Votes: 28 62.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
This is a major suggestion to hopefully return Eggwars to her glory days. Veteran Eggwars players have probably already caught on.

You may ask, what was the "Golden Age" of Eggwars?

The Golden Age was basically the time period between its release and the 1.9 update. DISCLAIMER: This thread is not about 1.9 or the influx of hackers. 1.9 brought new opportunities and I know the developers are working hard on the anti-cheat. By now, you should know what I'm talking about.

Why do I not like OP?

There are a ton of reasons I dislike OP. The main basis around all these ideas, however, is the lack of skill needed to win in OP mode.

• Camping is the Way To Go. Camping is so OP in this mode due to the fact killing someone with diamonds is close to impossible for rushers.
  • Spamclick Fights. Every fight, with the exception of tiny maps, is based off who breaks their opponent's armour first. This is never how you fought in the golden age.
  • Bowspammers. From when I joined on August 30, 2015 all the way until the update that came after 1.9 I encountered no more than 15 bowspammers. You can find that many bowspammers in ONE OP game.
  • Campers. Everyone camps and the game is no fun. Sure you can get an enderpearl, but even if you have two level three generators at mid, by the time you get enough, buy the ender pearl, and are in position to teleport over your opponents have got at least one piece of diamond armour. Not to mention, even if you do teleport over you still have the chance of being bowspammed off.
  • Noobs. Not to mean this in a bad way for people that like OP, but generally the eggwars gamemode they prefer is purely based off when they joined the server. On the forums, I've generally found that people who joined in 2015 / 2014 prefer normal / hardcore and those who joined in 2016 prefer OP. Also, I did a quick questionnaire in the lobby and found that the most common reason for not liking OP is "I'm bad at normal" This reason links back to all the reasons stated above.
  • Targeters. If I don't vote OP, I get targeted.
What should happen?

tl;dr: Remove OP Mode.

Extended: Replace OP Mode with another voting option that everyone will enjoy.

A. The first thing I thought of was a very recent suggestion. All credit goes to @TheMilkmanGamer for this.

The original thread is here: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/new-eggwars-gamemode-type-insane-mode.157795/ . Comment thoughts on his thread (unless he prefers to have it on this thread)

B. Factory Mode

Factory mode is just like normal mode, except that you have a goal of processing items. You have a mini-factory set up that processes various items. There is an armor stand that asks for these goods. In addition to what the egg normally does, it also shuts down all home island factories, forcing you to besiege an island or use the one at mid. The first to meet these goals OR eliminate all other players wins.

Let me know what you think!
As much as i hate op mode myself it might get tweeked, something going around about lowering Prot and increasing sharpness, but if you hate op in 1.9 reconnect and play the server in 1.8, it takes maybe 2-3 more hit to do damage which you can see in bajancanadians more recent money wars videos, also keep in mind in op mode you MUST have a FULL set for armor to be worth anything, just having 3 leather pieces and one diamond piece dosent do squat for you except give more durability, it wont protect you any more than the leather will, so you need FULL diamond or FULL chain or FULL iron ect to get the protection enchant to work you also need full armoring to, even with 3 other pieces of gear if your helmet breaks your gear aint worth squat

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
As much as i hate op mode myself it might get tweeked, something going around about lowering Prot and increasing sharpness, but if you hate op in 1.9 reconnect and play the server in 1.8, it takes maybe 2-3 more hit to do damage which you can see in bajancanadians more recent money wars videos, also keep in mind in op mode you MUST have a FULL set for armor to be worth anything, just having 3 leather pieces and one diamond piece dosent do squat for you except give more durability, it wont protect you any more than the leather will, so you need FULL diamond or FULL chain or FULL iron ect to get the protection enchant to work you also need full armoring to, even with 3 other pieces of gear if your helmet breaks your gear aint worth squat
At some point I'll explain factory mode, which would make tweaks to the items.

