Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KidBit

Dedicated Member
May 9, 2016
Maple Syrup Land
so i was thinking ik that other servers do this on their forums account but i was thinking why not have like someway to link your MC account to your forums account your MC account username will like show up on your profile and your like thingy idk what its called when you make a post but like it shows people your MC name so its easier to know all these anonymous names and their MC names and stuff like heres how it will work

how it works:
you go in game and type /link (email you used for your forums account)
and it can take a few minutes it sometimes takes awhile for it to link up and register but it would look like something like this

Looks:
(then your MC name here with your MC head on the left of your name)

and if you have a rank and stuff when you link it, it will look like something like

Profile Picture:
Forum Name:
Member:
Rank (this is where your donator rank would be if you have one if you dont have a donator rank then there is nothing there it would go in the same place as all the staff ranks and on your profile timeline it would be where the staff ranks show and stuff)

if you have anything to add to this please do i ijust think this would be a good idea

what you all think should it be up there or not?

Reactions: TriangleAttack

Krealίxx

Novice Member
Nov 27, 2016
Earth
I feel like it would clutter the space, like you already have your signature as

IGN: EclipticEffect
Level: 25+
EggWars Expert

And probably a bit hard to do, if not impossible via the engine.

D

Deleted member 169486

I like and dislike the idea of linking forums accounts. Yes, it would be easier to help people with ban appeals/ compromised accounts. But, I have different emails for my forums then my minecraft account. I feel like having ranks posted on the forums would create clutter and confusion.

Reactions: BlueMoon475

KidBit

Dedicated Member
May 9, 2016
Maple Syrup Land
it would look like something like this

warning this is a screenshot of my forum account on a different server where i got the suggestion from you can tweak it to look however you like
but im just saying that this is what i was thinking of yes i cropped it so that you could actually see what im talking about and stuff

Attachments

• bandicam 2017-01-21 16-39-06-014.jpg
    bandicam 2017-01-21 16-39-06-014.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 159

KidBit

Dedicated Member
May 9, 2016
Maple Syrup Land
there can be a username Disable like you can disable it in your personal detail or something like that to where you can either click show MC username or click dont show MC username and stuff

Reactions: Despacito 2

JerrySox

Sep 22, 2016
Antarctica
Or your forum account can be the same name as your Minecraft account, bam problem solved. Sorry but I don't like this idea.

WolfShine

Dedicated Member
Mar 10, 2016
www.youtube.com
so i was thinking ik that other servers do this on their forums account but i was thinking why not have like someway to link your MC account to your forums account your MC account username will like show up on your profile and your like thingy idk what its called when you make a post but like it shows people your MC name so its easier to know all these anonymous names and their MC names and stuff like heres how it will work

how it works:
you go in game and type /link (email you used for your forums account)
and it can take a few minutes it sometimes takes awhile for it to link up and register but it would look like something like this

Looks:
(then your MC name here with your MC head on the left of your name)

and if you have a rank and stuff when you link it, it will look like something like

Profile Picture:
Forum Name:
Member:
Rank (this is where your donator rank would be if you have one if you dont have a donator rank then there is nothing there it would go in the same place as all the staff ranks and on your profile timeline it would be where the staff ranks show and stuff)

if you have anything to add to this please do i ijust think this would be a good idea

what you all think should it be up there or not?
I like the idea, but I also do not like it. It would be easier for staff to know who you are in game, but it also lets someone who does not like you know who you are in game. It has ups and downs.

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
Linking forums accounts to mc accounts might be cool but I don't really see much use for it :P If it came with the ability to have your in game stats viewed on your forums profile that would be cool ♡

U

Unipotato

I don't really see too big a use for this. It seems fine how it is now.

telegamer

Forum Veteran
Jul 28, 2015
Bansilvania
bit.ly
If you didn't know yet, they are currently working on a new forums. Alot of people wanted ingame to be linked to the forums, so this is very likely to be added, not confirmed though ;) And yes I do like the idea of having ingame linked to the forums, because, for example, it allows ranks to be shown and, in my opinion, that would be a cool thing to have :)

KidBit

Dedicated Member
May 9, 2016
Maple Syrup Land
If you didn't know yet, they are currently working on a new forums. Alot of people wanted ingame to be linked to the forums, so this is very likely to be added, not confirmed though ;) And yes I do like the idea of having ingame linked to the forums, because, for example, it allows ranks to be shown and, in my opinion, that would be a cool thing to have :)
i agree with you it would be cool

thats awesome to hear i hope they add it

ciwa

Forum Expert
May 7, 2016
The Netherlands.

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
I don't like the idea, it's just something to have, but that's it. You can only see the rank etc, that's just 'funny' to see.

KidBit

Dedicated Member
May 9, 2016
Maple Syrup Land
you didnt read everything

you link your MC account to your forum account it also shows your MC account username not just your rank

Earth

Forum Veteran
Oct 21, 2015
Nowhere
wait are people ACTUALLY AGAINST linking your minecraft account to your forum account? can you explain to me WHY please? The ONLY thing it'll do is show your IGN on your profile or something. why would you not like that? and if you don't like it, don't do it?

you got my full support dude, even though this'll probably get added when the new forums come out

Reactions: KidBit
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Abodz's profile.
Happy Birthday! I hope you have/had a good day today!:D
Reesle wrote on Abodz's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Reesle wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday ^-^
Top Bottom