• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

awesomebutter234

Jun 12, 2016
Green=Abood
Black=Butter

I will answer that :D
First off i joined around 3 weeks of youtubers making vids about eggwars, well before the OP and hardcore got added
Then when op got added it changed everything for me :D, first off i am way better in op mode because i always fall from high areas which normally result in death but Prot 5 Boots save me so many times
Um dude this does fall under the category that you need to improve rather than have op as your crutch. :/(how in the world do you fall from that high?)

, everything is much cheaper before it was kind of hard to get a lot of steak without moneybags but now it is so easy!
With the other modes you learn how to live withouth steak in the first few minutes, and even then people ussually have some sort of preparation phase before they start to attack, where they buy steak and weapons.(unless you rush in which case carrots ftw)

same goes for sandstone now in op i can rush to mid with one grab of iron,
In normal you can do it in two grabs, not much of a difference.

I am one of those bow spammers :oops: but i used to do it before op because i sucked at 1.8 PvP and archery was and is my best skill, i usually am able to shoot a player off his bridge from another island :D which angers them :p,

Again not a reason to like op since you can do the same in normal.

but op or not i will still use my bow more often (except for Hardcore there is no punch), shields got added so it isn't that bad, ender pearls exists which is a way to stop campers,

i like breaking other peoples armor but if it was diamond armor i would focus on breaking their shield to end the fight much faster,
Okay breaking someones shield will not end an OP fight faster unless you plan to bow spam which in turn takes 0% skill. Also what's so fun about breaking armor, all it does is artificially increase how long you live, ignoring how skilled you are since you will just end up spamming.

what are things i usually get
Leather armor (prot 5), 12 diamond pick, punch bow, arrows, and stone axe until 30 minutes into the game then it is when i really gear up but if i got extra diamonds i will spend it on better gear so maybe 30 minutes into the game you see me with leather armor :p,
I always encounter Targeters because i vote for op (especially other ranked players who voted for something else)

If you have an extra question just ask me ;)

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
Green=Abood
Black=Butter

I will answer that :D
First off i joined around 3 weeks of youtubers making vids about eggwars, well before the OP and hardcore got added
Then when op got added it changed everything for me :D, first off i am way better in op mode because i always fall from high areas which normally result in death but Prot 5 Boots save me so many times
Um dude this does fall under the category that you need to improve rather than have op as your crutch. :/(how in the world do you fall from that high?)

, everything is much cheaper before it was kind of hard to get a lot of steak without moneybags but now it is so easy!
With the other modes you learn how to live without steak in the first few minutes, and even then people usually have some sort of preparation phase before they start to attack, where they buy steak and weapons.(unless you rush in which case carrots ftw)

same goes for sandstone now in op i can rush to mid with one grab of iron,
In normal you can do it in two grabs, not much of a difference.

I am one of those bow spammers :oops: but i used to do it before op because i sucked at 1.8 PvP and archery was and is my best skill, i usually am able to shoot a player off his bridge from another island :D which angers them :p,

Again not a reason to like op since you can do the same in normal.

but op or not i will still use my bow more often (except for Hardcore there is no punch), shields got added so it isn't that bad, ender pearls exists which is a way to stop campers,

i like breaking other peoples armor but if it was diamond armor i would focus on breaking their shield to end the fight much faster,
Okay breaking someones shield will not end an OP fight faster unless you plan to bow spam which in turn takes 0% skill. Also what's so fun about breaking armor, all it does is artificially increase how long you live, ignoring how skilled you are since you will just end up spamming.

what are things i usually get
Leather armor (prot 5), 12 diamond pick, punch bow, arrows, and stone axe until 30 minutes into the game then it is when i really gear up but if i got extra diamonds i will spend it on better gear so maybe 30 minutes into the game you see me with leather armor :p,
I always encounter Targeters because i vote for op (especially other ranked players who voted for something else)

If you have an extra question just ask me ;)
usually in the map treehouse i accidentally fall from the egg to the villager which nearly almost kills me :P

