Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
This discussion focuses on Lucky Islands, try to stay on topic!

h0pefulll

Novice Member
Jan 2, 2021
Pronouns
He/Him
So I’ve been playing Lucky Islands on Java Edition for like 2 months now, and I’ve had a blast. With that being said, the kits at the moment are extremely unbalanced. Like, when was the last time you’ve seen someone use the Tracker kit?
I dunno, but I want a variety in the kits used and considered "meta", rather than all of the tryhards using the diamond kit and very little else.
The design philosophy of my kit ideas is that kits are early game items that give you a predictable crutch (you won’t be completely doomed if the lucky block gods curse you, but the items won’t carry you into late game). All of these kits should be, to an extent, balanced and have a range of uses.
With that being said, I am not a game designer and most of the things I say may be controversial, so feedback would be nice.

• Stone Sword
  • Shield
Add the shield. The warrior itself is kinda basic, and a simple shield would at least help.
Cost: Free
  • Leather Chestplate
  • Leather Boots (Feather Falling III)
  • 24x Stone
  • 24x Oak Planks
The builder kit simply does not have enough blocks. It needs more. The whole point of a builder is building, so the feather falling boots should give some sort of insurance if the player is knocked from a high place.
Cost: Free
  • 3x Potion of Swiftness II (3:00)
  • 10x Wool
  • Blue Leather Leggings
This kit is, for all intents and purposes, useless in its current state and desperately needs a buff. You can move faster than a scout by simply sprint jumping. The 3 original potions of swiftness are upgraded to swiftness 2 potions while retaining their original duration. The 10 blocks of wool would help with navigation over the void, and the leggings give an extra bit of defence.
Cost: 250
  • Leather Helmet (Protection I)
  • Chainmail Chestplate (Protection I)
  • Leather Leggings (Protection I)
  • Leather Boots (Protection I)
The kit in its current state is balanced, but with these changes, adding prot 1 to the whole set may be necessary.
Cost: 450
  • 8x TNT
  • 2x Stone Pressure Plate
  • 8x Redstone
  • Chainmail Boots (Blast Protection IV, Feather Falling II)
  • Trap Lucky Block Wand
The obnoxious kit. I don’t see anyone using the fake lucky block, so why not an infinite source of them? The enchanted chainmail boots should help with TNT jumping, and the current 10 TNT is possibly too much.
Cost: 500
  • 3x Diamonds
  • Perk: gain a diamond every minute.
Name a better duo, I’ll wait: Obsidian ranked players and the Diamonds kit. I will likely get sued and hunted down for this suggestion, but in my opinion, players should not be able to start their game with a (once crafted) piece of diamond armour and a diamond weapon.
Cost: Your soul (800)
  • 32 Lucky Eggs
  • Yellow Leather Chestplate
  • White Leather Leggings
  • White Leather Boots
16 eggs by itself is useless, especially being outclassed by the Archer kit. With 32 Eggs and some armour to boot, it could be more useful. “Lucky Eggs” can be used to spawn chickens, when killed, gives the player a positive potion effect.
Cost: 330
  • Player Tracker
  • Black Leather Chestplate
  • Black Leather Boots (Feather Falling II)
  • Perk: gain an ender pearl every 2 minutes.
A player tracker on its own in the early game is incredibly useless. Given enough time, all the remaining players should have access to one. With these new items and perks, this kit could hopefully be more viable.
Cost: 425
  • Bow
  • 12x Arrow
  • Chainmail Helmet (Projectile Protection IV)
A similar story to the Heavy kit; balanced, but needs an update with all the buffs to other kits.
Cost: 400
  • 5x Lucky Blocks
Two lucky blocks is not enough. I demand more.
Cost: 450
  • 3x Splash Potion of Healing II
  • 2x Splash Potion of Regeneration II
  • Red Leather Helmet
The healer kit is severely outclassed by the chef kit, and I’ve personally found splash potions of healing to be very ineffective, especially compared to the chef kit. With them being a higher tier, and additional regeneration potions, it may hopefully be more viable.
Cost: 325
  • Enchanting Table
  • 64x Exp Bottles
  • 32x Lapis Lazuli
  • 9x Bookshelf
  • 1x Anvil
  • 1x Enchanted Book (Sharpness I, Power II, Protection III, Efficiency IV)
  • 1x Indigo Leather Helmet
This kit in its current state is something that is useful in very few situations, you can’t use your enchantments if you have nothing useful to enchant. With the addition of the bookshelves, anvil, helmet and enchanted book, it may be more useful to have this kit equipped.
  • 6x Apple
  • 3x Steak
  • 3x Golden Apple
A somewhat balanced kit, but the exclusivity of the golden apples makes it slightly overpowered. Ideally, more sources of golden apples should be added.
Cost: 375
  • Diamond Pickaxe (Efficiency IV)
  • 9x Obsidian
  • 3x Cage Trap
  • Grey Leather Chestplate
The Miner kit, at the moment, is only used on maps with iron or diamond blocks at mid. The Barricade kit is hardly used at all, and it somewhat bugs me that it uses obsidian as its icon, but none is found in the kit itself. The combination of the two kits, with some add-ons should hopefully give both some additional viability.
  • 1x Dragon Fire Wand
  • 1x (Negative) Potion Wand
  • 1x Shield Wand
  • 1x Regen Wand
The randomness of the wizard kit and its one wand makes it very unreliable. Having more wands at the ready could make the kit fairly useful.
  • Pet Wolf
  • Pet Cat
  • Pet Snowman
  • Pet Horse
  • 2x Steak
  • 2x Raw Fish
  • 2x Splash Potion of Healing I
  • 2x Hay Bale
I’ve legitimately seen no one use this kit. Maybe the addition of a horse can give some new light to this kit.
  • 5x Villager Spawn Egg
  • 40x Emeralds
The Villager kit is bad. A lot of the time, one or both villagers are professions that are useless and have no good trades. Additionally, 16 emeralds is not enough.
Sidenote: Villagers should be completely overhauled. Villagers such as the Butcher and Cleric (villagers that trade items for emeralds rather than the reverse) should be removed. Players should be able to obtain enchanted books with only the emerald cost, as books are impossible to find from my experience.

So those are some changes I’d make to existing kits, but what about some new ones?

• Wooden Axe (Sharpness I, Efficiency III)
  • 12x Oak Logs
  • Perk: gain Haste I for 10s after breaking a log.
We need an axe kit, and this one focuses more on its tool use.
Cost: 350
  • Wooden Axe (Efficiency II)
  • Iron Shovel (Efficiency II)
  • Stone Pickaxe (Efficiency II)
  • 12x Cobblestone
  • 1x Grey Leather Helmet
A more variety tool kit.
Cost: 275
  • Potion of Fire Resistance (3:00)
  • Splash Potion of Weakness (3:00)
  • Brewing Stand
  • 6x Awkward Potion
  • 10x Blaze Powder
  • 2x Gunpowder
  • 3x Glowstone
  • 3x Redstone
  • 3x Golden Carrot
  • 2x Fermented Spider Eye
  • Rabbit’s Foot
  • Sugar
  • Melon
  • Ghast Tear
  • Perk: Instant Brewing Speed.
We need more potions, and make splash potions more obtainable, because there is a severe lack of gunpowder available.
  • Blaze Rod (with Fire Sword effect)
  • Flint & Steel
  • Golden Chestplate (Fire Protection IV)
Let it burn!
Cost: 300
Knight (unlocked by defeating the Knight)
  • 2x Lucky Blocks
  • Iron Sword (Low Durability)
  • Iron Chestplate (Low Durability)
  • Iron Boots (Low Durability)
  • Lingering Potion of Poison I
Cost: 750

Pig King (unlocked by defeating the Pig King)
  • Pig King Hat (Fire Immunity)
  • Golden Chestplate (Half Durability)
  • Golden Leggings (Half Durability)
  • Golden Boots (Half Durability)
  • Exploding Pig Spawn Egg (acts like a regular pig, explodes immediately when punched or in contact with a player)
Cost: 750

These would be cool additions.
Once again, I am not a game designer and most of the things I said may be controversial, so feedback would be nice. Thanks for reading.

Vindicatør

Sep 29, 2020
the Woodland Mansion
minecraft.fandom.com
New Lucky Block drop suggestion: 1x Enchanted Book, 1x Anvil, and 10x Bottle of Enchanting.
The books could have a range of enchantments:
- Sharpness 1 or 2 (can also be applied to pickaxes, shovels and hoes because why not)
- Fire Aspect 1 (can also be applied to axes)
- Knockback 1 (can also be applied to axes and sticks)
- Efficiency 1-3
- Protection 1 (can also be applied to shields for extra damage reduction)
- Blast Protection 1 or 2 (can also be applied to shields for extra blast resistance)
- Projectile Protection 1 or 2
- Fire Protection 1 or 2
- Thorns 1-3 (can also be applied to shields)
- Power 1
- Punch 1
- Flame 1

This should be rarer than other Lucky Block drops and more common in Blessed and Crazy mode.

yayplez

Jan 11, 2021
Hey CubeCrafters! We want your feedback and suggestions for our game Lucky Islands!

New kits:
If you have any suggestions for new kits, please reply with the name of the kit, the price of the kit and the description/contents/purpose of the kit!

Lucky Blocks:
As you know Lucky Islands has a lot of Lucky Blocks, but they sometimes get repetitive. If you have any ideas for new lucky blocks, message below with what you think should be a new opening for a lucky block. You want a flying slime on a pig? Suggest it! :D

Balancing:
Feel like the current kits and lucky block themes are "okay" at the moment? Feel like some need to be tweaked or re-balanced, then comment below if you feel like there's some kits or lucky blocks that need to be changed slightly or re-balanced.

