Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you want to have a mature VC in the discord

• Total voters

Searchin4Mom

Novice Member
Jun 12, 2020
Hello, I joined the public VC today on the CC discord sever and at first it was okay, but slowly as I stayed there players in the voice chat came in/ were already there became more and more "edgy" you could say. As I have gone over the rules, some of the commentary wasn't allowed on CC, but I'm okay with cursing, so I didnt care.

So I got thinking why isnt there a VC for people who want to speak a bit more freely instead of worrying about being banned for saying a simple curse word. To also have the youngins NOT get in to these calls there should be check with the staff, instead of just clicking a button. That we totally all didnt click when we were younger, right ;) I do know staff is lacking so I dont know how possible this is but I figured i would give a shout on this as there were more colorful things going on in the voice chat which have been handled.

Alongside this being a positive thing, with having this need staff time, it would free up the staff, as there will not be people making tickets just for people swearing. I do think this will be a positive thing. Why not do a trial period of it? It would be good to see if it would free up staff a bit more.

Thanks for taking time to read this, appreciate it, please vote for this mature VC so people dont get banned for such silly things <3

-Searchin4Mom

Reesle

Forum Expert
May 25, 2022
Canada
Hello, I joined the public VC today on the CC discord sever and at first it was okay, but slowly as I stayed there players in the voice chat came in/ were already there became more and more "edgy" you could say. As I have gone over the rules, some of the commentary wasn't allowed on CC, but I'm okay with cursing, so I didnt care.

So I got thinking why isnt there a VC for people who want to speak a bit more freely instead of worrying about being banned for saying a simple curse word. To also have the youngins NOT get in to these calls there should be check with the staff, instead of just clicking a button. That we totally all didnt click when we were younger, right ;) I do know staff is lacking so I dont know how possible this is but I figured i would give a shout on this as there were more colorful things going on in the voice chat which have been handled.

Alongside this being a positive thing, with having this need staff time, it would free up the staff, as there will not be people making tickets just for people swearing. I do think this will be a positive thing. Why not do a trial period of it? It would be good to see if it would free up staff a bit more.

Thanks for taking time to read this, appreciate it, please vote for this mature VC so people dont get banned for such silly things <3

-Searchin4Mom
I think it’s not a bad idea. But, If it was up to me, I’d make it so that only accounts with ages 16+ can join the mature VC. Then, at least you don’t have little kids chilling with older teens, and you could talk more freely.
** But, small disclaimer : I never go in VCs anyways lol

iikovu

Novice Member
Sep 15, 2022
Pronouns
He/Him
To also have the youngins NOT get in to these calls there should be check with the staff, instead of just clicking a button.
It's a decent idea but you're saying they should 'check' with staff before joining to vc to verify their age but wouldnt this also take up their time? (please respond to this, I really want you clarify this part lol)

I highly doubt they would add such thing, seeing as the VCs are there for everyone (13+) and I honestly don't think it's hard to just...not swear but that's just me lol. I understand why you want this to be a thing though

But, If it was up to me, I’d make it so that only accounts with ages 16+ can join the mature VC.
It's a bit hard to verify the account age as some people don't use their real ages when making accounts but good idea !!

Reactions: Reesle

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
You know the rules and so do I…

Jokes aside, you probably know that CuebCraft’s rules cover the entirety of the network: Forums, in-game AND Discord. It just wouldn’t make sense for them to make a small exception.

I understand that you might have difficulties with accidentally letting out swear words, and if we’re being honest here, people often get away with it. I think that this, however, still does not mean that the rule shouldn’t be enforced. It is important to realize that whilst Discord is for 13+, there will always be some members that aren’t that age yet who are still on Discord regardless of what the ToS states. Considering they’re on Discord already, do you think they’d take a step back if they saw an NSFW tag (or similar)?

But, If it was up to me, I’d make it so that only accounts with ages 16+ can join the mature VC. Then, at least you don’t have little kids chilling with older teens, and you could talk more freely.
It is impossible to filter accounts based on their age when it comes to voice channels, and the only way you’re somehow able to filter out youngsters on Discord is by creating an NSFW chat channel that is meant for 18+ only. There is a major issue with that, though. Users who are 12 or below and users who aren’t 18 yet will have most likely lied about their age when creating their account. This mean that they still have access to the channel through a simple ‘NSFW’ warning.

It's a decent idea but you're saying they should 'check' with staff before joining to vc to verify their age but wouldnt this also take up their time?
Not only would this take up their time, it would also be completely unnecessary considering they could join anyway without a staff member’s help. The only way I could see this work is if the voice channel would be inaccessible, staff will tell you to go into another voice channel and they’ll move you from there to there. This, again, comes with a very big problem which is unnecessarily taking away staff members’ precious time. They have lives too. They can’t just sit there behind their PC 24/7 waiting for someone to say “can I plz join call”. Besides, even when asked about their age, users can still lie anyways, so what’s the point?

