Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
Present Rush

I've been playing a lot of Present Rush lately, I really enjoy the game and I'm currently grinding for the leaderboards. But I think the game has some flaws, so I'm going to suggest some changes be made to Present Rush. These changes are more QOL changes, and less about changing the core gameplay loop. Ideally these changes should be implemented this year, but if they're not, there's always next year to implement them.

Fall Damage

Yes I know what you're likely thinking; Present Rush has fall damage? Yes, it has fall damage! You take fall damage in Present Rush if you jump off the upper layers of the map. Thing is, you lose a lot of fuel when you take fall damage. The amount of fuel you lose is also really inconsistent and seams somewhat random. The solution to this is to just remove fall damage from Present Rush.

Map Decay

Map decay is a really cool concept and is quite fun, however it has one huge flaw. The map can decay right in front of your base. This makes it extremely difficult to access your base, especially if you're on mobile, or if your just bad a t parkour. Even worse is that the map only decays in front of certain bases, making the game unfair for certain teams. The solution to this is to just make it so the map cannot decay in front of any base. Making the game fairer and more fun!

Bases

I noticed that a lot of newer players will enter the wrong base, as they don't understand which base is theirs. There is already a solution to this in the game, the golden marker. This marker displays which base is yours, but I don't think it's enough. My solution is to make it so you can only enter your own base. That way it will be harder to get confused as to which base is yours. This could also be accompanied with some text in chat along the lines of "You cannot enter another players base".

Edit

I've thought of another idea for Present Rush, currently Present Rush doesn't display win streak statistics. Despite them being added to other games recently. So, why not add win streaks to Present Rush, to give even more reason to grind the game.

Edit to the edit: Win streak stats were just added to Present Rush.

Edit 2

Shoes should be in Present Rush. You should be able to equip shoes to use in Present Rush. They don't impact gameplay, but they do add extra customisation to Present Rush!

Outro

I'm glad Present Rush has returned after all these years, but it could do with some refinements. I also think that it won't be as successful as Colony Control was. As Present Rush is only getting about 10%-20% of the player counts of Snowman Survival, whereas Colony Control would get about 80% of Snowman Survival's player count. I hope all three of them return for winter next year.

Last edited:

Salty_Shadows

Forum Expert
May 25, 2020
Underground
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Present Rush

I've been playing a lot of Present Rush lately, I really enjoy the game and I'm currently grinding for the leaderboards. But I think the game has some flaws, so I'm going to suggest some changes be made to Present Rush. These changes are more QOL changes, and less about changing the core gameplay loop. Ideally these changes should be implemented this year, but if they're not, there's always next year to implement them.

Fall Damage

Yes I know what you're likely thinking; Present Rush has fall damage? Yes, it has fall damage! You take fall damage in Present Rush if you jump off the upper layers of the map. Thing is, you lose a lot of fuel when you take fall damage. The amount of fuel you lose is also really inconsistent and seams somewhat random. The solution to this is to just remove fall damage from Present Rush.

Map Decay

Map decay is a really cool concept and is quite fun, however it has one huge flaw. The map can decay right in front of your base. This makes it extremely difficult to access your base, especially if you're on mobile, or if your just bad a t parkour. Even worse is that the map only decays in front of certain bases, making the game unfair for certain teams. The solution to this is to just make it so the map cannot decay in front of any base. Making the game fairer and more fun!

Bases

I noticed that a lot of newer players will enter the wrong base, as they don't understand which base is theirs. There is already a solution to this in the game, the golden marker. This marker displays which base is yours, but I don't think it's enough. My solution is to make it so you can only enter your own base. That way it will be harder to get confused as to which base is yours. This could also be accompanied with some text in chat along the lines of "You cannot enter another players base".

Edit

I've thought of another idea for Present Rush, currently Present Rush doesn't display win streak statistics. Despite them being added to other games recently. So, why not add win streaks to Present Rush, to give even more reason to grind the game.

Outro

I'm glad Present Rush has returned after all these years, but it could do with some refinements. I also think that it won't be as successful as Colony Control was. As Present Rush is only getting about 10%-20% of the player counts of Snowman Survival, whereas Colony Control would get about 80% of Snowman Survival's player count. I hope all three of them return for winter next year.

