroposting warning from December wont be relevant since the application was accepted in February?
This will mean you cant become staffmember after receiving a warning once. And we are talking about a warning, not even a punishment!
Again there was the inappropriate language reason without even knowing what I said wrong,
Maybe it was the same as all times before? Without any feedback I cant improve it I guess?
Even though the necroposting warning was applied about three months ago, it is still considered recent and warnings are also considered punishments.

It may seem a bit “extreme”, but if somebody has shown bad behaviour quite recently, the chances of them making the same mistake again is quite high. I’m pretty sure the staff team wouldn’t want to accept somebody who recently broke a rule as soon. You can kind of compare it to the following:

- There’s a robber going around robbing convenience stores. Their identity is revealed and they are found somewhere within the city and are convicted for store robbery. When their “punishment expires”, it’s highly unlikely a convenience store or any store will allow them to apply for a job there for a long time.

Aside from this, there’s also the warning for talking in staff-help. This one is very common, but is likely the most well-known rule as well. If you break these rules just as easy as that, it shows you are not capable of following the rules flawlessly yet. Keanu already explained this though. Like him, I’ve also been banned a number of times and still got into the team as well a while ago. Your punishment tracks don’t matter as long as they’re not recent and you’ve shown that you learnt from your mistakes.

The next weird thing is the date for reapply, this is May 21 now.
In the application process thread they say the default time is one month to reapply, so why is it 100 days now?
This seems really long compared to my previous mistakes on the other unsuccesful applications.
From what I’ve heard, the more often you apply and they get denied, the longer you’re going to have to wait between the applications. This is to ensure that you’re able to improve yourself and give yourself some time for self-reflection before reapplying again as soon as possible.

How can it be improved?
The first thing they need to improve is adding a time for the "Considering" stage.
Now the applicant needs to wait very long without hearing anything from the staff members.
My suggestion is making the proces 28-30 days, and give any feedback after 14 days.
If they do this, the applicant can improve it for the last 14 days.
To be completely honest, the waiting time is very frustrating and I speak from experience when I say that I know that. However, you have to keep in mind that you’re voluntarily applying for the role. It’s not a job.

Previously, there were applicants who had to wait for two weeks, but some even had to wait for months. The staff team only has so many senior team members working on checking these applications and handling them and keep in mind that there are countless of other applicants too. You shouldn’t expect a partially voluntary team to check applications every minute of the day. It takes a while because they are also just people who have lives outside of Minecraft or CubeCraft. Also, with countless of other applicants, it can be quite difficult to provide everyone with a structured and detailed explanation of where somebody went wrong. If you really wish to know, just privately message Cynamooo or the staff member who denied your application.

My last suggestion would be only using recent warnings after the considering stage started.
Otherwise people will never become staff member after receiving a warning.
If it was a punishment for really bad behaviour it would be relevant, but warnings arent in my opinion.
Like some others - and myself in this message - mentioned before, warnings are as relevant as bans or mutes. They are punishments, just the first one on the track. That doesn’t mean they’re irrelevant. If you really don’t know what you did wrong, try and self-reflect. I personally think that keeping track of recent warnings too is important when looking for suited applicants. However, I’m certain your feedback is well appreciated either way.

On top of that, the Bedrock server needs way more helpers because the amount of helpers isnt growing the same as the Minecraft server is growing.
The last thing I want is more information about the 100 days reapply time, because the requirements for helper are playing on the Bedrock server for two months. This means my friend can start playing and apply for helper before I can? Kinda weird, isnt it?
If I’m not mistaken, this was already addressed before, but I’ll summarize it for you again. As a recruitment team, you can’t just flick your fingers and, poof, you have a well assembled team of Bedrock staff members. It’s really difficult to find suited Bedrock staff members compared to Java. If there aren’t any good applicants available at the time, you can’t just start accepting random people just because you “need Bedrock staff members”. There’s much more to the recruitment program than you’d originally think there is to it by taking a quick look at it from outside of the team.

Vrachtschip

May 3, 2020
The Netherlands
It’s great that you’ve been trying to improve yourself and I’m sure the staff team also acknowledges that. Though, it might be best to self-evaluate before coming up with solutions rather than after doing so. As mentioned in a certain previous message, breaking rules isn’t the only thing that counts as inappropriate behaviour. Words and abbreviations such as “wtf” or “ez” and other words along those lines used in specific ways, - mainly toxic - like mentioned before, can also be viewed as “inappropriate behaviour” from another’s perspective.

You should see reaching the next stage as an accomplishment, or even a breakthrough either way, because it means you can become a staff member if you really want it as you’ve shown that you’ve improved already.

It is rather easy to get away with a low amount of reports now compared to how it used to be. However, even though I am not very familiar with Bedrock, I know for a fact that during the helper trial, 27 reports isn’t going to cut it for Java nor Bedrock. That doesn’t mean you can’t do it though, you do have great potential, perhaps a little self-evaluation could come in handy though.

Passing the New nor Considering stage should be considered “easy”, as there are tons of other applicants out there who hardly meet the requirements or seem like a good role-model or staff member from a quick first glance. You were able to get to Considering stage even after a couple times of getting denied right after the New stage.

Even though the necroposting warning was applied about three months ago, it is still considered recent and warnings are also considered punishments.

It may seem a bit “extreme”, but if somebody has shown bad behaviour quite recently, the chances of them making the same mistake again is quite high. I’m pretty sure the staff team wouldn’t want to accept somebody who recently broke a rule as soon. You can kind of compare it to the following:

- There’s a robber going around robbing convenience stores. Their identity is revealed and they are found somewhere within the city and are convicted for store robbery. When their “punishment expires”, it’s highly unlikely a convenience store or any store will allow them to apply for a job there for a long time.

Aside from this, there’s also the warning for talking in staff-help. This one is very common, but is likely the most well-known rule as well. If you break these rules just as easy as that, it shows you are not capable of following the rules flawlessly yet. Keanu already explained this though. Like him, I’ve also been banned a number of times and still got into the team as well a while ago. Your punishment tracks don’t matter as long as they’re not recent and you’ve shown that you learnt from your mistakes.

From what I’ve heard, the more often you apply and they get denied, the longer you’re going to have to wait between the applications. This is to ensure that you’re able to improve yourself and give yourself some time for self-reflection before reapplying again as soon as possible.

To be completely honest, the waiting time is very frustrating and I speak from experience when I say that I know that. However, you have to keep in mind that you’re voluntarily applying for the role. It’s not a job.

Previously, there were applicants who had to wait for two weeks, but some even had to wait for months. The staff team only has so many senior team members working on checking these applications and handling them and keep in mind that there are countless of other applicants too. You shouldn’t expect a partially voluntary team to check applications every minute of the day. It takes a while because they are also just people who have lives outside of Minecraft or CubeCraft. Also, with countless of other applicants, it can be quite difficult to provide everyone with a structured and detailed explanation of where somebody went wrong. If you really wish to know, just privately message Cynamooo or the staff member who denied your application.

Like some others - and myself in this message - mentioned before, warnings are as relevant as bans or mutes. They are punishments, just the first one on the track. That doesn’t mean they’re irrelevant. If you really don’t know what you did wrong, try and self-reflect. I personally think that keeping track of recent warnings too is important when looking for suited applicants. However, I’m certain your feedback is well appreciated either way.

If I’m not mistaken, this was already addressed before, but I’ll summarize it for you again. As a recruitment team, you can’t just flick your fingers and, poof, you have a well assembled team of Bedrock staff members. It’s really difficult to find suited Bedrock staff members compared to Java. If there aren’t any good applicants available at the time, you can’t just start accepting random people just because you “need Bedrock staff members”. There’s much more to the recruitment program than you’d originally think there is to it by taking a quick look at it from outside of the team.
First of all: wow, thanks for this reaction.
I have read your message and agree with a lot of it.
Maybe I made this thread too early and wasnt I “neutral” enough because my application was rejected yesterday.
But im happy I made it, because I got more information about it now.

There is no reason for quoting and reacting to all of your points, because I can understand them and got nothing against it.
The only thing I can want to share is about I already contacted Cynamooo and will wait for his answer.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond on my thread this detailed 😄

Kind regards,
Vrachtschip // Jeffrey

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
Maastricht, the Netherlands
youtu.be
Just going to rectify this, the amount of applications you make doesn’t really affect the waiting time (except if you apply before the given date ofcourse).
With New applications that instantly are denied, we use a preset timeout time. This is because these applications are denied in the background check, I’ll come back to this later.
Apps which get to the considered stage are discussed within the recruitment team. Generally, these applications show more potential and if these get denied, we have some (more) detailed feedback. Since we have more detailed feedback, it’s easier for us to determine an appropriate timeout date ~ a given time where you actually can improve yourself.

As instantly denied applications are not being discussed within the recruitment team, we don’t have that accurate feedback and are not able to provide the most appropriate reapply date. (It also isn’t really an option to discuss all these apps within the team ~ we get too many apps every day). (how did i go from saying amount of apps dont really change reapply date to explaining too much about timeouts lol)

I can’t agree more with what Hoshi said, amazing job

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy bday 🎉
Basketman wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂
Frontlane wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday 🥳
dvodany wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy b-day! 🍰