Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
Lmao you're making a deal about glass? Main while the whole eggwars is ruined.
Because stained glass is dogshit. The whole point of glass is to be clear, but stained glass stands out like a confederate flag at a yankees game. The respawn timer is 3 seconds, that's good tbh. They finally made underdasea live up to its potential, that's good. Making the punch bow 25 diamonds is okay. The shop update is good, not that game breaking. More maps is good. But it's the colored blocks and colored armor that are the most drastic change and they drastically change the game.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
Because stained glass is dogshit. The whole point of glass is to be clear, but stained glass stands out like a confederate flag at a yankees game. The respawn timer is 3 seconds, that's good tbh. They finally made underdasea live up to its potential, that's good. Making the punch bow 25 diamonds is okay. The shop update is good, not that game breaking. More maps is good. But it's the colored blocks and colored armor that are the most drastic change and they drastically change the game.
Who even uses glass to build? And when they do, it is still so easy to spot them because glass is not hard to see unless you are using clear glass texture pack (your fault for making the game harder on yourself).

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
Who even uses glass to build? And when they do, it is still so easy to spot them because glass is not hard to see unless you are using clear glass texture pack (your fault for making the game harder on yourself).
It actually works very well to build a bridge in the sky. If you were to do that with sandstone there would be a very obvious pillar coming out of wherever you started that everyone would see. And glass is easy to see up close, but from farther away it gets pretty hard to see unless you have a texture pack that makes it black or something.

Reactions: CommandantSlime

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
It actually works very well to build a bridge in the sky. If you were to do that with sandstone there would be a very obvious pillar coming out of wherever you started that everyone would see. And glass is easy to see up close, but from farther away it gets pretty hard to see unless you have a texture pack that makes it black or something.
I have semi clear glass (only boarders visible) and even with a quick glance I easily see a glass pillar and if I look up the bridge is extremely obvious. And the amount of people who do this is extremely low. On average, I see maybe one person do this every 20 games or so. Then I kill them. :P

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
I have semi clear glass (only boarders visible) and even with a quick glance I easily see a glass pillar and if I look up the bridge is extremely obvious. And the amount of people who do this is extremely low. On average, I see maybe one person do this every 20 games or so. Then I kill them. :p
I'm not saying it's invisible, I get seen when I do it. But it works well enough that I've been accused of fly hacking after doing it xD. And it works great when a team is distracted. The only thing that removing glass does is now instead of trying glass bridges, people like me are just gonna be more inclined midcamp and sit on diamond gens until we get pearls.

Reactions: CommandantSlime

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Personally I see very little that's wrong with the update. I think the majority of those who don't like the update are getting pissed off about respawn time, higher bow price, and enderpearl in normal mode. But then again we needed ways to actually combat campers and not waste hours doing so. We could play speed, but it's not the same as a 30 minute Eggwars or possibly one hour. But if a game is going on for a hour because of campers, something's gotta be done about it. Otherwise the game mode is pretty much the same. Get over it. The game isn't ruined, stop raging, 'deal with it.'

As for this thread, I don't see anything wrong with the color of the armor. If a player doesn't realize that a player isn't in there team, even though the name color is kinda obvious. Might as well /leave.

Color blocks, not a big fan of.

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
4052270[1].jpg

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
I'm not saying it's invisible, I get seen when I do it. But it works well enough that I've been accused of fly hacking after doing it xD. And it works great when a team is distracted. The only thing that removing glass does is now instead of trying glass bridges, people like me are just gonna be more inclined midcamp and sit on diamond gens until we get pearls.
Which maps even require skybridging? Under da sea was the only one that I would even consider doing that on but with the amazing changes to it, no need to skybridge. And with the increase price of punch bows, you can build straight to them safely later in the game.
Well yeah we will. Bedwars and a higher rank on hypixel here I come.

Jk lol, eggwars and cubecraft are still great, but "Deal with it" isn't a valid argument because it can be used for or against anything.
Still a bit funny though :p

Reactions: Deeds

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Well yeah we will. Bedwars and a higher rank on hypixel here I come.

Jk lol, eggwars and cubecraft are still great, but "Deal with it" isn't a valid argument because it can be used for or against anything.

My point exactly. So I don't see why a certain person kept making that argument in the thread about dealing with mid campers before this update. I would also like to mention that certain person is also complaining about this update that supposedly ruined the game.

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
Which maps even require skybridging? Under da sea was the only one that I would even consider doing that on but with the amazing changes to it, no need to skybridge. And with the increase price of punch bows, you can build straight to them safely later in the game.
No map REQUIRES it, it just helps. Teaparty, dwarven, garden, treehouse are all maps where it works great.

Reactions: TheBrownster

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
If people like the update they are going to be out there PLAYING THE UPDATE. And have you even looked at the release page? Look at all comments saying they love it and all the likes it has received. Way more than any of these threads have received.
Yeah because they want to keep the update and we know CubeCraft ain't gonna do a single thing about it, how much people hate or love the update

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Yeah because they want to keep the update and we know CubeCraft ain't gonna do a single thing about it, how much people hate or love the update

So you're assuming Cube doesn't care about it's community even though this new update was pretty much based off player suggestions over the last few months?