The only reason why colony didnt return was because migrating it was going to take time and they didnt want to spend that time on it instead they coded Present rush for bedrock

Reactions: Dualninja

Critly

Forum Expert
May 23, 2018
Poland but live in Belgium
I definitely agree with the map decay feature. When I was playing yesterday, all blocks in front of my base were pretty much gone while I'm still a PC player, doing parkour with speed 2 isn't as easy. I can see how hard this could be for players on other platforms. Totally agree this should get some kind of a change.

Reactions: Dualninja

Reesle

Forum Expert
May 25, 2022
Canada
Only thing I disagree with is removing fall damage. I really like the other ideas though. I’m still gonna vote agree because if fall damage gets removed it’s not that big a deal for me.

Joeyfoxo

Jul 24, 2017
The map decaying infront of your base makes it harder by design which if your running around fast i see how it can possibly get annoying if you dont like parkour etc,

With players going to the wrong base i definitely think a stop could be implemented to stop players however i think allowing players to go to the wrong base is good as it punishes the player and makes them learn about the marker.

lesscraft

Dec 1, 2022
Pronouns
He/Him
The map decaying infront of your base makes it harder by design which if your running around fast i see how it can possibly get annoying if you dont like parkour etc,

With players going to the wrong base i definitely think a stop could be implemented to stop players however i think allowing players to go to the wrong base is good as it punishes the player and makes them learn about the marker.
What I don't like is that they go to my base and steal Fuel

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
If you can

If you can, because they come and hit you and take coal from you, or that's what happened to me.
You can't be hit in your own base. You're invincible in your own base. Which means you can't be hit and you can't take fall damage.

Reactions: Lyriie

Desiderata

Forum Expert
Oct 31, 2023
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/She/They
played present rush today and i 100% agree with all these, especially regarding the map decaying right in front of your base

if anything, it doesn't really help with balancing the game because it became more of like a hindrance/self-sabotage or a consequence of bad RNG to the players that actually interrupts gameplay

i disagree with what you said about fall damage though. we should keep it tbh so we can strategically damage players while getting more fuel

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
played present rush today and i 100% agree with all these, especially regarding the map decaying right in front of your base

if anything, it doesn't really help with balancing the game because it became more of like a hindrance/self-sabotage or a consequence of bad RNG to the players that actually interrupts gameplay

i disagree with what you said about fall damage though. we should keep it tbh so we can strategically damage players while getting more fuel
The main issue with fall damage is that it's also RNG. Especially when you use a leap, I have used a leap in the same spot, and landed in the same spot. once I took no fall damage, the other time I lost 15 fuel. It also makes North Pole really annoying, because it's the only map where you can't negate all fall damage by crouching.

About fall damage being used to make people lose fuel, that's also RNG. The fuel doesn't disappear, you just drop it, but if you drop fuel near the edge of the map, it's a 50/50 chance whether it's going in to the void or not. This is especially bad on North Pole, as you take the most fall damage on that map and it has a huge void.

Fall damage is even weirder in your own base, you're not supposed to be able to take damage in your own base, but if you leap in to your base at a weird angle, you can lose up to 25 fuel. But since other people can enter your base, they can then steal all of that fuel.

Desiderata

Forum Expert
Oct 31, 2023
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/She/They
The main issue with fall damage is that it's also RNG. Especially when you use a leap, I have used a leap in the same spot, and landed in the same spot. once I took no fall damage, the other time I lost 15 fuel. It also makes North Pole really annoying, because it's the only map where you can't negate all fall damage by crouching.

About fall damage being used to make people lose fuel, that's also RNG. The fuel doesn't disappear, you just drop it, but if you drop fuel near the edge of the map, it's a 50/50 chance whether it's going in to the void or not. This is especially bad on North Pole, as you take the most fall damage on that map and it has a huge void.

Fall damage is even weirder in your own base, you're not supposed to be able to take damage in your own base, but if you leap in to your base at a weird angle, you can lose up to 25 fuel. But since other people can enter your base, they can then steal all of that fuel.
if that's so, they should make leap more consistent

Reactions: Reesle
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

parent calling you halfway through pvp is the worst debuff you could ever get
Take back what I said earlier, the Infected Wolf spider from grounded is terrifying
This is fr me during bedwars
RDT_20240427_1241257018540164098121553.png
I'm here!
(i'm everywhere)
Top Bottom