Nope all i get is 3 steak and the rest on building blocks :P after 5 minutes at mid i return then buy my gear, but i personally can play normal but its so weird to me cause i am used to op and the damage you usually take/give

most of the time i get 1 grab and have enough for mid so i let my teammates get gear then when i return i buy myself gear (no one is on the gens anymore just those who afk)

exactly but i use my bow the same amount of time in op and normal but just do it in op a lot more to annoy players "Bow spammer" "wow such a n0ob bow spammer" etc

I sometimes play 1.8 games and 1.9 so the spam click actually makes me better in 1.8 pvp, bow spamming is no skill? oh please can you connect 3 shots in a row to send someone off flying? i know some people who can't even do 2

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
My solution: Make a way to get a sharpness 10-15 (or something like that) sword. So that way even someone who has max diamond armor isn't invincible until their armor breaks. Or reduce the protection enchants to protection 2-3. Or both.

awesomebutter234

Jun 12, 2016
usually in the map treehouse i accidentally fall from the egg to the villager which nearly almost kills me :p
Again that fall would not kill you, and why you jumping off then if you don't need to? You are willingly taking noticeable damage.
Nope all i get is 3 steak and the rest on building blocks :p after 5 minutes at mid i return then buy my gear, but i personally can play normal but its so weird to me cause i am used to op and the damage you usually take/give
Dude another of example of OP making you worse, you are supposed to learn how to fight withouth the safety wall of not being able to be killed due to damage. 3 Steak is enough to get to mid and get 15 diamonds and get out.
most of the time i get 1 grab and have enough for mid so i let my teammates get gear then when i return i buy myself gear (no one is on the gens anymore just those who afk)
Again in normal by the time you are done doing what you need your teamates will be able to get iron to buy stuff with, even if you take both of the gens.
exactly but i use my bow the same amount of time in op and normal but just do it in op a lot more to annoy players "Bow spammer" "wow such a n0ob bow spammer" etc
This is due to bowspam requiring 0% skill and thats something nobody can deny. In op bow spam works, in normal bow spam ussually does not work.
I sometimes play 1.8 games and 1.9 so the spam click actually makes me better in 1.8 pvp, bow spamming is no skill? oh please can you connect 3 shots in a row to send someone off flying? i know some people who can't even do 2
If you want to get better at 1.8 play 1.8 Op then. When you are shooting about 5 arrows around 6 seconds landing at least 2 arrows is not hard up close. It's like saying can you dodge a shotgun from a unexperienced person, yes but it's improbable.

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
Again that fall would not kill you, and why you jumping off then if you don't need to? You are willingly taking noticeable damage.

Dude another of example of OP making you worse, you are supposed to learn how to fight without the safety wall of not being able to be killed due to damage. 3 Steak is enough to get to mid and get 15 diamonds and get out.

Again in normal by the time you are done doing what you need your teammates will be able to get iron to buy stuff with, even if you take both of the gens.

This is due to bowspam requiring 0% skill and thats something nobody can deny. In op bow spam works, in normal bow spam usually does not work.

If you want to get better at 1.8 play 1.8 Op then. When you are shooting about 5 arrows around 6 seconds landing at least 2 arrows is not hard up close. It's like saying can you dodge a shotgun from a unexperienced person, yes but it's improbable.

Well usually it does (since i use crapples as my food if i don't eat it i die)

Safety wall? anyways i do take risks in op, i go to mid NO Gear NO weapon No Pickaxe from the beginning and sometimes wreck people with armor or buy myself time of getting diamonds, when i head back i only get a punch bow if i have extra i get the 12 diamond pickaxe

maybe i did not make myself clear :p when ever i build to mid it is always a staircase (in treehouse the map i play the most) which means i need 26 iron to have enough to reach there sometimes +5 for food but in normal it has to be like 35 iron + 15 for food

it works way better in normal since shield = 30 diamonds and nobody invests that much to just get a shield but as i said it does not matter which gamemode you are in if you can fire 3 arrows and hit the player with all of them you will send them off flying, i just do it more in OP cause it annoys players that saved up for full diamond and just dies

wait a bit i said i played 1.8 pvp but did not say i like it, if i get spam clicked by multiple players i don't like it but if it is a 2v1 or 1v1 i don't mind spam click in fact its like a competition who can aim more better and land all their hits, btw i did not say up close for the bow shots more like quite a distance away (10+ blocks higher)

