Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should these (and more) get implemented?

• No (Please explain why).

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
MinerWare is fun and all, but I’m missing something to it. There haven’t really been any changes regarding the question and equation microgames. I’m going to have to be honest now; It makes the game boring. It was fun at first, for a long time. Now, I personally think all questions and such are the same and basically already know the answer to all of them. Therefor I’ll be suggesting more questions to add. This way it’ll be more fun all over again, ánd we get to learn new things about the game! Some of the questions I made up and/or found are pretty random, but I think that’s what they should be. They’re some random questions about Minecraft - meaning you’ll be more knowledgable after playing. For now, I have these current question ideas:
(The first answer is the correct answer)

Normal mode:

8 coal can smelt 64 items.
1: True
2: False

Currently 14 music discs exist within Minecraft.
1: False
2: True

Hard mode:

What is the blast resistance of an anvil?
1: 6000
2: 4000
3: 7000
4: 5000

What light level do redstone lamps give off?
1: 15
2: 12
3: 14
4: 17

How many items can a blaze rod smelt?
1: 12
2: 20
3: 120
4: 100

What are the odds of a baby zombie to spawn naturally?
1: 5%
2: 1%
3: 10%
4: 2.5%

I also have some equation ideas, as those are also getting outdated a bit:

Normal mode:

10 + 5 + 1
3 + 9 + 2
8 + 7 + 5
And so on; Even normal should be a challenge. That way it’s still a bit educational.

Hard mode:

11 x 8 + 2
21 : 3 + 4
2 x 150 + 10
8^2
3^3
And so on.

In my opinion, the current eqations aren’t as educational as they can possibly be. CubeCraft can be a small help to educating children better, with just this tiny game. It isn’t a necessity, but it might be able to help children or regular teens with their math skills and speed. The game will also require you to be faster, meaning that you’ll eventually get good at fast thinking if you repeatedly play this. And even if not for educational purposes, like the questions that just inform you about Minecraft itself, I think it would also make the game more fun and less boring by adding new things to learn from. You would get to know even more about the game you’re playing. This is all just my opinion and I would love to hear more feedback and ideas from each and every one of you. Thanks for reading if you made it this far!
(Big thanks to @Koops for some of the ideas for equations!)

~ A wild Hoshi

Last edited:

Axyy

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2016
Gone
www.cubecraft.net
MinerWare is fun and all, but I’m missing something to it. There haven’t really been any changes regarding the question and equation microgames. I’m going to have to be honest now; It makes the game boring. It was fun at first, for a long time. Now, I personally think all questions and such are the same and basically already know the answer to all of them. Therefor I’ll be suggesting more questions to add. This way it’ll be more fun all over again, ánd we get to learn new things about the game! Some of the questions I made up and/or found are pretty random, but I think that’s what they should be. They’re some random questions about Minecraft - meaning you’ll be more knowledgable after playing. For now, I have these current question ideas:

Normal mode:

1 coal can smelt 8 items.

Hard mode:

Normal mode:

10 + 5 + 1
3 + 9 + 2
8 + 7 + 5
And so on; Even normal should be a challenge. That way it’s still a bit educational.

Hard mode:

11 x 8 + 2
2 x 150 + 10
8^2
3^3
And so on.

In my opinion, the current eqations aren’t as educational as they can possibly be. CubeCraft can be a small help to educating children better, with just this tiny game. It isn’t a necessity, but it might be able to help children or regular teens with their math skills and speed. The game will also require you to be faster, meaning that you’ll eventually get good at fast thinking if you repeatedly play this. And even if not for educational purposes, like the questions that just inform you about Minecraft itself, I think it would also make the game more fun and less boring by adding new things to learn from. You would get to know even more about the game you’re playing. This is all just my opinion and I would love to hear more feedback and ideas from each and every one of you. Thanks for reading if you made it this far!

~ A wild Hoshi

Woah yeah,

I really agree with the Equation ideas, although there are really young people playing the game so they really shouldn't be too hard. (Still think it should be replaced by your suggestion though).

I'm a big fan of MinerWare myself and games do get boring after playing it for some time, changes are needed :)

Reactions: Lozora and Hoshi

Hoshi

Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
Woah yeah,

I really agree with the Equation ideas, although there are really young people playing the game so they really shouldn't be too hard. (Still think it should be replaced by your suggestion though).

I'm a big fan of MinerWare myself and games do get boring after playing it for some time, changes are needed :)
I must say a lot of young people play - but you’re never too young to learn something. They might profit from it later on. Also, you’re not allowed to really do anything on here except when a (parental) guardian has agreed to it or you’re 13+ (Correct me if I’m wrong). Most people on Cube are around 13-15. This is an average. Don’t mind it too much.

Reactions: Lozora and Axyy

Axyy

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2016
Gone
www.cubecraft.net
I must say a lot of young people play - but you’re never too young to learn something. They might profit from it later on. Also, you’re not allowed to really do anything on here except when a (parental) guardian has agreed to it or you’re 13+ (Correct me if I’m wrong). Most people on Cube are around 13-15, this is an average. Don’t mind it too much.
I completely agree with you, and if they don't know the answer, they will eventually.

