Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
My friend and I would get different types of bows. I'd get a punch bow because I'm a better shot and he'd get a power bow.

It's a game, so why should we worry about how other people play. I can't "just deal with" this update because it's introduced almost everything I've gone against. It ruins the game for me.

The colored blocks and armor mean you can't be sneaky. There's no stealth factor anymore.

I guess I should clarify about the controversy. There have been many updates. In the time since I joined the forum, I have not seen nearly as much backlash as this. I hope that Cubecraft realizes they are going to lose many players if something isn't done about this update.

I'd gladly go into more detail. Ask me what to clarify and I'll explain.

You and your friend get different bow. Pretty much sums it up. You have a cooperative team mate, which you'll rarely find.

~

Camping is something I'm against, but it's still playable. But it's extremely hard to deal with. This update is playable. But I don't understand how this ruins every thing. A lot of the people who hate this update simply because of the respawn timer, higher price for punch bow, and enderpearl have practically mentioned no reason for it. (Besides respawn timer, but I think majority of our points on it has already gone through).

~

Colored armor, if some player doesn't realize that a player has a different colored name, than it's their lost. With this colored armor, I'm not against it, but I'm not for it. It just makes things more obvious than it already is. Colored blocks, I agree they should add back normal sandstone, and probably keep these new blocks.

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
You and your friend get different bow. Pretty much sums it up. You have a cooperative team mate, which you'll rarely find.

~

Camping is something I'm against, but it's still playable. But it's extremely hard to deal with. This update is playable. But I don't understand how this ruins every thing. A lot of the people who hate this update simply because of the respawn timer, higher price for punch bow, and enderpearl have practically mentioned no reason for it. (Besides respawn timer, but I think majority of our points on it has already gone through).

~

Colored armor, if some player doesn't realize that a player has a different colored name, than it's their lost. With this colored armor, I'm not against it, but I'm not for it. It just makes things more obvious than it already is. Colored blocks, I agree they should add back normal sandstone, and probably keep these new blocks.

I don't hate everything about this update, it's just that the bad things outweigh the good.

E-pearls, yes they make camping harder, but they are so unbalanced. You don't have to build a bridge, you can just teleport to the other island. I think that's too OP for normal.

The punch bow isn't that hard to counter. If you aren't careful running across a bridge, you'll get shot. If you don't want to get bowspammed, buy a shield.

The respawn timer gives you no chance if you're outgeared when someone attacks your island. If you can't deal with two nakeds punching you as you break the egg, you shouldn't have attacked. Who doesn't bring backup armor?

The fact that people can't tell what team you're on is good. You used to have to be careful, and observe nametags. Now it's blatantly obvious what team you're on.

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
I don't hate everything about this update, it's just that the bad things outweigh the good.

E-pearls, yes they make camping harder, but they are so unbalanced. You don't have to build a bridge, you can just teleport to the other island. I think that's too OP for normal.

The punch bow isn't that hard to counter. If you aren't careful running across a bridge, you'll get shot. If you don't want to get bowspammed, buy a shield.

The respawn timer gives you no chance if you're outgeared when someone attacks your island. If you can't deal with two nakeds punching you as you break the egg, you shouldn't have attacked. Who doesn't bring backup armor?

The fact that people can't tell what team you're on is good. You used to have to be careful, and observe nametags. Now it's blatantly obvious what team you're on.
That's your opinion. In our opinion, there is barely any negatives.

Of course to get an e-pearl you have to camp for 10 minutes to buy everything you need. All it does is save time. If you want to build a bridge instead of use an e-pearl, go right ahead, no one will stop you (except all the bow spamming campers which is why the e-pearl was added)

Except that a shield was twice as expensive as a bow so you would get bow spammed since you couldn't afford to buy one.

Well you are kinda meant to lose if you are out geared, not sure why you are complaining on that one. The timer wasn't added for the teams of 2, it was added to help people attack teams of 4+ in which it was next to impossible to block up.

Only if you are in leather. Either buy better gear or don't wear any if it means that much to you. Easy as that.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Okay so what I understand from this thread is that people are salty because they can't sneak up on other people or teams anymore.
Considering how the Punch bow's price got increased and they added Ender pearls it's most likely going to result into less campers.
Meaning that people won't have to be that stealthy anymore to infiltrate someone's base.
Simply buy an E-Pearl or build full yolo to their base. The chances that your enemy now has a punch bow are way less.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Now if you can't deal with this amazing update. Mostly influenced by the forums community. Then too bad.
Try new strategies. Improve your own strategies or invent new ones. Eggwars will not likely going to be changed back.
Now if you can excuse me, I'm going back to my game of Cringewars.