Anyway its my opinion so some players prefer normal but i prefer OP
mostly because of:
-Cheaper Arrows (slowness and spectral)
-Cheaper Shield
-Ender Pearls
-Sharpness on weapons
-More efficiency on pickaxes (for spleefing :p)
-Cheaper Food
-More blocks
:D

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
-Cheaper Arrows (slowness and spectral)
Two gold is a whole lot more expensive than one apparently...
-Cheaper Shield
Why does this matter?
-Ender Pearls
Insane mode.
-Sharpness on weapons
Nullified by armor.
-More efficiency on pickaxes (for spleefing
Efficiency 3 is more than enough, or just play spleef.
-Cheaper Food
Does this really matter?
-More blocks
Not really...

Reactions: awesomebutter234

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
Also, here's
Factory Mode:

Maps / Players: Same as Current

Gameplay: Rather than having a shop / generators, you have 5 conveyor belts.

- Food

- Blocks

- Armour

- Weapons / Archery

- Special

The conveyors can run on five different fuel types.

- Coal

- Coal Block

- Redstone

- Redstone Block

- Lava

The egg automatically acts as 200 pieces of coal to all generators EXCEPT blocks, which runs independently. The egg is also what helps all four other fuels. Meaning, if your egg is broken every generator except a level 1 blocks generator BREAKS. You could buy higher tiers of stuff with higher levels meaning one higher than the base level gives enchanted gear (Sorry for double post)
Also, adding poll.

XXPie_GuyXX

Apr 30, 2016
I'm an emerald rank lol. Even if a gold wins, i leave. The amount of people leaving OP games lately has gone up and up and up. I remember @Orangeric88 used to love OP mode but now he hates it because it gets boring fast to most people. And OP requires strategy?
(I'm on my phone, insert guy with question marks around head)
OP is all about spamclicking. No skill involved.
It does require strategy for the people who try, you have to know the gear to get with little resources, and kill enemy's with ease. some times it does come down to spamming, but I only spam on hackers or other spammers.

XXPie_GuyXX

Apr 30, 2016
once a
I do enjoy OP mode even though I only joined this year and did not experience the golden age of egg wars but I do agree with most of your points. I know many people say that they cannot win in normal but only in OP and that's because of the camping. I still do thoroughly enjoy OP (I can win games in normal) so I would not really like it removed but the armour needs some nerfing or the weapons need buffing. Maybe they could add some sort of cool down system for the bow due to bow spammers, but that is really the only way to kill people in OP, other than breaking their armour. Hardcore and normal is really good though, and I would prefer to play them over OP on most occasions. Maybe the ender-pearl needs to have a reduced pricing? Or maybe as you said, they should just entirely remove OP. Majority of the server may not support that, but maybe that's the only way to solve this issue.
again, if they don't want to play OP, leave the game, its unfair to completely remove a mode from the people who love it, when all the people who hate it have to do is a simple /leave! and the ender pearls should stay the same price, other wise people can just enderpearl to your island at a early start and destroy your egg.

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
once a

again, if they don't want to play OP, leave the game, its unfair to completely remove a mode from the people who love it, when all the people who hate it have to do is a simple /leave! and the ender pearls should stay the same price, other wise people can just enderpearl to your island at a early start and destroy your egg.

That is true. To add to that, Build you are a freaking emerald. USE IT. :P

Reactions: XXPie_GuyXX

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
Two gold is a whole lot more expensive than one apparently...

Why does this matter?

Nullified by armor.

Efficiency 3 is more than enough, or just play spleef.

