Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 12, 2019
I've been playing CubeCraft since around 2016, I took a break around 2017, and I've recently started playing again.
I've always wanted to write a review for CubeCraft, as I have a lot on my mind about it that I would like to share with the staff, and possibly players.

If you don't agree with my review, don't bother posting things in the comments such as "You're just bad at the game", or something stupid like that. A review is an opinion, and I'm sharing my review with the players and staff of CubeCraft.

Ever since I've been playing CubeCraft, I've noticed that the server has several issues with the frame rate, and connect to the server in general. I've only ever had these issues with CubeCraft, and no other server.
While playing games such as Eggwars, or Skywars, I would take an item out of a chest, walk away, and the item I had taken out just immediately pops back into the chest. Once again, I have only ever experienced issues like this on CubeCraft, and no other server. As for the frame rate: It randomly drops at times, even on the simplest of maps. I could be on a map that's 95% void, and yet, somehow the frame rate will drop. I have an Alienware PC, so there should be no reason as to why this happens. I have no idea what could be causing it, and again, it only happens on CubeCraft. I understand the spawn, as it has several maps, entities, etc. But again, a map that is 95% or so void lags my minecraft for no reason at all. It's kind of ridiculous, and needs to be fixed.
I asked my friend what he thinks of the lag issue (He has the issue too), and he said this:
"The lag fluctuates, sometimes its not bad and sometimes it's terrible."

I'm sorry to be so blunt, but the moderation on the server is absolutely terrible. I've encountered countless hackers within the short week I've been playing. Players have hit me from about 6-7 blocks away, while also being behind a wall, and no staff have ever done anything about it. I've had my friend come on with me a few times, and he agrees the same people who use reach against me use it against him too.
I've asked him what he thinks about the moderation, here's what he said:
"The moderation is pretty bad, hackers get away with not getting banned too much. Sentinal barely does anything either."
I believe a few of the people who have hit me from several blocks away could have been from the lag, but, that leads us back to the first part of the review. Nothing excuses the lag within the server.

As for the community, it gets very toxic sometimes. (This also has to do with the lack of moderation)
This section of the review will be short, and I haven't even asked my friend about the community yet, and he's said this:
"The community is full of toxic and salty players whether they win or lose."
Although being rude isn't completely against the rules, but constantly reading "lmao you're bad" in the chat should deserve at least a staff member saying "Hey, knock it off.", but I haven't seen a single moderator during my whole experience playing CubeCraft, and I've had about 150 hours of total playtime.

The games on CubeCraft are good, and would be enjoyable if it were not for the other issues with the server.
A few maps have OK design, but most have good design.
Almost every map has several issues, though. Such as being stuck in the ground in random places (Usually on slabs),
and just other random glitches that happen for no reason.

In conclusion, I'll still be playing CubeCraft every once and a while, but these issues definitely need to be fixed.
The server is dying, most likely due to all of these issues, and they really need to fix this.

My final score is
4.5/10

Quick edit: I was expecting a lot of salt in the comments, honestly. I'm glad to see everyone's being civil about their comments, thanks for that!

Last edited:

Onik

Dedicated Member
Nov 25, 2016
California
I've been playing CubeCraft since around 2016, I took a break around 2017, and I've recently started playing again.
I've always wanted to write a review for CubeCraft, as I have a lot on my mind about it that I would like to share with the staff, and possibly players.

If you don't agree with my review, don't bother posting things in the comments such as "You're just bad at the game", or something stupid like that. A review is an opinion, and I'm sharing my review with the players and staff of CubeCraft.

Ever since I've been playing CubeCraft, I've noticed that the server has several issues with the frame rate, and connect to the server in general. I've only ever had these issues with CubeCraft, and no other server.
While playing games such as Eggwars, or Skywars, I would take an item out of a chest, walk away, and the item I had taken out just immediately pops back into the chest. Once again, I have only ever experienced issues like this on CubeCraft, and no other server. As for the frame rate: It randomly drops at times, even on the simplest of maps. I could be on a map that's 95% void, and yet, somehow the frame rate will drop. I have an Alienware PC, so there should be no reason as to why this happens. I have no idea what could be causing it, and again, it only happens on CubeCraft. I understand the spawn, as it has several maps, entities, etc. But again, a map that is 95% or so void lags my minecraft for no reason at all. It's kind of ridiculous, and needs to be fixed.
I asked my friend what he thinks of the lag issue (He has the issue too), and he said this:

I'm sorry to be so blunt, but the moderation on the server is absolutely terrible. I've encountered countless hackers within the short week I've been playing. Players have hit me from about 6-7 blocks away, while also being behind a wall, and no staff have ever done anything about it. I've had my friend come on with me a few times, and he agrees the same people who use reach against me use it against him too.
"The moderation is pretty bad, hackers get away with not getting banned too much. Sentinal barely does anything either."
I believe a few of the people who have hit me from several blocks away could have been from the lag, but, that leads us back to the first part of the review. Nothing excuses the lag within the server.

As for the community, it gets very toxic sometimes. (This also has to do with the lack of moderation)
This section of the review will be short, and I haven't even asked my friend about the community yet, and he's said this:
Although being rude isn't completely against the rules, but constantly reading "lmao you're bad" in the chat should deserve at least a staff member saying "Hey, knock it off.", but I haven't seen a single moderator during my whole experience playing CubeCraft, and I've had about 150 hours of total playtime.

The games on CubeCraft are good, and would be enjoyable if it were not for the other issues with the server.
A few maps have OK design, but most have good design.
Almost every map has several issues, though. Such as being stuck in the ground in random places (Usually on slabs),
and just other random glitches that happen for no reason.

In conclusion, I'll still be playing CubeCraft every once and a while, but these issues definitely need to be fixed.
The server is dying, most likely due to all of these issues, and they really need to fix this.

My final score is
4.5/10
For Framerate that's all on your side, I suggest if you haven't done so already allocate more RAM towards MC. Also have Optifine, which really helps boost your Framerate.
As for hackers, you can always record it and report it on reports.cubecraft.net
Toxic players are common anywhere not just on Cubecraft, welcome to reality? You can't really warn someone just for being toxic, however, if they do swear at ya you can report it as well. Here's their site for what is reportable: cubecraft.net/rules (Offered in many languages)

Smoothlyy

Forum Expert
Mar 28, 2019
USA
For Framerate that's all on your side, I suggest if you haven't done so already allocate more RAM towards MC. Also have Optifine, which really helps boost your Framerate.
Toxic players are common anywhere not just on Cubecraft, welcome to reality? You can't really warn someone just for being toxic, however, if they do swear at ya you can report it as well. Here's their site for what is reportable: cubecraft.net/rules (Offered in many languages)

Cubecraft has extreme amounts of toxicity, just hop into FFA.

Reactions: AlexHasAHat
Jun 12, 2019

As I said, it's nothing on my side. I have optifine, and I even set my render distance to it's smallest, and the frame rate hadn't changed.
Again, I've had none of these issues on any minecraft server but this one.

I've already done the ram trick, and as for recording the hackers.. Considering almost every game I go into has at least one, that would be too much work.

And I never said people should be warned for being toxic, I was merely saying that moderator's need to be online more often, and should once again, at least tell the person to not be rude. And when I say rude, I mean something along the lines of "lmao ur so bad" (In an un-ironic, and more jerky way)

Reactions: Smoothlyy

Nattay

Sep 2, 2016
'merica
www.youtube.com
As I said, it's nothing on my side. I have optifine, and I even set my render distance to it's smallest, and the frame rate hadn't changed.
Again, I've had none of these issues on any minecraft server but this one.

I've already done the ram trick, and as for recording the hackers.. Considering almost every game I go into has at least one, that would be too much work.

And I never said people should be warned for being toxic, I was merely saying that moderator's need to be online more often, and should once again, at least tell the person to not be rude. And when I say rude, I mean something along the lines of "lmao ur so bad" (In an un-ironic, and more jerky way)
I agree with most of what you said, when it comes to the toxicity and such it's much more pronounced on cubecraft than most other servers I play on. And I play on a lot of 1.7 pvp servers, so I know where I'm coming from.

I too experience many glitches, and when it comes to lag, my r5 1600 can handle most everything without a problem. But, sometimes, the game will lag spike, or freeze when I enter the lobby. My cpu is at a 12% load and my gpu at a 40% load at these times. I've allocated 6gb of 3000mhz ram and that only ever hits 50% during these times. I'm not sure what the deal is.

I agree there are many problems with cheaters, as well. I've reported plenty hackers and have gotten most of them banned myself, and it's very common. Although, a few times, Sentinel has caught them before I could.

The anti-cheat needs a desperate improvement, the lag while may be on the client side of 1.14.2 should *still* be looked into. I respect your review, although I'd rate it a little higher, I think what you said has some valid points. Except, you maybe shouldn't have depended upon what your friend said as much as you did. This is your review, after all.

AngelClick3r

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Oct 12, 2018
mexico
www.cubecraft.net
Tienes algo en lo cierto en algunos bugs pero lo demas lo pueden evitar o reportando o quitar el chat para no ver comentarios toxicos ya que ahi muchos no solo en cubecraft sino en todos los servers.

English Translated.

You have something right in some bugs but the rest can avoid or report or remove the chat to not see toxic comments since there many not only in cubecraft but in all servers.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Well there aren’t that many active mods and sadly enough there aren’t many players left that are really qualified to become helper, so that explains most of it.

WhoLetTheJakeOut

Oct 15, 2016
I've actually never experienced any lagg spikes during a gamemode (like skywars, eggwars, ..). I have no idea why you're experiencing these lagg spikes. Your computer is a good one, like mine, so the problem isn't your computer. Furthermore, you've already done all the possible ways (I know) to prevent lagg from happening like turning your render distance down, the RAM-trick, .. Maybe, you could try other texture packs which could boost your FPS? (I've no idea myself if that will work, but I'm just trying my best to help you).

