Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

FunnyTheme

Aug 3, 2014
London, England
I believe that a server that is renowned for minigames (Cubecraft GAMES) should have more than 8 games.

A way that I was thinking about was to allow players to vote whether they want to keep the current limited time game on Cubecraft and make it a permanent game. At the moment there are many of the limited time games which personally I thoroughly enjoyed and was in fact quite upset to not play again once it was removed.

Would be interesting to see what other people think of this too :)

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Looking back, The Big Change was a wonderful update. Removed games get brought back occasionally for a short amount of time, motivating more players to play said game as it'll be gone again after a couple of days. Meanwhile, the old player base isn't as spread out anymore meaning permanent games have more players

FunnyTheme

Aug 3, 2014
London, England
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/the-big-change.212513/

Its not that they want to irritate us its simply company&financial based if you understand me

I understand that, and would may be worthy of saying that in that post by johncoles you linked he said about how its a frustrating player experience if a new player joins a game but has to wait really long for the game to start due to the lack of players, that's where I feel like the voting system I talked about would be beneficial and if the majority of players really enjoy the game, maybe it will sustain a high amount of players if it was made into a permanent game.

Wintrie

Dedicated Member
Dec 1, 2016
Scotland
www.youtube.com
Limited time is honestly the best way I can see it as if we had every single game in the rotation of limited time out then some games will gain popularity but at the same time others will die in the process, I believe keeping them in rotation is the best way.

GalacticAC

Novice Member
Jul 25, 2018
Game other than blockwars ctf can't sustain them outside the rotation system tho...
Yes plz add blockwars ctf back, it have high player count

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
What do you mean by this?
All players that played BlockWars, Survival Games or other removed games cannot play those if they're not being featured and thus are playing other games, which increases the amount of players for any given game really

Reactions: Wintrie

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
Looking back, The Big Change was a wonderful update. Removed games get brought back occasionally for a short amount of time, motivating more players to play said game as it'll be gone again after a couple of days. Meanwhile, the old player base isn't as spread out anymore meaning permanent games have more players

Not sure if I understood you right, but do you mean that you're happy that The Big Change happened?
Of course it's better for the server, but not for the players, most people lost at least 1 of their favourites games.

Reactions: GalacticAC

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Not sure if I understood you right, but do you mean that you're happy that The Big Change happened?
Of course it's better for the server, but not for the players, most people lost at least 1 of their favourites games.
The Big Change was a wonderful update
Yeah, no, I don't like the update! /s

That aside, the games are still being brought back and they get more attention this way, it's just better like this imo

Reactions: Shallidor

FunnyTheme

Aug 3, 2014
London, England
All players that played BlockWars, Survival Games or other removed games cannot play those if they're not being featured and thus are playing other games, which increases the amount of players for any given game really
But then again some players may enjoy the limited time games so much that they don't really like playing the other games

FunnyTheme

Aug 3, 2014
London, England
I did realise today, though, that as part of the Big Change Update a voting system was added embedded into the cubecraft forum. When you click on the limited time joinning NPC it has the option for voting for Limited Time games. When was the last time a limited time game was brought back as a permanent game anyway?

PerryJ

Forum Expert
Aug 28, 2016
Doofenshmirtzz Evil Inc.
Pronouns
He/Him
Just because many people like a particulair game doesn't automatically mean that Cubecraft can change a featured game into a permanent game.

Cubecraft must invest money into that permanent game/server which they don't have at the moment because they don't earn much money and that is because of the small playerbase (at Java). It's a vicious circle.

See it as a house. You live in a big house but suddenly you earn less money. You can't live in your big house anymore so that means you must live in a smaller house. You can buy a bigger house again if you earn more money.

Basketman

Forum Expert
Jan 28, 2015
Belgium
Just because many people like a particulair game doesn't automatically mean that Cubecraft can change a featured game into a permanent game.

Cubecraft must invest money into that permanent game/server which they don't have at the moment because they don't earn much money and that is because of the small playerbase (at Java). It's a vicious circle.

See it as a house. You live in a big house but suddenly you earn less money. You can't live in your big house anymore so that means you must live in a smaller house. You can buy a bigger house again if you earn more money.
I agree on you, but their could be a system for every week to plan the upcomming games. Like a poll that opens on Saterday morning where you can vote which games you would like to see that week. And the games with the most votes will come on random days.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

SlinkyGnu05604 wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Welcome back to the staff team!
SlinkyGnu05604 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats!
SlinkyGnu05604 wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats!
Vorealys wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations!! 🥳
And to think that I met you when you were just a baby

1713556170222.png
Matriox wrote on SpringWarz's profile.
Fun fact: you can’t hum if you’re holding your nose
Top Bottom