If the majority didn't like these ideas, they wouldn't have been implemented. But considering the huge amount if support majority of these threads for these suggestions receive, I would say otherwise.

EDIT: So I actually bothered to look for statistics for those who keep saying the same thing, "Majority of the community doesn't like the update."

66 people who responded to the thread liked the update.

57 people liked the thread.

8 moderators and 2 helpers liked the update. (By responding)

9 people made post that are either irrelevant, or stand in between.

7 people disliked the update.

My figures may be off, but I doubt by many. So yea, stop making assumptions just because you see ~11 threads discussing the update.

Last edited:

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
Personally I see very little that's wrong with the update. I think the majority of those who don't like the update are getting pissed off about respawn time, higher bow price, and enderpearl in normal mode. But then again we needed ways to actually combat campers and not waste hours doing so. We could play speed, but it's not the same as a 30 minute Eggwars or possibly one hour. But if a game is going on for a hour because of campers, something's gotta be done about it. Otherwise the game mode is pretty much the same. Get over it. The game isn't ruined, stop raging, 'deal with it.'

As for this thread, I don't see anything wrong with the color of the armor. If a player doesn't realize that a player isn't in there team, even though the name color is kinda obvious. Might as well /leave.

Color blocks, not a big fan of.
My point exactly. So I don't see why a certain person kept making that argument in the thread about dealing with mid campers before this update. I would also like to mention that certain person is also complaining about this update that supposedly ruined the game.

That person is me for anyone who was wondering. Now, it's easy to ignore campers. We can beat them. Glass skybridges are one of the best ways to beat campers. It's not easy to ignore an update that totally ruins your strategy in an attempt to stop a problem that doesn't need attention. They added e-pearls to normal and increased the price of punch bows to stop camping. I don't have a problem with campers. Mid or base, doesn't matter. They aren't problems.

I'm usually a polite person, but here's what I've been wanting to say to people who say campers are what's ruining eggwars:

Campers are easy to deal with. If you get mad at them for trying to delay their loss, your the one who sucks. People who complain are what's ruining eggwars. They complain and complain and complain! Then we get terrible updates like this! So, if you have a problem with campers, don't talk to me. I spent about a minute trying to think of an insult but decided I wouldn't say anything too rude. Why? Because I don't want to get in trouble. Anyways, as I was saying, Just leave. Don't talk to me about campers. They aren't the real problem.

Also, I played eggwars because of how it was. I didn't like bedwars because of the items and gameplay, and this update has turned eggwars into bedwars. Unless this update is removed or fixed (somehow, I honestly don't know how they could fix eggwars without removing this update) I don't want to play eggwars ever again. It's utterly ruined my favorite game.

Finally, a question: Why is there so much controversy over this update. If so many people wanted it, why do so many people hate it? If Cubecraft based this update on commonly requested features, why did they ignore all the people who didn't want these things? This update is going to cause more player loss, and eggwars doesn't need that. It's already lost enough player to bedwars. The people who stayed stayed because eggwars wasn't bedwars. Now there's almost no difference, so why should people like me still play eggwars?

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
That person is me for anyone who was wondering. Now, it's easy to ignore campers. We can beat them. Glass skybridges are one of the best ways to beat campers. It's not easy to ignore an update that totally ruins your strategy in an attempt to stop a problem that doesn't need attention. They added e-pearls to normal and increased the price of punch bows to stop camping. I don't have a problem with campers. Mid or base, doesn't matter. They aren't problems.

I'm usually a polite person, but here's what I've been wanting to say to people who say campers are what's ruining eggwars:

Campers are easy to deal with. If you get mad at them for trying to delay their loss, your the one who sucks. People who complain are what's ruining eggwars. They complain and complain and complain! Then we get terrible updates like this! So, if you have a problem with campers, don't talk to me. I spent about a minute trying to think of an insult but decided I wouldn't say anything too rude. Why? Because I don't want to get in trouble. Anyways, as I was saying, Just leave. Don't talk to me about campers. They aren't the real problem.

Also, I played eggwars because of how it was. I didn't like bedwars because of the items and gameplay, and this update has turned eggwars into bedwars. Unless this update is removed or fixed (somehow, I honestly don't know how they could fix eggwars without removing this update) I don't want to play eggwars ever again. It's utterly ruined my favorite game.