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
Okay so what I understand from this thread is that people are salty because they can't sneak up on other people or teams anymore.
Considering how the Punch bow's price got increased and they added Ender pearls it's most likely going to result into less campers.
Meaning that people won't have to be that stealthy anymore to infiltrate someone's base.
Simply buy an E-Pearl or build full yolo to their base. The chances that your enemy now has a punch bow are way less.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Now if you can't deal with this amazing update. Mostly influenced by the forums community. Then too bad.
Try new strategies. Improve your own strategies or invent new ones. Eggwars will not likely going to be changed back.
Now if you can excuse me, I'm going back to my game of Cringewars.
This update makes it more encouraging to camp. Why bother building to an enemy base when you can't do it without being detected, and you can just isolate yourself and buy pearls to get everywhere?

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
I only play two player. Maybe if they removed the timer on two player? That MIGHT convince me to come back, but this update's still pretty bad.

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
Well you are kinda meant to lose if you are out geared, not sure why you are complaining on that one. The timer wasn't added for the teams of 2, it was added to help people attack teams of 4+ in which it was next to impossible to block up.
The timer doesn't help against teams of 4+. Lets say you go an island with 4 players on it, and the enemy team starts fighting you around their egg. If you're alone you can only kill one at a time, so by the time you kill them all some will respawn and come back. It's not like the timer means you kill them one at a time, and they all stay dead until 3 seconds after you kill the last one.

Reactions: CommandantSlime

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Bedwars is faked of eggwars
*GommaHD
secondly the new "texturepack" is laggy as "heck" I cant even have a decent pvp fight;
I have to admit that I really don't know why they did add that and didn't just use the map trick for the generators
Third> I like the coloured clay blocks. It makes the game unique, if you want to sneak into A base, you can always buy blocks that can buy everyone
^^
I also want to add that people complaining about that
what I want to point out is most of the people are band wagoning
1. when was the last time you build over to another team and they didn't know if you were on their team or not? likely happened at max 2 or 3 times
2. So bedwars has coloured blocks and nobody gives a dang about them so nobody should give a dang about these either
Fourth> I haven't any lag with the new update and I have a bad computer with 30fps. I don't how it can that it so laggy for you.
texture packs are like that

and finally you say oh the shop sucks yeah that doesn't help anyone be specific please

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
This update makes it more encouraging to camp. Why bother building to an enemy base when you can't do it without being detected, and you can just isolate yourself and buy pearls to get everywhere?

Yet the types of players will probably remain the same. Campers will try to camp. Rushers will rush. It's just changed slightly. If someone is going to camp, you can now have a chance to actually get in.

I only play two player. Maybe if they removed the timer on two player? That MIGHT convince me to come back, but this update's still pretty bad.

And why should Cube do it for you.

The timer doesn't help against teams of 4+. Lets say you go an island with 4 players on it, and the enemy team starts fighting you around their egg. If you're alone you can only kill one at a time, so by the time you kill them all some will respawn and come back. It's not like the timer means you kill them one at a time, and they all stay dead until 3 seconds after you kill the last one.

Again, you will finally get a higher chance of actually breaking the egg. Even if you were alone.

Reactions: TheBrownster

Baploon

Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2016
First> Bedwars is faked of eggwars. Without the idea of cubecraft there wasn't bedwars. I find it an original idea.
CubeCraft
Screenshot_2017-06-18-23-11-18.png

GommeHD (bedwars)
Screenshot_2017-06-18-23-10-13.png

Reactions: CommunistCactus

Baploon

Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2016
It does Not matter, if a server had this First or not. Cubecraft was the First server with 'eggwars' and hypixel has stolen this. Why should it be Not allowed for taking anything what we need?
Yes hypixel has stolen bedwars so? you can say it isn't original but Hylixel bedwars has more players then cubes eggwars

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
but it's not instant so you have time to focus on other players. That is the entire point of the timer!!!! So it's not instant!!

