Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you thing killing yourself should count as a death?

• No, it's a """"strategy""""

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Gatsbe

Jan 13, 2016
In FFA, mainly in classic and normal, while in a fight some players will splash damage potions at themselves, or shoot themselves with a bow in order to kill themselves. The reasons players do this is:
1. to have a higher K-D ratio since killing yourself doesn't count as a death
2. to deny the kill and prevent the other player from getting a point

I have been in several fights where I would have gotten a kill if it weren't for players getting low and splashing themselves with damage potions, or jumping off in an elytra map and shooting themselves.
It's annoying and unfair.

One thing I would change to fix this is:
1. Make all self-deaths count as a death (besides /kill, since you cannot be in combat)
I think this would greatly improve the FFA experience.

Livvv

Pineapplerator - Daily Quotes
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
I have actually been thinking about this myself and it annoy me a lot when people kill themselves with pots. Didn't know that it would actually count as a kill though.

Reactions: Gatsbe

Fliqa

Forum Expert
Mar 13, 2017
Belgium
Depression is a serious illness that can lead to thoughts of suicide. Please, do NOT consider suicide. You have a purpose in the world. There are people who care about you. Your family, your friends.

We do not want depression and thoughts of suicide come over to FFA. It just isn’t right.
I hope you know that you shouldn't joke about something like this, a lot of people struggle with this. This is really disrespectful, you should be in it yourself and feel how it is. You may be sarcastic or something in that way, you still shouldn't joke about something like this.

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
you shouldn't joke about something like this,
No duh
It was the second part of it was more of a joke because only a moron would actually take an ffa joke like that seriously.

Hell no i’m not gonna joke about it (the first part) because I has a friend once who was going through tough times. He would make jokes about himself and post pictures of knives and stuff, anyways not gonna get into that.

If I were making an actual joke about the first part it would have been with like grammar errors and all of that stuff.

It may have been sarcastic, because it was about FFA, but that fact that you think I would joke about people with depression is just really wrong.

Reactions: Lilleh__

Fliqa

Forum Expert
Mar 13, 2017
Belgium
It may have been sarcastic, because it was about FFA, but that fact that you think I would joke about people with depression is just really wrong.
No, I was talking about the whole thing. Even if it's about FFA, you still shouldn't. I'm sorry about your friend.

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
+1 so tryharders who do this can't call others noobs for having a difference between the numbers of kills and deaths they have smaller than the number of kills they have.
I hope you know that you shouldn't joke about something like this, a lot of people struggle with this. This is really disrespectful, you should be in it yourself and feel how it is. You may be sarcastic or something in that way, you still shouldn't joke about something like this.
Context is what matters most in a joke. Ik its kinda irrelevant with this joke as it was about FFA, but there is a context in which jokes related to depression and suicide can be acceptable. Its called being edgy, where instead of making fun of a srs issue, you're making fun of the ppl who make fun of them and those that get offended by the jokes regardless of the context. Btw just bc a joke has the words depression and suicide in it doesn't mean its making fun of them.
No, I was talking about the whole thing. Even if it's about FFA, you still shouldn't. I'm sorry about your friend.
**** this world. We literally can't even exist anymore without someone being offended.

RoboticToast

Dedicated Member
Aug 9, 2015
lAnother moron who can only say “omg pink tag lel” and try to get some likes from idiots. Why would I want to join a staff team where I dislike majority of mods
Not trying to be funny/getting likes tbh, just telling my opinion.

MoonlightHugs

May 20, 2018
Malta
Agree with this.
Maybe they could even make it so if someone suicides or gets disconnected, whoever hit them last in the last 4 seconds or so, would get a kill?

Gatsbe

Jan 13, 2016
Maybe they could even make it so if someone suicides or gets disconnected, whoever hit them last in the last 4 seconds or so, would get a kill?
Idk if my suggestion was clear enough but that was what I intended. As it is, if you're combat tagged and disconnect or leave, the person who tagged you last will get the kill, but if you suicide, they won't get any kills or points from it.

MoonlightHugs

May 20, 2018
Malta
Idk if my suggestion was clear enough but that was what I intended. As it is, if you're combat tagged and disconnect or leave, the person who tagged you last will get the kill, but if you suicide, they won't get any kills or points from it.
Ah alrighty I took it as it would just count as a death for the other person and thats it.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
A bit half and half on this point myself. On one hand, I actually want to deny a player from getting the kill (along with the point) depending on the situation. If I happen to be cut off from any escape routes and whatnot, and also happen to be in a desperate situation where I won't be fend off a 3v1, then I'll use this ./kill function to get out of the sticky situation. When joining FFA, even if one wasn't drawn into some kind of drama, a person will still find themselves in situations like this. Simply because teaming is allowed, and practiced. On the other hand, I dislike (at this point I really don't care if someone does this) people doing this because I'll usually have to spend quite some time to chase them down, fight them in scattered battles, and brave the dangers of a team. Yea, not very appealing. BUT, here's why I don't want this to be a thing:

> While the death doesn't show on the scoreboard, it does show up in your overall stats if you were to kill yourself with a harming pot, /kill, arrow, etc.
> This acts as a deterrence for those players who think they're pretty clever to maintain a nice KDR. Which is funny because I really doubt most players even have a KDR that's above 2.
> This also acts as a deterrence for those players who don't want to pass a certain threshold (similar to the first kind of deterrence, but a bit different if you ask me) such as 30k deaths or something.
> I want to piss people off.
> Not the best reason, but a person is bound to encounter someone they really dislike.
> Accidents.
> In a game such as FFA, especially with teams, things are destined to get just a """""""""""""""""""' little"""""""""""""""""""' messy. Did I emphasize that enough? Getting a clean 1v1 is rare as it is, and for those who aren't very careful, some accidents will occur. These accidents include but are not limited to missing a jump, hitting yourself with a harming potion because you missed, etc. This leads to something else, and one that I find pretty important because I'm pretty sure it's a bug.

There's a time limit to how long one stays combat tagged. After that period if I was to /kill then no one will get the kill. But this combat tag is really buggy. In some cases if you were to hit a player off, lets say the Cliff spawn point in Tropical, then in 1/2 times they'll get the kill. In the other 1/2 times, they won't. Even if the person was to fall on the same trajectory, it's like a gamble. Or even in cases where you knock a player not to far down, but enough to deal some damage, the combat tag thing will occasionally not count it as your kill, but as the dead persons suicide thingy. So fix this please.

Reactions: Gatsbe
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on Verbramdt's profile.
Hi Bram! Welcome back! I missed you bro 🥹
UncleSpect wrote on Frontlane's profile.
🤍
throwing my mouse hard enough on the wall for a grand total of 7 times as a result of gamer rage somehow fixed the liftoff distance issues

also don't worry about me it's not that deep it's just anger issues and being the usual failure at everything including the simplest video games
JellyFish01 wrote on Fesa's profile.
You said "I SEE YOUR NAME ALL OVER REPORTS" You literally scream in my face. Yall want me to not report such bugs? I know that the bug is fixed
You don't have to reply with a longer message.
Xi1m wrote on Verbramdt's profile.
OH MY GOD YOURE BAACK
Top Bottom