Finally, a question: Why is there so much controversy over this update. If so many people wanted it, why do so many people hate it? If Cubecraft based this update on commonly requested features, why did they ignore all the people who didn't want these things? This update is going to cause more player loss, and eggwars doesn't need that. It's already lost enough player to bedwars. The people who stayed stayed because eggwars wasn't bedwars. Now there's almost no difference, so why should people like me still play eggwars?
You say people 'complain' and that's what ruins eggwars as your go around complaining. To your point about ignoring what some people wanted, any suggestion ever implemented anywhere to anything will go against what someone else wanted. It is impossible to please everyone. That is why you go with the majority. In this case, the vast majority wanted this suggestions and they were implemented. Sorry that you don't like it, but they aren't going to change a much more widely liked update just so a few people are happy. Just not going to happen.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
@CommandantSlime

The update did not make your strategy utterly useless. It's now more easily counterable. You don't have a problem with campers, but the majority of the community does. We can't do all you can do. Increased price bow means people will now notice the other bow, even if it's by a bit. Before this update I doubt anyone really got a power bow over a punch bow. I don't want the game to become punch-bow-abuse-wars. Collecting diamonds to get a ended pearl still takes time, so?

Campers are easy to deal with. For you. Once again you demonstrate the 'deal with it' attitude. Does that help or solve anything? Like you mention, it's a block game. It's not a real life situation where it's really that important. Then why are you worrying so much and making a big fuss about this update? Because you like Eggwars and don't want to see it go to pieces. The same thing I and several other people have been trying to point out about campers and mid campers. Just noticed that Brownster made a comment before I did, so I'll pop it in because it's really good.

You say people 'complain' and that's what ruins eggwars as your go around complaining. To your point about ignoring what some people wanted, any suggestion ever implemented anywhere to anything will go against what someone else wanted. It is impossible to please everyone. That is why you go with the majority. In this case, the vast majority wanted this suggestions and they were implemented. Sorry that you don't like it, but they aren't going to change a much more widely liked update just so a few people are happy. Just not going to happen.

I don't see how the game mode is like bed wars. Sure Cube adds several vanity and GUI changes, and you guys go to pieces over this. Any server can add this. Heck, Cube even has this colored armor in Blockwars. Before Bedwars, why aren't you complaining about that? Because it doesn't matter.

There is controversy on this topic because people have opinions. It's not like math where you can easily prove 1+1=2. This is the world. Why do you think it's like this? Opinions, duh.

I also like to point out to you haters. You guys practically say the same thing over and over. Even when a new argument is provided to you guys, you guys repeat the same thing. Can you at least go into more depths?

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
@CommandantSlime

The update did not make your strategy utterly useless. It's now more easily counterable. You don't have a problem with campers, but the majority of the community does. We can't do all you can do. Increased price bow means people will now notice the other bow, even if it's by a bit. Before this update I doubt anyone really got a power bow over a punch bow. I don't want the game to become punch-bow-abuse-wars. Collecting diamonds to get a ended pearl still takes time, so?

Campers are easy to deal with. For you. Once again you demonstrate the 'deal with it' attitude. Does that help or solve anything? Like you mention, it's a block game. It's not a real life situation where it's really that important. Then why are you worrying so much and making a big fuss about this update? Because you like Eggwars and don't want to see it go to pieces. The same thing I and several other people have been trying to point out about campers and mid campers. Just noticed that Brownster made a comment before I did, so I'll pop it in because it's really good.

I don't see how the game mode is like bed wars. Sure Cube adds several vanity and GUI changes, and you guys go to pieces over this. Any server can add this. Heck, Cube even has this colored armor in Blockwars. Before Bedwars, why aren't you complaining about that? Because it doesn't matter.

There is controversy on this topic because people have opinions. It's not like math where you can easily prove 1+1=2. This is the world. Why do you think it's like this? Opinions, duh.

I also like to point out to you haters. You guys practically say the same thing over and over. Even when a new argument is provided to you guys, you guys repeat the same thing. Can you at least go into more depths?

My friend and I would get different types of bows. I'd get a punch bow because I'm a better shot and he'd get a power bow.

It's a game, so why should we worry about how other people play. I can't "just deal with" this update because it's introduced almost everything I've gone against. It ruins the game for me.

The colored blocks and armor mean you can't be sneaky. There's no stealth factor anymore.

I guess I should clarify about the controversy. There have been many updates. In the time since I joined the forum, I have not seen nearly as much backlash as this. I hope that Cubecraft realizes they are going to lose many players if something isn't done about this update.

I'd gladly go into more detail. Ask me what to clarify and I'll explain.

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
My friend and I would get different types of bows. I'd get a punch bow because I'm a better shot and he'd get a power bow.

It's a game, so why should we worry about how other people play. I can't "just deal with" this update because it's introduced almost everything I've gone against. It ruins the game for me.

The colored blocks and armor mean you can't be sneaky. There's no stealth factor anymore.

I guess I should clarify about the controversy. There have been many updates. In the time since I joined the forum, I have not seen nearly as much backlash as this. I hope that Cubecraft realizes they are going to lose many players if something isn't done about this update.

I'd gladly go into more detail. Ask me what to clarify and I'll explain.
Explain everything please. It is only a small percentage of the total server population that actually doesn't agree with this. So if you stop playing, it's not going to change much at all.

Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday!
me after realizing my uncle started watching jjk: 😨💀
UncleSpect wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Hiiii xSchulzis! :D
UncleSpect wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on WolfX's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom