Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rakion

Aug 2, 2016
Then what is the difference between a normal ban and an IP, if I may ask? That friend is banned anyways...

@Flareon73 Mind not quadruple posting? :confused1:

Also, I feel like many people aren't getting the point of (most) of this/these threads.
He is reporting hackers right now. He is okay with reporting hackers every once in a while. He thinks there are too much hackers right now. He is giving a solution for this problem. IMO though, IP bans won't be better than normal bans. Using software (VPN's), you can completely avoid them. Especially for the hackers that have some experience with computers.
(And BABY_CLOROX, when posting a thread, search for some keywords in your idea. Your suggestion/idea might have already been suggested.)
Automatic, bot like responses saying where and how you can report them is a clear sign that you haven't even been reading his complains.
(Sidenote: if something has been worked on for X amount of time, doesn't have to mean that it's gonna be finished soon)
Well, even if the hacker was banned, what if the other friend was not? He just got banned unfairly. There's multiple scenario's where ip bans can be a mistake.

Simbaaa

Dedicated Member
Jul 11, 2014
USA
I think everyone who is mad about not having a perfected Anti-Cheat out yet has missed the most obvious reason why. Yes, the current Anti-Cheat is bugged and doesn't work correctly. I got kicked for "Anti-Knockback Detected" the other day because someone was kitting me while I was against a fence in Skywars. But the main reason why a good Anti-Cheat isn't out yet is because of all the things that still have to be done. There are so many things down for Maintenance right now that the Dev team doesn't have the time to stop and focus on one thing at a time. Because that means that Skyblock, Factions, UHC, Parkour, Hide & Seek, and anything else that has been down for almost a year will take even longer to come back up. So the Dev team just needs the patience and cooperation of the players to be patient with them while they work on the multiple things across the server that need to be worked on.

For now, like others have suggested, just record & report as many hackers as possible to help limit the number of them. And hopefully current hackers will get some common sense and realize that once the new Anti-Cheat is out, they wont be able to use hacked clients anymore :D

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
Well, even if the hacker was banned, what if the other friend was not? He just got banned unfairly. There's multiple scenario's where ip bans can be a mistake.
Then they can appeal and if they're sincere, they can get unbanned.

BABY_CLOROX

Jun 11, 2016
record and reporting doesnt fix the real issue. hackers just get new accounts as soon as they get banned. And i dont think hackers read the forums. Even if an ip ban was temp. till the new anti-cheat is out it would help alot. You can ban the ip of all the hackers and once the anit-cheat comes out you unban all banned ip addresses. Its actually pretty simple. The point of this post wasnt to complain about hackers or whatever. It was to post a suggestion that could be done about them. Its so easy to get a hacked client and new account. Changing ip or a vpn isnt as easy. You need very little computer skills to download a hacked client. Ip banning would solve the issue of people getting another "stolen" account and coming right back onto the server. Like i suggested, when a hacker is reported their ip goes onto a list, if they get caught hacking again after they have been placed on that list then they get ip banned. It also doesnt have to be a perm ip ban. It can be the 30 day like they do with the account ban or it can be till the new and improved anti-cheat is released. As everyone can see from this screenshot http://imgur.com/BdyIOuW i run into multiple hackers a day, and im just 1 person, so obviously there is a abundance of hackers on the server. Just in that screenshot i have banned 44 hackers, not to mention all the other reports that were "closed" because the person i reported was already banned from a different report. The whole point of the post was to suggest an idea, which is why it was put into the "suggestion" section, not to start a war or anything.

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
record and reporting doesnt fix the real issue. hackers just get new accounts as soon as they get banned. And i dont think hackers read the forums. Even if an ip ban was temp. till the new anti-cheat is out it would help alot. You can ban the ip of all the hackers and once the anit-cheat comes out you unban all banned ip addresses. Its actually pretty simple. The point of this post wasnt to complain about hackers or whatever. It was to post a suggestion that could be done about them. Its so easy to get a hacked client and new account. Changing ip or a vpn isnt as easy. You need very little computer skills to download a hacked client. Ip banning would solve the issue of people getting another "stolen" account and coming right back onto the server. Like i suggested, when a hacker is reported their ip goes onto a list, if they get caught hacking again after they have been placed on that list then they get ip banned. It also doesnt have to be a perm ip ban. It can be the 30 day like they do with the account ban or it can be till the new and improved anti-cheat is released. As everyone can see from this screenshot http://imgur.com/BdyIOuW i run into multiple hackers a day, and im just 1 person, so obviously there is a abundance of hackers on the server. Just in that screenshot i have banned 44 hackers, not to mention all the other reports that were "closed" because the person i reported was already banned from a different report. The whole point of the post was to suggest an idea, which is why it was put into the "suggestion" section, not to start a war or anything.
IP bans dont work any hacker with alts generally knows how to use a VPN which changes their ip address. The only people that would be affected are people who dont know how to use vpns which are generally younger siblings.

I feel like I've responded to this thread with that exact answer...

Snodia

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2015
deep inside my mind...
We are very aware of the hacker issue and are working our hardest to do something about it. Others have mentioned the state of the anticheat.

The thing about IP bans is that, if multiple people in a certain place play minecraft... only the hacker should be punished for their wrongdoing. If we gave ip bans to all hackers then siblings/friends/others wouldn't be able to use that ip to play legit.

I'm sure you wouldn't like it if you had a sibling or friend that hacked while at your house and you got punished as well for what the other person did.

I'm gonna lock this thread as all it's done is cause an uproar and fighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

BurgerCat13 wrote on wischmoppl's profile.
Happy birthday wischii
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on wischmoppl's profile.
Happy bday 🎉
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on wischmoppl's profile.
Happy birthday!:D
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Hello Acra, how are you?:D
Top Bottom