Ahs_Master

Apr 16, 2017
In my studio
www.youtube.com
I'm sorry but what were you guys thinking? This is basically like a rip off of Bedwars now, first of all remove the ugly clay blocks and bring back the sandstone; it was fun sneaking into other bases and concealing yourself in sandstone; now it just got easier for the enemy to camp and they can see if you're breaking the egg or not by the different colored horrid clay blocks. secondly the new "texturepack" is laggy as "heck" I cant even have a decent pvp fight; think about the people with horrid wifi and computers. It was nice as well when we only had one colored leather armor (the normal leather armor) because sometimes the enemy would get confused and mistake you as their own; which was nice when you needed to sneak into another base to break an egg. Ugh it's so bad the "better" shop is just confusing as "heck"; just bring in new maps and let eggwars be; eggwars got its reputation for being eggwars not being a copy of bedwars; even though this it is the original "beddwars." Anyways, bring the old back it got too laggy and the clay blocks make me want to vomit.
I like this update SOOO much!!!
And BTW i suggested the respawntimer and im HAPPY to see my suggestion in the game ITSELF!!

☩Mgoz☩

Nov 15, 2015
[QUOTE="Third> "I like the coloured clay blocks. It makes the game unique"

I'd love to know how that is unique. Certainly not copying the different coloured wool from bedwars. I cant tell the difference between blue and purple clay. Such as disappointing update for those who have played this gamemode for so long. I feel i must now quite eggwars, this new update has ruined it.

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
So you're assuming Cube doesn't care about it's community even though this new update was pretty much based off player suggestions over the last few months?

If the majority didn't like these ideas, they wouldn't have been implemented. But considering the huge amount if support majority of these threads for these suggestions receive, I would say otherwise.

EDIT: So I actually bothered to look for statistics for those who keep saying the same thing, "Majority of the community doesn't like the update."

66 people who responded to the thread liked the update.

57 people liked the thread.

8 moderators and 2 helpers liked the update. (By responding)

9 people made post that are either irrelevant, or stand in between.

7 people disliked the update.

My figures may be off, but I doubt by many. So yea, stop making assumptions just because you see ~11 threads discussing the update.
So, there are just 149 people who react to it? That's not even half of the people who play on eggwars..There are at the moment as im writing this, 662 people in all the lobbys together... And not all the eggwars players are online, but to keep it easy, let's say 1500 are all the players who are playing eggwars. That means, 1300 people hasn't say if its good. So, who says, the community really want this update?

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
Well this update was based on what the community wanted, so that's a thing.
Yeah, the 150 people who told their opnion about the update being good on the topic maded, but the rest of the community of Eggwars, hasn't given their opinion yet.. And why would people make a topic (before the update) that they don't want 'better' gens, that they don't want the speed removed at speed eggwars, that they don't want colourd blocks / armor. Nobody wi'll make a topic with things they don't want. If there comes a update, yeah, then people can say they don't want speed removed at speed eggwars. But before the update nobody's gonna say that they don't want speed removed.

Emmy

Jun 29, 2016
CandyCove
So I understand some people are very upset about the recent update. Although they are not going about it in the correct way, and a lot of the problems are easily fixable. For starters, everyone needs to take a step back and look at Egg Wars, Cubecraft Egg Wars. Not looking at Egg Wars and Bed Wars, or Hypixel and Cubecraft. That is probably the biggest problem. Now the shop, it can be changed back in your villager settings. The clay and glass, as well as armor all are new parts of the update. They all make it easy to identify what team you are on. That defiantly changes the game, and makes you rethink strategy. If there is something you feel should be changed asap, instead of making a rant thread here. It would be more productive to make a nice and well worded suggestion in the the "Suggestion" threads. This is not accomplishing anything, and is a bit immature.

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
So, there are just 149 people who react to it? That's not even half of the people who play on eggwars..There are at the moment as im writing this, 662 people in all the lobbys together... And not all the eggwars players are online, but to keep it easy, let's say 1500 are all the players who are playing eggwars. That means, 1300 people hasn't say if its good. So, who says, the community really want this update?
so then why aren't all those players on the forums giving their opinions? If they aren't joining and complaining about the update, that must mean they are completely fine with the update. The people who are on the forums are the ones voicing their opinions. And since those are the only people doing so, they will be listened to.

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Heya, after a good while years having not appreciated sleep a lot, have I learned things. I have most of the times seen it as a hindrance to things such as relations and projects. But after years I realised that you need to sleep to be well. Both physically and mentally. When I also realized that I could work better and more efficiently, did I try to get more sleep. That reminds me, I need to sleep now hah XD
Eli wrote on marshduck11's profile.
I like your profile picture
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Thank you so mush for everything

I know i am late bc i didn't realize that you have left the team sadly we see the better one go ..
Will be announcing the giveaway winner within the next 2 hours or so.
Reesle wrote on Cloudiefly's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂 ☁️
Top Bottom