Votes: 5 11.1%
  • No

Votes: 28 62.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

awesomebutter234

Jun 12, 2016
I like OP. You're a donor. Just don't vote for it.
Just because you don't like something doesn't mean the vast majority of others don't like it either.
The stats you did with the survey I doubt. Most people wouldn't respond (from my experience). That and the fact that literally in every lobby they would spam OP. Why change it if it's not broken? And you can't win if you rush? Then try a different strategy! Not everything is going to work out to fit one person's tastes.
Also, from what I understand, nothing has changed in OP other than the shift to 1.9. So really it's not OP, it's 1.9. If I understand what you're saying.
It's more like cubecraft did not factor in 1.9 combat before adding the mode into 1.9. Lets look at the facts, 1.8 Op: Fights last a normal amount of time,and you don't have to break armor. 1.9 Op:Fights last a decade, bowspam ftw, you have to break armor. Btw what do you like about op?

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
It's more like cubecraft did not factor in 1.9 combat before adding the mode into 1.9. Lets look at the facts, 1.8 Op: Fights last a normal amount of time,and you don't have to break armor. 1.9 Op:Fights last a decade, bowspam ftw, you have to break armor. Btw what do you like about op?

Just saying I wouldn't actually want to remove the thing but I would rather make the armor have less protection, etc.

Reactions: awesomebutter234

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
So I guess I would support tweaking OP, because some of the fights DO go on forever. But I wouldn't remove it, at all.
Btw what do you like about op?
I mean, I'd like to keep in mind I only play team Eggwars. Solo is just bleh, I can't trust my egg being destroyed and me walking off a cliff. But something about really easily replenishing my gear is enticing in OP.

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
I prefer normal but I like hardcore even more because you actually have to think about what you are buying because everything is so weak.
Altough it doesnt seem like it I played on cubecraft before eggwars and the obsidian rank even became a thing.

Reactions: Qin Shihuangdi

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
I still think they should add more special items. But yes everytime I go into a game with a donator everyone starts spamming OP. Best solution: add OP to the chat filter xD with a message in chat saying. Please dont spam donators to vote for op mode get a rank yourself (insert store link here) or sth like that xD.

N

Nikboo

I joined the server about a couple of weeks before freebuild was put into maintenance.

The reasons I like OP on 1.9:
- Longer duels
- Easier to break eggs
- Enderpearls

I don't really want to get rid of it. I enjoy it and many others do.

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
I personally really liked your previous suggestion about the changes with the voting system. It wasn't complicated and it would bring a lot of varying gameplay with it.

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
I know good players that have joined after janurary 2016 and hate op for the lack of skill you need to win:
rush mid without doing the first upgrade on the iron gens, get 5 diamonds and rush back breaking the bridge behind you, you collect diamonds and hope no good player has bridged or is bridging to you when you get enough for a bow, when you have enough for a bow, buy it and get arrows and camp on the island, make a wall around if you want to stop others coming in (pro players prefer it that way, at least they won't get bowed off when they finally reach your island)
When you've finished bow spamming incomming bridgers and run out of arrows swap with a team mate.
Get yourself full diamond and gold apples, by now the pro players have taken everyone out on the map but you, losing their egg in the process.
Now bow spam the hell out of the pro player if he dies from one of your punch 1 arrows you win the game, if he makes it to your island keep spam clicking him with help of your team mates until he runs out of sets of armor and then kill him if he doesn't get to your egg first, if you die just buy a pickaxe and spam click him with that. Repeat until his armor breaks and eventually kill him with help of your two other team mates.
/S

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
I know good players that have joined after janurary 2016 and hate op for the lack of skill you need to win:
rush mid without doing the first upgrade on the iron gens, get 5 diamonds and rush back breaking the bridge behind you, you collect diamonds and hope no good player has bridged or is bridging to you when you get enough for a bow, when you have enough for a bow, buy it and get arrows and camp on the island, make a wall around if you want to stop others coming in (pro players prefer it that way, at least they won't get bowed off when they finally reach your island)
When you've finished bow spamming incomming bridgers and run out of arrows swap with a team mate.
Get yourself full diamond and gold apples, by now the pro players have taken everyone out on the map but you, losing their egg in the process.
Now bow spam the hell out of the pro player if he dies from one of your punch 1 arrows you win the game, if he makes it to your island keep spam clicking him with help of your team mates until he runs out of sets of armor and then kill him if he doesn't get to your egg first, if you die just buy a pickaxe and spam click him with that. Repeat until his armor breaks and eventually kill him with help of your two other team mates.
/S
Is this a strategy or support to remove it by making the enjoyable aspects move to other game types?

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
Is this a strategy or support to remove it by making the enjoyable aspects move to other game types?
I was stating the two most common stratergies, rushing and killing people if you are good at pvp going from island to island, getting harder as people have more time to get better gear or camping and winning if you've successfully avoided the rushers and the rushers have had there egg broken and that you managed to kill them using your bow.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
This is a major suggestion to hopefully return Eggwars to her glory days. Veteran Eggwars players have probably already caught on.

You may ask, what was the "Golden Age" of Eggwars?

The Golden Age was basically the time period between its release and the 1.9 update. DISCLAIMER: This thread is not about 1.9 or the influx of hackers. 1.9 brought new opportunities and I know the developers are working hard on the anti-cheat. By now, you should know what I'm talking about.

Why do I not like OP?

There are a ton of reasons I dislike OP. The main basis around all these ideas, however, is the lack of skill needed to win in OP mode.

• Camping is the Way To Go. Camping is so OP in this mode due to the fact killing someone with diamonds is close to impossible for rushers.
  • Spamclick Fights. Every fight, with the exception of tiny maps, is based off who breaks their opponent's armour first. This is never how you fought in the golden age.
  • Bowspammers. From when I joined on August 30, 2015 all the way until the update that came after 1.9 I encountered no more than 15 bowspammers. You can find that many bowspammers in ONE OP game.
  • Campers. Everyone camps and the game is no fun. Sure you can get an enderpearl, but even if you have two level three generators at mid, by the time you get enough, buy the ender pearl, and are in position to teleport over your opponents have got at least one piece of diamond armour. Not to mention, even if you do teleport over you still have the chance of being bowspammed off.
  • Noobs. Not to mean this in a bad way for people that like OP, but generally the eggwars gamemode they prefer is purely based off when they joined the server. On the forums, I've generally found that people who joined in 2015 / 2014 prefer normal / hardcore and those who joined in 2016 prefer OP. Also, I did a quick questionnaire in the lobby and found that the most common reason for not liking OP is "I'm bad at normal" This reason links back to all the reasons stated above.
  • Targeters. If I don't vote OP, I get targeted.
What should happen?

tl;dr: Remove OP Mode.

Extended: Replace OP Mode with another voting option that everyone will enjoy.

A. The first thing I thought of was a very recent suggestion. All credit goes to @TheMilkmanGamer for this.

The original thread is here: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/new-eggwars-gamemode-type-insane-mode.157795/ . Comment thoughts on his thread (unless he prefers to have it on this thread)

B. Factory Mode

Factory mode is just like normal mode, except that you have a goal of processing items. You have a mini-factory set up that processes various items. There is an armor stand that asks for these goods. In addition to what the egg normally does, it also shuts down all home island factories, forcing you to besiege an island or use the one at mid. The first to meet these goals OR eliminate all other players wins.

Let me know what you think!
OP is fun for a lot of players. It won't get removed that easily.
And not requiring skill is also a nice break every now and then, I don't like OP too much, but sometimes it's nice to do since deaths aren't lethal.

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
Just wanted to bump this.
So, this is for clarification. The three key changes in OP:

- Enchanted Items

- Cheaper Items

- Anti-Camp Measure

will all be moved to separate new gamemodes.

"Enchanted Items" will be moved to factory mode (explained more below)

"Cheaper Items" will be combined with @TheJeroen 's idea "No Projectile Mode" and be named "Speed Mode"

"Anti-Camp Measure" already exists in @TheMilkmanGamer 's insane mode.

XXPie_GuyXX

Apr 30, 2016
I get what your saying, and it would be nice to have some classic games again, but, as the world evolves, so does the server, its nice to have new updates, modes, and supplies, you just have to adapt and challenge yourself to get better, now, as the spam clicking and bow spam, yeah it stinks, but in OP, a shield is only 10 diamonds, so get a couple, and as spam clicking, you can get extra sets, it takes up room but its worth it. Thanks for addressing this though! EggWars is my favorite game.

How2Minecraft

Sep 25, 2016
Yeah I understand xD But OP Mode is fun for some people, and annoying for others. People only target ya cause they r being Rude xD But that means they put themselves at a risk as well, so If you are able to defend, You can have a teammate to go to em cause pple are too busy trying to get to you. Ya gotta also think about the good sides, not just the bad. Spam Clicking does require a little skill, for example, strafing, you can get many extra hits from people who aren't as good as you are if you do that.

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
I get what your saying, and it would be nice to have some classic games again, but, as the world evolves, so does the server, its nice to have new updates, modes, and supplies, you just have to adapt and challenge yourself to get better, now, as the spam clicking and bow spam, yeah it stinks, but in OP, a shield is only 10 diamonds, so get a couple, and as spam clicking, you can get extra sets, it takes up room but its worth it. Thanks for addressing this though! EggWars is my favorite game.
Yeah I understand xD But OP Mode is fun for some people, and annoying for others. People only target ya cause they r being Rude xD But that means they put themselves at a risk as well, so If you are able to defend, You can have a teammate to go to em cause pple are too busy trying to get to you. Ya gotta also think about the good sides, not just the bad. Spam Clicking does require a little skill, for example, strafing, you can get many extra hits from people who aren't as good as you are if you do that.
OP would be removed, but aspects of it would stay. Look at my post right above you two.

MrTokay

Jul 4, 2016
Jon's house
www.cubecraft.net
I completely agree with this, I just have 2 problems.

The problems first:
1) You're adding quite a lot to EggWars. Adding both an insane mode, a speed mode, and a factory mode is not only a major thing to ask for, its probably the biggest thing the Dev's ever had to do.
2) The game types are very different from what we would call "EggWars". In @TheMilkmanGamer 's insane mode, its a completely different game. In the factory mode, its a completely different game.

That being said:

I can say without a doubt that OP is the worst thing ever to happen to EggWars. Its like a second "New Coke". (If you don't get the reference, look it up).
Before, the game revolved around a combination of skill and strategy, the better player would basically win.
Now, the game is full of
A) Noobs
B) People using stupid strategy's to win, namely, spam clicking with better gear and E-Pearls.

With this update, we would be getting an amazing new way to play EggWars, which was what OP tried (and failed) to do, and at the same time conserving the way EggWars is supposed to be.

Good Suggestion!

TheMilkmanGamer

Aug 9, 2016
Just wanted to bump this.
So, this is for clarification. The three key changes in OP:

- Enchanted Items

- Cheaper Items

- Anti-Camp Measure

will all be moved to separate new gamemodes.

"Enchanted Items" will be moved to factory mode (explained more below)

"Cheaper Items" will be combined with @TheJeroen 's idea "No Projectile Mode" and be named "Speed Mode"

"Anti-Camp Measure" already exists in @TheMilkmanGamer 's insane mode.

Still unclear on what factory mode is lol

:/

EDIT: Also, are these gonna be 3 separate new gamemodes or one combined gamemode?

Can u explain or did I miss a post?

zNarwhal

Jul 6, 2016
Why do I not like OP?

There are a ton of reasons I dislike OP. The main basis around all these ideas, however, is the lack of skill needed to win in OP mode.

• Camping is the Way To Go. Camping is so OP in this mode due to the fact killing someone with diamonds is close to impossible for rushers.
  • Spamclick Fights. Every fight, with the exception of tiny maps, is based off who breaks their opponent's armour first. This is never how you fought in the golden age.
  • Bowspammers. From when I joined on August 30, 2015 all the way until the update that came after 1.9 I encountered no more than 15 bowspammers. You can find that many bowspammers in ONE OP game.
  • Campers. Everyone camps and the game is no fun. Sure you can get an enderpearl, but even if you have two level three generators at mid, by the time you get enough, buy the ender pearl, and are in position to teleport over your opponents have got at least one piece of diamond armour. Not to mention, even if you do teleport over you still have the chance of being bowspammed off.
  • Noobs. Not to mean this in a bad way for people that like OP, but generally the eggwars gamemode they prefer is purely based off when they joined the server. On the forums, I've generally found that people who joined in 2015 / 2014 prefer normal / hardcore and those who joined in 2016 prefer OP. Also, I did a quick questionnaire in the lobby and found that the most common reason for not liking OP is "I'm bad at normal" This reason links back to all the reasons stated above.
  • Targeters. If I don't vote OP, I get targeted.

These are the exact reasons why I personally dislike OP too... As well as the campers that blow up the bridges leading to their island.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

asqsk wrote on FluffySnowFox's profile.
yo :D
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
Happy bday man 🎉
Good morning (or night!) I wish you a awesome day/night ^-^
just got back to using my first proper gaming mouse, the razer deathadder essential

i find it weird how i switched to other mice to upgrade from it but now i ended up liking it more than any of my current mice

i might upgrade to the deathadder v2/v3 even tho they don't double click, or maybe get the logitech g403 instead cuz similar ergo shape lol
caraMel wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
Happy birthday!! 🐻‍❄️✨
Top Bottom