Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should leaves decay?

• Total voters

MeliodasWrath

Aug 27, 2019
the UK *sips tea*
I really hate glowstone trees because it takes sooo long to mine them as there is no designated tool for mining them. I think glowstone trees should have the leaves decay, at the cost of not being able to fortune them if you are too lazy like me :p

Reactions: wxzzrd

Gemmmmie

Forum Veteran
Dec 31, 2017
The Butterfly Gardens
It would take a bit of programming from the Developers, I assume it is possibly in some way. It also would be helpful within the game. I've seen this suggestion before, but nothing happened (if I remember correctly). I do like this idea though, even though I haven't played much of the Nether yet.

Reactions: MeliodasWrath

FractalCake

Novice Member
Jul 23, 2020
United States
www.youtube.com
There are quests that require you to gather glowstone from trees, and for that you need the last overworld island.

Yes I know what it says. You don't actually need to collect glowstone from trees. Witch droppers in the nether will work.

And I understand that you need the last island for it as well, hence why I said it's expensive. I don't disagree that they need to do something to make this quest less grindy, but there is an alternate way to get the glowstone. Unless they make it so that the witches don't work, I don't intend on mining any more glowstone by hand.

Last edited:

mrburns452

Aug 26, 2020
Yes I know what it says. You don't actually need to collect glowstone from trees. Witch droppers in the nether will work.

And I understand that you need the last island for it as well, hence why I said it's expensive. I don't disagree that they need to do something to make this quest less grindy, but there is an alternate way to get the glowstone. Unless they make it so that the witches don't work, I don't intend on mining any more glowstone by hand.
Would you have to pick up the glowstone dust that the witch drops directly for it to count? Or does pulling from a chest/hopper count?

OOFChan0924

Aug 15, 2020
The programming behind doing something like this doesn't seem like something the current CubeCraft dev team would be able to handle without making sacrifices elsewhere, and it would take glowstone away from you assuming you are using a fortune pickaxe. If the fortune applies to decayed leaves, say, as long as you're holding it, this gives you free uses of the pickaxe and seems a bit unfair. Although I do absolutely hate the glowstone quests, I can't see this being quite the best solution.

MeliodasWrath

Aug 27, 2019
the UK *sips tea*
The programming behind doing something like this doesn't seem like something the current CubeCraft dev team would be able to handle without making sacrifices elsewhere, and it would take glowstone away from you assuming you are using a fortune pickaxe. If the fortune applies to decayed leaves, say, as long as you're holding it, this gives you free uses of the pickaxe and seems a bit unfair. Although I do absolutely hate the glowstone quests, I can't see this being quite the best solution.
It would just be like vanilla, so they would decay after a while, if the cobblestone wall is removed. If you want to fortune them you would have to mine them. Also you can't fortune them anyway I don't think
And for those saying it would be too difficult, are you telling me that literally making a dead bush literally turn into a glowstone tree in some hours is more difficult than just making some glowstone disappear smh

D

Deleted member 489420

I did 75.000 glowstone quest in 6 hours fully afk, just use witch grinder :)

Reactions: FractalCake

OOFChan0924

Aug 15, 2020
It would just be like vanilla, so they would decay after a while, if the cobblestone wall is removed. If you want to fortune them you would have to mine them. Also you can't fortune them anyway I don't think
And for those saying it would be too difficult, are you telling me that literally making a dead bush literally turn into a glowstone tree in some hours is more difficult than just making some glowstone disappear smh
Fortune works 100%. The idea that they only decay of the cobble is removed i DO like, but would make fortune-ing it all mildly annoying but I still think if they added it it would be very worth it. Of the one or so dev(s) working on skyblock, making a timer to convert a plant (deadbush) into a tree with a random height and set easily once-calculatable block generation around it is much easier server-side than running a custom randomized formula for each of those many blocks individually, and the calculation of 10 islands having decaying trees at once or even one with a very large tree farm (one guy on the discord has a ridiculous one for glowstone trees) might start crashing servers. This is before considering all the work that would go into making a formula that works as well as vanilla leaf decay on such a larger scale per tree.

MeliodasWrath

Aug 27, 2019
the UK *sips tea*
Fortune works 100%. The idea that they only decay of the cobble is removed i DO like, but would make fortune-ing it all mildly annoying but I still think if they added it it would be very worth it. Of the one or so dev(s) working on skyblock, making a timer to convert a plant (deadbush) into a tree with a random height and set easily once-calculatable block generation around it is much easier server-side than running a custom randomized formula for each of those many blocks individually, and the calculation of 10 islands having decaying trees at once or even one with a very large tree farm (one guy on the discord has a ridiculous one for glowstone trees) might start crashing servers. This is before considering all the work that would go into making a formula that works as well as vanilla leaf decay on such a larger scale per tree.
Okay, this is the only solution though. You can't really make you mine it faster since no tool mines it even with efficiency, and haste could easily be abused

AlperenSV

Novice Member
Jan 21, 2017
I agree. This is a real pain. Even mining with fortune pickaxe is not worth it. This feature makes this game very... very boring. I had to spend 5 hours to finish 10.000 glowstone quest

Reactions: MeliodasWrath
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Heya, after a good while years having not appreciated sleep a lot, have I learned things. I have most of the times seen it as a hindrance to things such as relations and projects. But after years I realised that you need to sleep to be well. Both physically and mentally. When I also realized that I could work better and more efficiently, did I try to get more sleep. That reminds me, I need to sleep now hah XD
Eli wrote on marshduck11's profile.
I like your profile picture
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Thank you so mush for everything

I know i am late bc i didn't realize that you have left the team sadly we see the better one go ..
Will be announcing the giveaway winner within the next 2 hours or so.
Reesle wrote on Cloudiefly's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂 ☁️
Top Bottom