About this, you're actually right. The moderation regarding Cubecraft isn't that good, due to several reasons:
  • There are a small 8 staff members who work on the server daily. They aren't with many and they're volunteers as well.
  • The Sentinel anti-cheat is a good one in my opinion, although they should focus on updating it. It still works fine: it bans a lot of cheaters I report on the report website, in-game, ...
  • Like Marieke2001 has stated here above: there aren't that many dedicated players who are qualified enough to become a Helper.

The community is toxic like every other community, although I think that the community isn't that toxic as you're claiming in your review (my own opinion). The moderators and staff members are working really hard to maintain order on the network, and they're actually doing well if they're working and are available. In addition, this is a really big network with thousands of players daily. There are like 10 moderators, so it's logic that you don't see them that often online since they're moderating in vanish (handling reports, ..).

OReiJohn

Jun 7, 2020
Now that you mention writing reviews I will do one too. Mind I created an account on this forum just to do this, I really feel strongly about what I’m about to say.

The cubecraft games (I play mobile) are very good, they are the most elaborate of all the other servers. The designs, the best. But there is one major thing that ruins it all, there are SO many hackers, I don’t get to play more than five games without there being a hacker, sometimes there’s more than one. I think this is largely due to two things,

1 I think it’s way to hard to ban people on cubecraft not on the Xbox thing, there should be an in game way to report people where you don’t have to write the name because it’s impossible to remember.

2 The hackers always have many accounts (I once was in a game and a fly hacker was joking with me about him having five accounts he said “oh no im getting reported, by by 5th account) These people don’t deserve to play the game. Now I’m no tech expert but is there a way to block their ip number instead of account so that they can’t use a different account? So block the device, not the account. Idk but it would be nice to see that.

On a happier note I have a game idea, how about a Mega eggwars like there is in Skywars that would be cool.

Another game idea, Army pvp, we all start with the same stuff and go at each other in big groups.

As master dragon said before me, it’s too hard to report people on the website, need an in-game thing

Well there aren’t that many active mods and sadly enough there aren’t many players left that are really qualified to become helper, so that explains most of it.

How do u become someone “qualified helper” that can’t actually ban hackers I’d love that, my user name on cubecraft is OReiJohn mcpe

Sterrem Natch said there are only like 10 moderators, maybe there should be more, people that have fulfilled a quota of whatever hours and have never done anything suspicious. Even if some of those go rogue the majority won’t and those that do can still be banned by seniors to them. This will also be good for multiple account hackers, they won’t have the hours on a new account to have any power.

Overall message: distribute power throughout the community

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
said there are only like 10 moderators
There are 30 currently
maybe there should be more, people that have fulfilled a quota of whatever hours and have never done anything suspicious. Even if some of those go rogue the majority won’t and those that do can still be banned by seniors to them. This will also be good for multiple account hackers, they won’t have the hours on a new account to have any power.
You can trust some random player that could’ve stayed afk. This can Do more harm than good imo
How do u become someone “qualified helper” that can’t actually ban hackers I’d love that, my user name on cubecraft is OReiJohn mcpe
cbecrft.net/helper
it’s too hard to report people on the website, need an in-game thing
afaik it’s coming soon
The hackers always have many accounts (I once was in a game and a fly hacker was joking with me about him having five accounts he said “oh no im getting reported, by by 5th account) These people don’t deserve to play the game. Now I’m no tech expert but is there a way to block their ip number instead of account so that they can’t use a different account? So block the device, not the account. Idk but it would be nice to see that.
IP bans are already a thing (Blocked Conection), however it can be bypassed

SpringWarz

Senior Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
May 2, 2016
Scotland
www.google.co.uk
Now that you mention writing reviews I will do one too. Mind I created an account on this forum just to do this, I really feel strongly about what I’m about to say.

The cubecraft games (I play mobile) are very good, they are the most elaborate of all the other servers. The designs, the best. But there is one major thing that ruins it all, there are SO many hackers, I don’t get to play more than five games without there being a hacker, sometimes there’s more than one. I think this is largely due to two things,

1 I think it’s way to hard to ban people on cubecraft not on the Xbox thing, there should be an in game way to report people where you don’t have to write the name because it’s impossible to remember.

2 The hackers always have many accounts (I once was in a game and a fly hacker was joking with me about him having five accounts he said “oh no im getting reported, by by 5th account) These people don’t deserve to play the game. Now I’m no tech expert but is there a way to block their ip number instead of account so that they can’t use a different account? So block the device, not the account. Idk but it would be nice to see that.

On a happier note I have a game idea, how about a Mega eggwars like there is in Skywars that would be cool.

Another game idea, Army pvp, we all start with the same stuff and go at each other in big groups.
Hello! Please avoid posting on threads that haven't been posted on for over 3 weeks.
No Necro-posting. This is replying to threads which haven't been posted on within 3 weeks. They are not allowed to be revived. Does not apply to news posts, games, map submissions or introduction threads.
Feel free to read the rules here: https://www.cubecraft.net/rules and if you have any questions/issues, feel free to start a conversation with me!

- Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
we want cubecraft 2023 :(
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #40-
Walt Disney currently holds the most Academy Awards. Till now, Disney won 26 Oscars. Disney is nominated a grand total of 59 times!
Eli wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow!!!
Eli
"What say you?" said he, the abyss did not respond back.
Top Bottom