Achievements (Solo and Team):
If you have any ideas for new achievements, comment them below! Of course give possible and reasonable suggestions for achievements.

For the overall suggestions, try and think crazy when you're coming up with ideas. Think of ideas that will make Lucky Islands amazing, crazy and completely mad!

Thanks.
can we have a feature where instead of the lucky block dropping items, it somehow puts the item into the opener's inventory? because I keep losing stuff to people who try to teammates who try to steal my lucky blocks its really annoying

Mar 6, 2021
Hey CubeCrafters! We want your feedback and suggestions for our game Lucky Islands!

New kits:
If you have any suggestions for new kits, please reply with the name of the kit, the price of the kit and the description/contents/purpose of the kit!

Lucky Blocks:
As you know Lucky Islands has a lot of Lucky Blocks, but they sometimes get repetitive. If you have any ideas for new lucky blocks, message below with what you think should be a new opening for a lucky block. You want a flying slime on a pig? Suggest it! :D

Balancing:
Feel like the current kits and lucky block themes are "okay" at the moment? Feel like some need to be tweaked or re-balanced, then comment below if you feel like there's some kits or lucky blocks that need to be changed slightly or re-balanced.

If you have any ideas for new achievements, comment them below! Of course give possible and reasonable suggestions for achievements.

For the overall suggestions, try and think crazy when you're coming up with ideas. Think of ideas that will make Lucky Islands amazing, crazy and completely mad!

Thanks.
I think the automatic bow is little too op sometimes

SGGSTNS

Novice Member
Feb 15, 2021

CedricFresh

Novice Member
May 15, 2020
Add some better trades for the villagers in lucky islands.

Not all drops in lucky islands should be beneficial, but this new one could be vastly improved from just being ignored.

A block villager could sell blocks that are dropped from lucky blocks, such as sandstone and grass.

There could be two food villagers, one which sells low-saturation foods, such as bread and apples, and another that sells high-saturation foods, such as steak and chicken.

Remove the selling options (the options where you can could sell wheat for emeralds, coal for emeralds, etc.)

The weapons villager is fine as is.

This is just from experience, even though I've only traded with the villagers about 4 times.

Cosmicluck

Mar 28, 2021
Here's what I have for ya'll, I might expand on this as I get more ideas. Forgive me if anything here has been suggested before!
  • Shockwave Wand - A powerful wand that has a long cooldown. Upon use this wand will create a ripple in the blocks around the user and will knock adversaries back a short distance and slow them down for a short period of time.
  • Wand of Decay - A moderately powerful wand that must be used with caution. When targeted, the floor will start to melt away block by block in a small radius. This process is slow enough to be able to get away, but when executed correctly could turn the tides of war.
  • Upgradeable Sword - This seemingly weak sword starts out being a wooden sword. The more you attack with it, the more powerful it gets. After a certain amount of successful hits on enemies your sword upgrades to the next tier.
  • Crowded Inventory - This one is pretty mean and may need some balancing. This is a negative lucky block drop that will fill ones inventory with a filler item. The catch? They are soul-bound meaning you cannot drop anything! Like I mentioned before this would need balancing if it were to be added.
  • Clumsy - Another negative lucky block, except this time you have no idea where your sword went! Upon activation this lucky block scrambles your inventory - making this dangerous if you're trying to break it while on the run.

I have more ideas but I like creating good descriptions so I will be back to suggest more! Hope ya'll like these :)

• Love
Reactions: SanCookie

Sploggy

Mar 24, 2021
Here's what I have for ya'll, I might expand on this as I get more ideas. Forgive me if anything here has been suggested before!
  • Shockwave Wand - A powerful wand that has a long cooldown. Upon use this wand will create a ripple in the blocks around the user and will knock adversaries back a short distance and slow them down for a short period of time.
  • Wand of Decay - A moderately powerful wand that must be used with caution. When targeted, the floor will start to melt away block by block in a small radius. This process is slow enough to be able to get away, but when executed correctly could turn the tides of war.
  • Upgradeable Sword - This seemingly weak sword starts out being a wooden sword. The more you attack with it, the more powerful it gets. After a certain amount of successful hits on enemies your sword upgrades to the next tier.
  • Crowded Inventory - This one is pretty mean and may need some balancing. This is a negative lucky block drop that will fill ones inventory with a filler item. The catch? They are soul-bound meaning you cannot drop anything! Like I mentioned before this would need balancing if it were to be added.
  • Clumsy - Another negative lucky block, except this time you have no idea where your sword went! Upon activation this lucky block scrambles your inventory - making this dangerous if you're trying to break it while on the run.

