Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should there be a rule against mini-modding

• Total voters

Pineapple

Forum Expert
Apr 27, 2020
the Pizza Parlor
I think answering #staff-help questions in #english has to stop. It’s gotten to the point where people are stalking the channel, trying to answer as fast as they can. They have either answered 30 seconds after the question was asked, answered while a staff member was already helping them, or even answered AFTER a staff member had finished helping the user. It’s caused people to start arguing in #english and most people are tired of it. We have plenty of staff and the team keeps growing so people answering in #english is becoming useless and just an annoyance to people chatting. Thanks for reading and I hope this becomes enforced.

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands
I think answering #staff-help questions in #english has to stop. It’s gotten to the point where people are stalking the channel, trying to answer as fast as they can. They have either answered 30 seconds after the question was asked, answered while a staff member was already helping them, or even answered AFTER a staff member had finished helping the user. It’s caused people to start arguing in #english and most people are tired of it. We have plenty of staff and the team keeps growing so people answering in #english is becoming useless and just an annoyance to people chatting. Thanks for reading and I hope this becomes enforced.

I understand that mini-modding could be annoying but It doesn't bother me that much. You can't just forbid people to help others with their questions, even though they were not supposed to be answered by a member it still might come in handy sometimes.

There might become such a rule as :

"Give a staff member 5 minutes to respond, if he/she did not respond within 5 minutes you're allowed to help them"

Or

"Please, do not answer questions from staff-help when a staff member is actively helping them."

This might reduce mini-modding but in my opinion it shouldn't get punishable as some people mean it to help others. For example : take KitsuneToru, she is not mini-modding but she knows pretty much about the game and even about cubecraft. You should only really believe experienced members. Some things shouldn't be so annoying though, like people who are telling : "please record and report here" since that question got asked a lot and a lot of players know the answer, or directing someone who's needing help to the staff-help channel or telling someone it's not allowed to post that kind of stuff (inappropriate videos/media or swearing) in the discord channels.

I voted no.

Last edited:

ElementThink

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
The Netherlands
I disagree with you, sorry

Can you give a reason why you disagree?

I understand that mini-modding could be annoying but you can't just forbid people to help others with their questions, even though they were not supposed to be answered by a member it still might come in handy sometimes.

People can always ask the same thing in other channels. So the person can decide to actually ask it to the community or staff.

Its a good idea in my oppinion. I like to get answered by a person who is (trustworthy) so i know to get a answer that is correct. So a +1 from me.

Texbirds

Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2020
Bird
completely agree, i think people that arent staff shouldnt be allowed to reply to #staff-help questions.

When you ask a question in #staff-help you expect to get a reply from someone that is trustworthy and trained to do what they're doing. It's so frustrating when some rando answers your question because everytime you gotta be like 'alright thanks but im gonna wait for staff to respond'. There's no reason to trust randos. If they don't have a staff rank they arent staff and they shouldnt be trusted with answering questions meant for staff.

Also the thing is, when you ask a question and it gets answered by staff you know you can trust their answer. If this staff member ended up actually being wrong causing trouble for you or others you can go to an admin or srmod to complain. You can't do that with people that aren't staff because they're completely independent.

Heavily against backseat modding. I think it should end as soon as possible.

Goefy

Forum Expert
Dec 10, 2019
Å
I agree with you but I don’t really have a problem with people helping in #english. My problem is the amount of wrong information that people give there. I’ve seen someone asking something in #staff-help if something is reportable. Someone in #english answered yes but a mod said no. That’s kinda annoying sometimes.

Reactions: Pineapple

S4nne

Sr. Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jun 19, 2017
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
I have to disagree for now, sorry.
I do understand why you made this suggestion as I know that it can be annoying if people keep answering questions while others try to have a normal conversation in the same channel. Though these people are just trying to help and I don't really see a reason why we should disallow players from helping each other. And if someone really wants a reply from an official staff member to be sure it's the right answer, they can ignore the help from the other player and just wait until a staff member replies.
Second, we currently can't fully cover the staff-help channel 24/7. It might happen sometimes that people have to wait longer for a reply if it's late at night/very early in the morning in Europe (for example), because the server is less active at these times. If a player knows the answer while there's no staff active at that moment, it could be really helpful.
Since we have quite a lot of helpers now and we are still trying to expand our team, it might be a good idea to think about this again in the future, when we have enough active staff members, but for now, it's a no from me, I don't think it's a good idea to add a rule against mini-modding.

Meiske

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2017
The Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
I understand that mini-modding could be annoying but It doesn't bother me that much. You can't just forbid people to help others with their questions, even though they were not supposed to be answered by a member it still might come in handy sometimes.

