Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should leaving a game count as a death in your stats?

• Total voters

alltop10

Aug 23, 2016
No, this thread is not going to be about a rejoin option for games. This mainly happens in PVP but I have noticed that people abuse this in other games as well. When you are beating someone and are about to kill them, they leave the game so that it does not count as a death for them in their stats. Sure, you still get the win but other people use this to show how much of a "god" they are at pvp because they have for instance a 25 kdr. Simply put, if you leave a game it should count as a death in your stats.

(If people oppose this it is probably because they abuse this themselves :p)

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I think in most games leaving does count as a death. But I really don't understand why they decided to not count it in duels, where it is the most annoying in my opinion. I think they should remove the /leave command from random duels and only leave it in challenged duels. Leaving shouldn't be used to select your favourite kit. If you don't want to force players to play with a kit they don't want to, you'll have to make the kit selection available to everyone.
If the command has to stay, the leaving player should get a death and the opponent should get a kill if he hit the other player once before.

alltop10

Aug 23, 2016
I think in most games leaving does count as a death. But I really don't understand why they decided to not count it in duels, where it is the most annoying in my opinion. I think they should remove the /leave command from random duels and only leave it in challenged duels. Leaving shouldn't be used to select your favourite kit. If you don't want to force players to play with a kit they don't want to, you'll have to make the kit selection available to everyone.
If the command has to stay, the leaving player should get a death and the opponent should get a kill if he hit the other player once before.

I have noticed it does not count in eggwars. I was stupid and didn't jump off my bridge and ended up falling in the void so I did a /hub before it killed me and it didn't count as a death.

Reactions: MagnificentSpam

MarcoPlayzz

Dedicated Member
Oct 25, 2016
No, this thread is not going to be about a rejoin option for games. This mainly happens in PVP but I have noticed that people abuse this in other games as well. When you are beating someone and are about to kill them, they leave the game so that it does not count as a death for them in their stats. Sure, you still get the win but other people use this to show how much of a "god" they are at pvp because they have for instance a 25 kdr. Simply put, if you leave a game it should count as a death in your stats.

I do this all the time in Skywars, If I die I do /hub to join the next game faster. You technically already died, and in skywars (don't know in other games) it does count your death when you do /hub

alltop10

Aug 23, 2016
I do this all the time in Skywars, If I die I do /hub to join the next game faster. You technically already died, and in skywars (don't know in other games) it does count your death when you do /hub

What im talking about is doing /hub before you actually die. Of course if you do /hub after you die it already counts as a death.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

alltop10

Aug 23, 2016
I mean people who leave in game is probably for a reason. You lag out or left because you had to go etc...]

In pvp it is a lot different. In other games yeah, mostly people who leave either got disconnected or had to go. In pvp, when someone does /leave it is because they do not want a death added to their stats. You can tell this when a person leaves the game and the next game you are in is against the same person. It happens all the time.

MarcoPlayzz

Dedicated Member
Oct 25, 2016
In pvp, when someone does /leave it is because they do not want a death added to their stats. You can tell this when a person leaves the game and the next game you are in is against the same person. It happens all the time.
That rarely happens in FFA, and they leave to feel better in themselves, btw its just ONE death so it isn't much.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
That rarely happens in FFA, and they leave to feel better in themselves, btw its just ONE death so it isn't much.
Duels could happen but is also rare.
In FFA they don't even have to leave to prevent the opponent from getting the kill, which is probably more important than avoiding the death. Just run for a few seconds and then type /kill.
In duels it does happen a lot. Especially in op duels where peopel have the time to type /leave before getting killed. But I've also see players that regularly leave in normal duels using a macro. And then there are some stone ranks that leave when they don't like the kit (understandable but still annoying).

Reactions: CommunistCactus

MarcoPlayzz

Dedicated Member
Oct 25, 2016
In duels it does happen a lot. Especially in op duels where peopel have the time to type /leave before getting killed. But I've also see players that regularly leave in normal duels using a macro. And then there are some stone ranks that leave when they don't like the kit (understandable but still annoying).
They leave because they know they are going to die, so then they can join quicker. Or maybe to have a low death count

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
They leave because they know they are going to die, so then they can join quicker. Or maybe to have a low death count
Or to not give the opponent the satisfaction of killing you and getting the kill (the only statistic that is actually relevant). The /leave command shouldn't be a thing in random duels. Maybe replace it with a /forfeit command that gives you the death and your opponent the win and also switch to wins being displayed on the leaderboard.

Edgeless

Dedicated Member
May 9, 2016

I agree with this so much of my "kills" don't count cause when they fall they leave I cri bai bai

alltop10

Aug 23, 2016
I agree with this so much of my "kills" don't count cause when they fall they leave I cri bai bai

I think in Eggwars you still get credit for a kill, but in pvp I think it just counts as a win and not a kill and a win.

Reactions: Edgeless

Edgeless

Dedicated Member
May 9, 2016
I think in Eggwars you still get credit for a kill, but in pvp I think it just counts as a win and not a kill and a win.
Can't remember for sure, but I think if they have 1 health left they just jump off

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016

I say it shouldnt. If your game crashes l, or you have to shut off your pc, then no. I dont think it should be changed to a death. Or maybe have “Games Left” on the stats of games like skywars and eggwars, survival games, etc.

alltop10

Aug 23, 2016
I say it shouldnt. If your game crashes l, or you have to shut off your pc, then no. I dont think it should be changed to a death. Or maybe have “Games Left” on the stats of games like skywars and eggwars, survival games, etc.

What about if there was a combat timer and if you quit the game while you were still considered to be in combat you would get charged a death on your stats? I get the whole game crashing issue with this but I'm sure there are ways the developers can work around it.

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
What about if there was a combat timer and if you quit the game while you were still considered to be in combat you would get charged a death on your stats? I get the whole game crashing issue with this but I'm sure there are ways the developers can work around it.
The developers can work with it, but I still think no. I mean, its just 1 death or minus 1 death. Deaths dont effect the leaderboards (or I dont think so)

Reactions: StoneBrine (Brad)
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

qKhalidd wrote on ignsinf's profile.
Hi
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
welcome to the forums! I hope you will have a nice stay here:D
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #41-
The moon has moonquakes, which are kind of like the earthquakes on the Earth, but weaker.
Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Top Bottom