I simply do not agree with this suggestion for the stated reasons and more. I’ll be brutally honest here: CubeCraft has its rules and if you have such a hard time abiding by those rules, why are you even in the voice calls in the first place. Not only that, but now trying to find a loophole so it wouldn’t be considered breaking rules. You either follow the rules or you’re out. Simple as that.

Wildd

Dedicated Member
Jun 4, 2020
This comes with too many moderation issues in my opinion.
There is no way to completely verify someone's age, as @Hoshi said, and however you proposed moderators doing it, would really not work as no-one is able to spend all day monitoring a channel like that.

I think if you want to be slightly more 'free' with what you say you can create a private group chat or something.

Searchin4Mom

Novice Member
Jun 12, 2020
It's a decent idea but you're saying they should 'check' with staff before joining to vc to verify their age but wouldnt this also take up their time? (please respond to this, I really want you clarify this part lol)
what i was meaning was a staff met with you before hand, checked out you are who you say you are, and were above a certain age by going into a call with a staff. You would get a role that would allow you to see certain vc's and chats. So instead of having petty conversations with the staff about this person said a curse word, it would be over a serious issue, hate speech. So when those type of people are weeded out of the mature vc's it would be a safe space to speak a bit more freely without exposing children to curse words.

• Love

Searchin4Mom

Novice Member
Jun 12, 2020
I simply do not agree with this suggestion for the stated reasons and more. I’ll be brutally honest here: CubeCraft has its rules and if you have such a hard time abiding by those rules, why are you even in the voice calls in the first place. Not only that, but now trying to find a loophole so it wouldn’t be considered breaking rules. You either follow the rules or you’re out. Simple as that.
No i completely agree, this isnt a me issue. People who were in the call yesterday were being racist, toxic, and homophobic, openly talking with children around. This is why i suggested this, as there needs to be some other places where children dont need to hear this type of stuff. Idk maybe instead of my idea, why not have staff come in more often in the calls, as when i was there for 4+ hrs not a single staff came in.

Usurper

Novice Member
Sep 11, 2021
The Great White North
I've never encountered anyone who was considered "edgy" tbh 90% of the people I meet in vc are squeakers who definitely shouldn't be around older teens who curse and use vulgarities. They should be learning those words on the playground not from discord.
As such there is no way to prevent them from lying to gain access to these channels prematurely. These channels would also seem like a sign of status to them and they would try harder to get in simply because it would be viewed as the forbidden fruit.

Searchin4Mom

Novice Member
Jun 12, 2020
I've never encountered anyone who was considered "edgy" tbh 90% of the people I meet in vc are squeakers who definitely shouldn't be around older teens who curse and use vulgarities. They should be learning those words on the playground not from discord.
As such there is no way to prevent them from lying to gain access to these channels prematurely. These channels would also seem like a sign of status to them and they would try harder to get in simply because it would be viewed as the forbidden fruit.
hence why i said join a call with a staff to check out who this person is, and obv if they just got their older brother or someone who sounds older and they come into the mature vc squeaking like a dog toy, no one would stand for it. they would contact a staff likley.

Awabbatt

Nov 14, 2020
I think it’s not a bad idea. But, If it was up to me, I’d make it so that only accounts with ages 16+ can join the mature VC. Then, at least you don’t have little kids chilling with older teens, and you could talk more freely.
** But, small disclaimer : I never go in VCs anyways lol
wouldn't really be possible unless they make a vc which is nsfw. then it would only allow 18+ to join. I don't think thats something cube would do tho

Searchin4Mom

Novice Member
Jun 12, 2020
so seeing as people dont want a mature vc, we should have more staff coming into calls. It was outrageous to hear some of the commentary that was going on, and no one(not staff wise) tried stopping these people from being toxic.

99th_DutchNubnub

Feb 8, 2020
nubbieland
Hey
I can only say that this idea is not wise to undertake. Partly because cubecraft is/was one of the larger servers. And just has a certain responsibility.

That's how I feel about it

Nubnub

Hazard

Forum Extraordinaire
May 5, 2020
Liverpool, Merseyside
Taking a quote from a previous message:
Totally not stealing @Fesa's response
1679273501254.png

Reactions: iikovu and Reesle
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Eli
Is it time for SkyWars to retire from Java? :despair:
Kazwa wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Thanks for the follow ^^
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #46- Ants don’t have lungs. They instead breathe through spiracles, nine or ten tiny openings, depending on the species.
woohoo!! 120.80 released and whenever i go into cubecraft my signature skin turns into a steve or alex but in worlds its there!!! thanks mojang now i cant have my skin while playing cubecraft
Top Bottom