Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should there be a rule against mini-modding

• Total voters

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands
Wouldn't you want to avoid the spread of false information as much as possible? How does this contribute to that?
I do, of course I do. But its very hard to spread false information on questions like "how do I report a rulebreaker" since a lot of players have used the reports site or the /report command ingame.

(Also if you want to discuss this further with me, feel free to start a conversation c: )

Meiske

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2017
The Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
I do, of course I do. But giving an answer on a simple question like "how do I report people" is very hard to be false when answered by every player.
Well it's still counts as a question in staff-help, if it were asked in another channel then there shouldn't be a problem with someone answering that question, I think that any question in staff-help specifically should always only be answered by staff themselves.

MrTommy

Dedicated Member
Jul 3, 2019
Legoworld
www.instagram.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Just going go take this suggesttion, and use it here. (Credit goes to @_The13thDoctor_ for making it)

And qoute this comment i made:
"I also agree that mini-modding is very annoying for people that are just chatting in there, it is also not needed since that a staff member usually replies to the questions within 30 minutes (during the day in Europe). It will also stop users from giving wrong information."
That is my opinion on this matter.

I also think that, if it was to be implemented, that there should be a clear line. Not reply only after 20 minutes, or if it is basic information help out.
It should be like: "you are not allowed to asnwer questions from #staff-help anywhere."

Anneum

Dedicated Member
Jan 4, 2020
The Avatar Universe
Pronouns
She/Her
I kind of agree with you. It can be annoying when you can’t have a normal conversation because players are helping others or if they give wrong answers, but in my opinion it shouldn’t be against the rules. Since some players just want to help and I don’t think it’s a good idea to punish them for trying to help others. Although it shouldn’t be against the rules, Staff should stop encouraging it imo. With encouraging I mean this:

1595790026174.png

That way there may be less players that will “mini-mod”

TyFoxy

Dedicated Member
Nov 26, 2015
Chrononshia
www.TyFoxy.com
I'll add to this lightly, I do think mini-modding is something that you must be careful with, especially when accidentally giving outdated or false information. Our #Staff-help discord channel is meant for staff only responses, as you may see from time to time we do remind our players and community members to refrain from using said channel unless they are asking for help or are a staff member.

Asking a question anywhere else within out community is essentially what we would consider fair game. Our #staff-help channel is mainly kept to gain responses from staff only, as asking a question anywhere else is always doable. As @S4nne stated, preventing players from answering simple questions or ones while staff are unavailable in our main channels or chat modes shouldn't be enforced consistently.

I do express the concern however that if you do plan to assist anyone and you are not a staff member, please make sure what you are saying is correct and updated, as with most things, you can find the most current information here on our forums or discord as our announcements go out to public.

Landon AWESOME9

Novice Member
May 9, 2020
Mini modding should be against the rules if it's a question that requires staff opinion. If someone's asking for the report link or any other link, go for it.

Just today someone tried to help me, but gave false information and then started speaking engrish.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on qSxgttt's profile.
Happy Birthday
this is an archive of the alt i managed to sneak into the hive forums so i can continue publishing stories

this is where i started using the desiderata name

1716045590630.png
Eli wrote on marijuli2004's profile.
Thank you for the follow ❤️
Reesle wrote on Power Ranger's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎉✨
Reesle wrote on human being's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈 🧁
… and congrats on 450 messages!
Top Bottom