I have more ideas but I like creating good descriptions so I will be back to suggest more! Hope ya'll like these :)
Hi, I like the sound of these and would definitely make for some more interesting gameplay options. Just some things to say though:
1. The 'Shockwave Wand' From reading the description you wrote I get the feeling that it would be similar to the Thor's Hammer ability except with slowness. While this would make combat more random and 'lucky' I feel that adding more items that do more or less the same thing, might not be the best call as it could just overpopulate the blocks with people constantly using the ability - either on this wand or via Thor's Hammer.
2. The 'Upgradeable Sword' I really like the sound of this though just wondering if you think the hits should be counted towards mob (I personally don't) as someone could get that sword and the mob eggs drop and just grind hits on the mobs on their starting island until they easily get the max tier sword.
3. 'Crowded Inventory' I definitely agree that there needs to be some balance if this was added as filling up a player's whole inventory with items they cannot remove will just ruin the game for that person as they could do nothing. Perhaps an inventory slot gets filled which gets multiplied the more you open Crowded Inventory Lucky Blocks for example the first time you break it you get 1 slot filled, the second time = 2 slots, the third time = 4 slots, the fourth time = 8 slots etc...
- I think for this one there is also the possibility of a Lucky Block getting rid of this effect once broken. For example, you would break that lucky block while having a 'Crowded Inventory' problem and it would get rid of it - just so that players could recover from not having a full inventory somewhat later in the game perhaps?

But I really like all ideas so keep it up!

aarth961

May 24, 2021

New kits:

Lucky Blocks:

Balancing:

Thanks.

New kits:

Lucky Blocks:

Balancing:

Thanks.
i think some of the maps need balancing. the solo ‘ruins’ map is my least favourite, because it defeats the purpose of the lucky blocks. the smartest way to win on that map is to mine the diamond blocks, and get full diamond. i would have less of a problem if there weren’t so much diamonds. I’d understand if it had like 2 blocks of iron on the small islands, but 2 blocks of diamonds? That’s way too much, at least make it only 1 diamond block. also, the fact that you can get an iron pickaxe without opening any lucky blocks, it right at your spawn island seems unfair. The people who get the diamonds mostly always wins, and there are times where I got the diamonds, and had to 1v1 a person also with full diamonds, to get wrecked, because he had slightly better weapons, and knocked me off the edge. Lucky blocks are supposed to be wild, as you mentioned, but this makes it mild, dontcha think?

ProbFine

Sep 21, 2021

New kits:

Lucky Blocks:

Balancing:

For the overall suggestions, try and think crazy when you're coming up with ideas. Think of ideas that will make Lucky Islands
Maybe totem of undying should be in lucky blocks, very rare, but i think it's gonna be useful

Reactions: Helios_Asteri

Helios_Asteri

Oct 3, 2021
The problem with this game is that lucky blocks do not provide basic amenities and often have the same stuff over and over and over. Most games often end not by PvP , but by someone getting unlucky.

Unluckiness should be decreased just a bit so games actually end nicely and become memorable.
disagree i like the unluckiness makes opening the luckyblocks more exiting. i only want the witch on the bad gone as its impossible to get rid of them exept running away very far. mabey put them on an other mob or just spawn more than 1 instead

acepoison92

Jul 12, 2021
Hi I think for Christmas for Christmas's that it should snow on the maps to make it more nice on game while it's the Christmas season

Pluss for the halloween you should add pumkins to the island on lucky block and turn the sky night time in the actual map

And no one should be around on u island for a adleas a minute when we start because people get the build kit just come straight to you kill u when they not either opened a block

SoloWarz

Forum Expert
Sep 18, 2021
Amman, Jordan
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him

New kits:

Lucky Blocks:

Balancing:

Thanks.
I suggest you to add more lucky block loot to the OP mode...

The New Netherite!

in the 1.16 update , mojang added netherite -the new ore- to the game , so if you add a netherite block in the mid of the map , it would be more funny!
( if players play on 1.16- , you can make a resource pack that shows the netherite ingot instead of the unnecessary item)

Last edited:

ProbFine

Sep 21, 2021
I suggest you to add more lucky block loot to the OP mode...

The New Netherite !

in the 1.16 update , mojang added netherite -the new ore- to the game , so if you add a netherite block in the mid of the map , it would be more funny!
This server is not only for 1.16+, but for 1.12 too, so, i think we need to wait until they update whole server to the newest version

ProbFine

Sep 21, 2021

New kits:

Lucky Blocks:

Balancing:

Thanks.
What about a bow that can drop an item out of hand of the player when it hits him?

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

MrTommy wrote on Eli's profile.
So ypy finally admitting im good at something :D
Screenshot_20240425_224822_Samsung Internet.jpg
Reesle wrote on The NightGhost02's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
ToonBer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd eitje!
Top Bottom