Does this really matter?

Not really...

Yes, When i have 64 gold it turns into 32 slowness arrows which i don't want to farm for but OP makes 64 = 64, for spectral i don't use as much but 64 gold = 128 arrows which is a lot

Whenever i get myself gear the third priority for me is the shield which 30 diamonds is too expensive for (especially if you have greedy teammates it will take way longer)

Nope, the reason i like the sharpness is because usually multiple players come to mid with the leather armor kit which means a 3 hit K,O sometimes without armor, but it still damages players slightly (if you fight properly)

The reason i like the pickaxe is because it counters the cheap obsidian and if their are any hackers i always result in spleefing them or sometimes if i know i will die it would be my last resort

Actually Yes, If you have 2 lvl 2 iron gens at your island and collect them both in one grab (50+ iron usually) it can only get you 10 steak but with one grab you can easily really get half a stack which lasts me nearly the whole game (if i don't die)

1 iron = 3 blocks
30 iron = 90 blocks which is more than enough to reach middle (in my style stair-casing) + it sometimes saves me if i am stranded on an enemy island or even middle it is enough to get me back home :D

Also, here's
Factory Mode:

Maps / Players: Same as Current

Gameplay: Rather than having a shop / generators, you have 5 conveyor belts.

- Food

- Blocks

- Armour

- Weapons / Archery

- Special

The conveyors can run on five different fuel types.

- Coal

- Coal Block

- Redstone

- Redstone Block

- Lava

The egg automatically acts as 200 pieces of coal to all generators EXCEPT blocks, which runs independently. The egg is also what helps all four other fuels. Meaning, if your egg is broken every generator except a level 1 blocks generator BREAKS. You could buy higher tiers of stuff with higher levels meaning one higher than the base level gives enchanted gear (Sorry for double post)
Also, adding poll.

although this sounds like a very cool new game i don't think it should replace OP
first off it is way too different from normal and hardcore meaning they probably have to make new maps or when the vote is completed the map automatically changes to have the belts and many new players will be confused, i don't think their should be anything that depends on your egg because it will probably make a huge disadvantage to other players, Camping will increase to protect their egg way more which results in more archery than actual pvp

well those are my thoughts on it

XXPie_GuyXX

Apr 30, 2016
To all the people who vote for OP to be removed, if your brave enough :), tell me why with a logical reason and I WILL find a way to counteract it, my first counteract, a simple /leave solves your problem of NOT playing OP, if you don't like OP mode, DONT PLAY IT, that's my first counteract, anyone brave enough to explain why it should be removed? :) otherwise, your argument is invalid.

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
OP will never be removed :')
They said 1.8 was never coming back...
To all the people who vote for OP to be removed, if your brave enough :), tell me why with a logical reason and I WILL find a way to counteract it, my first counteract, a simple /leave solves your problem of NOT playing OP, if you don't like OP mode, DONT PLAY IT, that's my first counteract, anyone brave enough to explain why it should be removed? :) otherwise, your argument is invalid.
Here's why:
85% of people that prefer OP like it for one reason, which is spread into the three new gamemodes.

TheMilkmanGamer

Aug 9, 2016
Honestly I don't see a problem with people who want a more relaxed game mode where ur life doesn't depend on a single swing. It's beneficial to have the game modes be not too similar from one another. But the current OP mode is too easy to not die and armor sets trumps skill. Whether OP mode is tweaked or replaced there needs to be changed.

XXPie_GuyXX

Apr 30, 2016
They said 1.8 was never coming back...

Here's why:
85% of people that prefer OP like it for one reason, which is spread into the three new gamemodes.
what reason, you just said 85% like it for one reason, but you didn't say that reason.

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
I don't understand. Just don't vote for it. If someone votes for it, leave and vote again. You're a premium, so I don't understand why you complain when you have the power to change it. Tons of people like it; the server isn't going to change to fit you. Sure, tweak the Prot or prices or whatever. But remove it?
No.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Top Bottom