There might become such a rule as :

"Give a staff member 5 minutes to respond, if he/she did not respond within 5 minutes you're allowed to help them"

Or

"Please, do not answer questions from staff-help when a staff member is actively helping them."

This might reduce mini-modding but in my opinion it shouldn't get punishable as some people mean it to help others. For example : take KitsuneToru, she is not mini-modding but she knows pretty much about the game and even about cubecraft. You should only really believe experienced members. Some things shouldn't be so annoying though, like people who are telling : "please record and report here" since that question got asked a lot and a lot of players know the answer, or directing someone who's needing help to the staff-help channel or telling someone it's not allowed to post that kind of stuff (inappropriate videos/media or swearing) in the discord channels.

I voted no.

It's either allowed or not, I don't feel there should be 'exceptions' - if it's already not allowed in staff-help, it shouldn't be allowed anywhere else, period.

These are questions that are meant for staff to answer, it's literally called 'staff-help' for a reason. So you're telling me that this is still allowed .. because? Because members may want to help someone? If they really want to help someone they can do so in a private message, without annoying others in chat. On top of this they can even answer the question wrong, wouldn't you rather have someone that is more knowledgeable on the topic answer the question?

There's no reason to concern yourself with something that has absolutely nothing to do with you.

My point is, staff will answer the question, they will get to it. Things take time and people just have to be patient. There is no reason for someone without the staff role to do so. It just causes annoyance, not just for the members of the Discord server but even for staff.

Also, just so you know, as this can just be very tiresome for Molly to have to explain every time, their pronouns are 'they/them' not 'her'.

If it isn't clear enough to you yet, I voted yes.

Last edited:

Felinesheep1982

May 5, 2020
I voted no because i see people ask very simple questions like "how to report" and other questions that should not require a staff.

Pineapple

Forum Expert
Apr 27, 2020
the Pizza Parlor
I do understand why you made this suggestion as I know that it can be annoying if people keep answering questions while others try to have a normal conversation in the same channel. Though these people are just trying to help and I don't really see a reason why we should disallow players from helping each other. And if someone really wants a reply from an official staff member to be sure it's the right answer, they can ignore the help from the other player and just wait until a staff member replies.
Second, we currently can't fully cover the staff-help channel 24/7. It might happen sometimes that people have to wait longer for a reply if it's late at night/very early in the morning in Europe (for example), because the server is less active at these times. If a player knows the answer while there's no staff active at that moment, it could be really helpful.
Since we have quite a lot of helpers now and we are still trying to expand our team, it might be a good idea to think about this again in the future, when we have enough active staff members, but for now, it's a no from me, I don't think it's a good idea to add a rule against mini-modding.
Hi Sanne thanks for the response! I agree that the staff can’t always look at the channel, but the staff team is growing huge, people doing this will grow to be more useless as the team grows and more of an annoyance. I haven’t seen a time where a staff member hasn’t helped someone in there within 20 minutes since the recent helper wave. There is an issue of time zones but that really isn’t an issue either, Calichin is US west and Wink is in Hong Kong (I think) meaning they can check over at it every once in awhile. There is also the staff with more “broken” sleep schedules so to say. What I’m saying is there is always gonna be staff available especially when the staff team grows larger. It will continue to become more useless as time goes on.

Reactions: Meiske

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
You are actively encouraging the spread of false information on the server then. Look at it this way, normal members are not at all experiences in dealing with niche things ~ is avoiding in a particular manner teaming?, is the usage of this client allowed, in such cases, ordinary members (let’s assume they’re doing it out of goodwill and not for the link tag) will probably provide some useless/harmful info.

Second, many want the pink tag. That’s why they buzz around english like some hungry vultures who haven’t had a meal in days. They ruin the discord community by essentially being human robots.

S4nne

Sr. Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jun 19, 2017
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
Hi Sanne thanks for the response! I agree that the staff can’t always look at the channel, but the staff team is growing huge, people doing this will grow to be more useless as the team grows and more of an annoyance. I haven’t seen a time where a staff member hasn’t helped someone in there within 20 minutes since the recent helper wave. There is an issue of time zones but that really isn’t an issue either, Calichin is US west and Wink is in Hong Kong (I think) meaning they can check over at it every once in awhile. There is also the staff with more “broken” sleep schedules so to say. What I’m saying is there is always gonna be staff available especially when the staff team grows larger. It will continue to become more useless as time goes on.
Yes, that's totally true! And that's why I said that we might consider this in the future, when the current helpers become moderators and when the team has grown big enough to ensure the players that they can get help as soon as possible.

You are actively encouraging the spread of false information on the server then. Look at it this way, normal members are not at all experiences in dealing with niche things ~ is avoiding in a particular manner teaming?, is the usage of this client allowed, in such cases, ordinary members (let’s assume they’re doing it out of goodwill and not for the link tag) will probably provide some useless/harmful info.

Second, many want the pink tag. That’s why they buzz around english like some hungry vultures who haven’t had a meal in days. They ruin the discord community by essentially being human robots.
I see where you're coming from, but there are also lots of simple questions that can be answered by anyone. Also, this is why I'd recommend to wait for a staff member if you have a question, to make sure you receive the correct answer.
Also, there are quite a lot of players who genuinely want to help others instead of just doing it to become a helper. Some of them don't even apply and they just want to help a fellow player out.

After all, yes, I personally like the idea of adding a rule against mini-modding, but we are not adding this now as I mentioned earlier. Might be an idea to consider in the future.

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands
It's either it's allowed or not, I don't feel there should be 'exceptions' - if it's already not allowed in staff-help it shouldn't be allowed anywhere else, period.

These are questions that are meant for staff to answer, it's literally called 'staff-help' for a reason. So you're telling me that this is still allowed .. because? Because members may want to help someone? If they really want to help someone they can do so in a private message, without annoying others in chat. On top of this they can even answer the question wrong, wouldn't you rather have someone that is more knowledgeable on the topic answer the question?

There's no reason to concern yourself with something that has absolutely nothing to do with you.

My point is, staff will answer the question, they will get to it. Things take time and people just have to be patient. There is no reason for someone without the staff role to do so. It just causes annoyance, not just for the members of the Discord server but even for staff.

Also, just so you know, as this can just be very tiresome for Molly to have to explain every time, their pronouns are 'they/them' not 'she'.

If it isn't clear enough to you yet, I voted yes.

I get your frustration, don't get me wrong. But ofcourse there should be exceptions for some questions like : "how do I report hackers" or "how do I appeal" or "what means Blocked Connection" those are questions that a lot of members know the correct answer of so they should be allowed to answer those in MY opinion. But indeed, question that are only meant for staff members should only be answered by staff members.

Also, KitsuneToru was just an example of an experienced player with a lot of knowledge. I did not meant that you could just spam her with your questions because indeed that would be tiresome for Molly, but I did not mean it that way. I meant that IF she answered a question you could believe her.
C:

Pineapple

Forum Expert
Apr 27, 2020
the Pizza Parlor
Yes, that's totally true! And that's why I said that we might consider this in the future, when the current helpers become moderators and when the team has grown big enough to ensure the players that they can get help as soon as possible.
Oh I read what you said wrong haha. I completely agree with you! I just want this to change as soon as possible, that’s why I made the thread haha.

Meiske

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2017
The Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
I get your frustration, don't get me wrong. But ofcourse there should be exceptions for some questions like : "how do I report hackers" or "how do I appeal" or "what means Blocked Connection" those are questions that a lot of members know the correct answer of so they should be allowed to answer those in MY opinion.

Also, KitsuneToru was just an example of an experienced player with a lot of knowledge. I did not meant that you could just spam her with your questions because indeed that would be tiresome for Molly, but I did not mean it that way. I meant that IF she answered a question you could believe her.
C:

No, I disagree, there shouldn't be exceptions since they decided to ask that question in staff-help, so they're waiting for a response from a trustworthy staff member, not someone who doesn't have the staff role. If someone asks staff a question, why should someone who isn't qualified answer their question? Make it make sense.

Also, you clearly misread or didn't even read what I wrote as you proceeded to use the wrong pronouns. Did you even read what I wrote? I said that Molly's prounouns are 'they/them', Molly is not a 'her'.

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands
No, I disagree, there shouldn't be exceptions since they decided to ask that question in staff-help, so they're waiting for a response from a trustworthy staff member, not someone who doesn't have the staff role. If someone asks staff a question, why should someone who isn't qualified answer their question? Make it make sense.

Also, you clearly misread or didn't even read what I wrote as you proceeded to use the wrong pronouns. Did you even read what I wrote? I said that Molly's prounouns are 'they/them', Molly is not a 'her'.

There should be exceptions on simple questions since it's hard to give them false information on that and that's the whole point of this discussion, isn't it? I get that mini-modding could be very annoying since you specificly asked that question to a staff member but if staff does not respond on time it should be allowed to answer them (when the questions are easy and could be answered by everyone)

Also, my bad, forgot to read that part.
What I meant is that if KitsuneToru answers them they could trust Them since They is a player with a lot of knowledge about cubecraft and other things related to videogames.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Thanks for all the wishes <3
UncleSpect wrote on zauuberr009's profile.
Happy birthday!
Xi1m wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
happy birthday!!!!1!1!1!1!!11!!1!1 :3
Frontlane wrote on adrian525pl's profile.
Happy birthday 🎈🥳
Frontlane wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy birthday!! 🎁
Top Bottom