Reactions: Hoshi

eZPunish

Feb 17, 2016
Portugal

Normal mode:

8 coal can smelt 64 items.

Hard mode:

Normal mode:

10 + 5 + 1
3 + 9 + 2
8 + 7 + 5

Hard mode:

11 x 8 + 2
2 x 150 + 10
8^2
3^3
And so on.

(Big thanks to @Koops for some of the ideas for equations!)

~ A wild Hoshi
Heyy heyy girl, good topic :D

Marionex

Mar 17, 2020
Poland
I am so down to see new equations and questions in MinerWare!
There is a small amount of them implemented right now and i would love to see more, especially because they're easy to do! (Atleast for me :P)

BringMeTheHorizon ♠

Forum Expert
Mar 29, 2017
United Stairs of America
Most people on Cube are around 13-15.
Mind proving the legitimacy of this information? Or at least, where did you get that rough estimate from?

Besides that,
but you’re never too young to learn something. They might profit from it later on.
How would learning the blast resistance of an anvil, or how much light level a redstone lamp gives off, or the odds for a baby zombie to spawn naturally, any profitable at all? I never even heard anyone mention anything about the blast resistance of an anvil, because it's just not something you ever need to learn.

All in all, even though I did criticize some things in the suggestion itself, I still do like it, since after all you still have to add new things, especially in hard mode - it's called 'hard' mode for a reason. It kinda should challenge your knowledge to at least some extent. Could be a little "fun fact" you learn. And also that, they would probably get to know the answer at some point anyway, after playing a few hours of Minerware.

I have to say, I kinda do like the idea of adding multiple equations within one, makes it a bit more different and in the case of Hard mode, a bit more challenging depending on the equation.
Also, you’re not allowed to really do anything on here except when a (parental) guardian has agreed to it or you’re 13+ (Correct me if I’m wrong).
I mean, yea, but do you really think that book has really stopped a lot of children from just clicking the "Ok" (or "Accept" or whatever it was) button without reading anything? It's like the average adult and any Terms of Conditions whatsoever xP

Reactions: Eli and Marionex

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Pronouns
He/They
While I like the idea of the thread as a whole, there's one specific part that I have to disagree with,
  • These questions about the durability of an anvil etc., don't really add anything meaningful to the game. It's just yet another question the player has to memorize the answer of. And I really don't see the point of that. I would much rather see new microgames or recreations of some old ones. Something that takes more than just memorizing random facts you'll never really use and don't really care about.
But I like the part about equations, it would definitely add a little bit more of a challenge while playing MinerWare. One thing I'm unsure of though, and that's if CubeCraft's demographic has the educational level to solve some of the things you've proposed. I strongly disagree that they'll "learn something new" because they'll probably just not understand it until they properly learn it at school. But they're really not extremely complex, so perhaps it wouldn't be an issue.

Hoshi

Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
Mind proving the legitimacy of this information? Or at least, where did you get that rough estimate from?
I never said this was true. It’s an average I made from usual encounters with players. I’m just saying that lots of people are young - meaning they might get to learn new things from it. The current existing equations in the microgame have actually helped me be quicker in maths as well. - Again, I’m not saying it’s true.
This is an average. Don’t mind it too much.
Forgot to mention that I made it up - it’s just a mistake.
How would learning the blast resistance of an anvil, or how much light level a redstone lamp gives off, or the odds for a baby zombie to spawn naturally, any profitable at all? I never even heard anyone mention anything about the blast resistance of an anvil, because it's just not something you ever need to learn.
Here, I was talking about the equations. You do learn a lot from the equations. Especially in the current hard more. Try to prove me wrong here.
I mean, yea, but do you really think that book has really stopped a lot of children from just clicking the "Ok" (or "Accept" or whatever it was) button without reading anything? It's like the average adult and any Terms of Conditions whatsoever xP
I personally clicked ‘Accept’ I’m not going to lie, lmao. But it doesn’t mean all children press accept there. I’m sure the majority of the people do, but it doesn’t mean all. ;)
These questions about the durability of an anvil etc., don't really add anything meaningful to the game. It's just yet another question the player has to memorize the answer of. And I really don't see the point of that. I would much rather see new microgames or recreations of some old ones. Something that takes more than just memorizing random facts you'll never really use and don't really care about.
While that might be true, yes, I can see players would have a harder time remembering these as they are (big) numbers and these questions don’t give the usual information you’d get to know about Cube. This way, they’ll spend more time on here to be able to memorize them.

Last edited:
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
marshduck11 wrote on Livvv's profile.
The first sentence said "sometimes life does't give you what you want" the second one is incomplete so far only saying "not because you don't" I'm excited to see what the last sentence says!
SpringWarz wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy birthday!
Verbramdt wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Thanks for the follow, and happy birthday! :D
Top Bottom