XXPie_GuyXX

Apr 30, 2016
its this simple, only gold rank and up can vote for OP, if they do vote for OP mode, LEAVE THE GAME, I keep hearing people complain about op, when all they have to do is not play it, its a good game mode, you just have to be strategic about how you play, and that's challenging to some people. but. again. this simple. leave the game if a rank votes for OP. if you don't leave the game but later complain about it, its your fault for NOT leaving it. Said and Done. I don't want to be rude but its literally that simple. Thank you

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
its this simple, only gold rank and up can vote for OP, if they do vote for OP mode, LEAVE THE GAME, I keep hearing people complain about op, when all they have to do is not play it, its a good game mode, you just have to be strategic about how you play, and that's challenging to some people. but. again. this simple. leave the game if a rank votes for OP. if you don't leave the game but later complain about it, its your fault for NOT leaving it. Said and Done. I don't want to be rude but its literally that simple. Thank you
I'm an emerald rank lol. Even if a gold wins, i leave. The amount of people leaving OP games lately has gone up and up and up. I remember @Orangeric88 used to love OP mode but now he hates it because it gets boring fast to most people. And OP requires strategy?
(I'm on my phone, insert guy with question marks around head)
OP is all about spamclicking. No skill involved.

TheMilkmanGamer

Aug 9, 2016

Honestly, I think OP could be improved greatly by a few tweaks to increase melee DPS.

However, u dont need a full set of armor to be effective. 3 pieces of leather will usually result in you getting killed quickly, but 3 iron, chain, or diamond can keep you alive for a while, even without crapples or gapples. Armor durability is everything in OP mode, and everyone carries extra sets

D

Deleted member 112709

OP is fun.. I can win a game in 5 minutes, on almost every map

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
What do you like about it?
I will answer that :D
First off i joined around 3 weeks of youtubers making vids about eggwars, well before the OP and hardcore got added
Then when op got added it changed everything for me :D, first off i am way better in op mode because i always fall from high areas which normally result in death but Prot 5 Boots save me so many times, everything is much cheaper before it was kind of hard to get a lot of steak without moneybags but now it is so easy! same goes for sandstone now in op i can rush to mid with one grab of iron, I am one of those bow spammers :oops: but i used to do it before op because i sucked at 1.8 PvP and archery was and is my best skill, i usually am able to shoot a player off his bridge from another island :D which angers them :P, but op or not i will still use my bow more often (except for Hardcore there is no punch), shields got added so it isn't that bad, ender pearls exists which is a way to stop campers, i like breaking other peoples armor but if it was diamond armor i would focus on breaking their shield to end the fight much faster, what are things i usually get
Leather armor (prot 5), 12 diamond pick, punch bow, arrows, and stone axe until 30 minutes into the game then it is when i really gear up but if i got extra diamonds i will spend it on better gear so maybe 30 minutes into the game you see me with leather armor :P,
I always encounter Targeters because i vote for op (especially other ranked players who voted for something else)

If you have an extra question just ask me ;)

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
Honestly, I think OP could be improved greatly by a few tweaks to increase melee DPS.

However, u dont need a full set of armor to be effective. 3 pieces of leather will usually result in you getting killed quickly, but 3 iron, chain, or diamond can keep you alive for a while, even without crapples or gapples. Armor durability is everything in OP mode, and everyone carries extra sets
Then how come in 2-3 hits with say 3 leather and 1 iron im almost dead?

TheFastBowler

Forum Expert
Jul 26, 2016
India
hatrex.net
I do enjoy OP mode even though I only joined this year and did not experience the golden age of egg wars but I do agree with most of your points. I know many people say that they cannot win in normal but only in OP and that's because of the camping. I still do thoroughly enjoy OP (I can win games in normal) so I would not really like it removed but the armour needs some nerfing or the weapons need buffing. Maybe they could add some sort of cool down system for the bow due to bow spammers, but that is really the only way to kill people in OP, other than breaking their armour. Hardcore and normal is really good though, and I would prefer to play them over OP on most occasions. Maybe the ender-pearl needs to have a reduced pricing? Or maybe as you said, they should just entirely remove OP. Majority of the server may not support that, but maybe that's the only way to solve this issue.

TheFastBowler

Forum Expert
Jul 26, 2016
India
hatrex.net
Although, I will have to say I prefer 1.9 mostly because I am really bad at 1.8 and 1.9 has a tendency of having longer fights, which gives me an opportunity to actually do something. I can't spam click at all, so thats one of the main reasons :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

good morning all! I hope everyone has a great day! 🤍
UncleSpect wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on llvqs's profile.
Thank you for the follow! Also have a good redt of your day/night today!:D
I just logged on and just saw all these messages, sorry for not seeing them earlier, Tysm guys!
Top Bottom