• Total voters

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
This suggestion has to do with this thread, please check it out: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/the-return-of-speed-egg-wars.231633/

Basically to summarize I heavily dislike the new egg wars update and after realizing this would be part of normal I even more so don’t support it. My idea is simply to take my idea from the thread before (Idea 2a) and all we change with this thread is replace beta with it.

“2a) Integration Into Meta | Era of Speed: The idea crossed my mind that Egg Wars needs new and fresh content, but is it possible to teach an old dog new tricks? Maybe, but it is possible to teach old tricks to a new dog. You probably have no idea what I'm saying and think I'm crazy. Let me explain: Egg Wars needs an update, but it's hard to think of ideas of course. The last game-changing update was a long time ago, but who says it has to be fresh, what if we brought something old back but in a new light. Introducing the Era of Speed. A brand new concept update featuring ALL speed features becoming one with classic egg wars. How would this work? All Speed maps would return and be available in the normal selection, a new voting option would be introduced, would you like to vote for a speed boost? Diamond Ranks and higher get to control your speed now. More kits, kits can be introduced from speed, some are not that powerful, so they are combined with other existing weak kits to change how kits are used and which ones are the best. Along with that achievement from Speed can be tweaked and made to return (those applicable) to add more ways to get XP, Points, Cubelets, and more challenges for determined players. This update would change the game forever, and I think in a positive way, new strategies and counters would have to be implemented, faster matches would be widely accepted and appericiated from casual to hardcore gamers. More importantly it makes everyone happy.”

What would this change already? This would take the integration idea and basically test it, it would be speed like I described in the thread but as a beta game. No crazy additions like the current mode. But good old speed mode. I know for a fact tons of people miss speed and thoughts on this new update are mixed, but If this idea is taken I know a lot more people will be happy.

Last edited:

ProfessorRaptor

Nov 21, 2015
I strongly disliked Speed EggWars and can see grinders with high ranks just turning regular EggWars into Speed EggWars on a consistent basis. Many non-ranks already dislike the continuous status of OP Half and including Speed into the normal voting options would only make the discontent worse. Keep Speed EggWars separate if it ever returns.

Reactions: Fqnta

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I strongly disliked Speed EggWars and can see grinders with high ranks just turning regular EggWars into Speed EggWars on a consistent basis. Many non-ranks already dislike the continuous status of OP Half and including Speed into the normal voting options would only make the discontent worse. Keep Speed EggWars separate if it ever returns.

Please read 2a again, because that's not at all what I'm suggesting. The maps that are joined with normal, are exclusive to speed like voting options and kits. Also the mode would return as a beta LIKE what we have now, and also almost no one complained about speed and it had a large player base that wasn't ranks so I don't see why that would be a problem.

ProfessorRaptor

Nov 21, 2015
The maps that are joined with normal, are exclusive to speed like voting options and kits.

So you're suggesting the coding be that only previous Speed maps have the voting option for speed boost (or could just be played without speed)? What about when there are only non-ranks around who want to play speed but there is no rank to vote for it?

Reactions: Fqnta

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
So you're suggesting the coding be that only previous Speed maps have the voting option for speed boost (or could just be played without speed)? What about when there are only non-ranks around who want to play speed but there is no rank to vote for it?

Sorry, left out something, speed maps will have speed on default, unless it's voted against. The speed voting feature would possibly be for something else, im figuring it out again. The point of brining back speed is of course to have speed.

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Eli
Where's the second member? 🤔

1713925281107.png
someone make a rivals of aether mod with fhg characters

it's the closest we can get to an official game
CubeT0ch wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow to I guess.
lyxda wrote on savina875's profile.
ty for the follow (˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶) ♡