Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
Adding a 20 second period at the start of the game during which you cannot leave your island would accomplish absolutely nothing. It would just waste more of your time - even when you do not rush.

So, I'm going away from my island within 5 seconds. I grab the iron, buy leather gear and get blocks. What happens when there is the 20 second period which you are suggesting? Well.. I don't suddenly decide to stay on my island for a couple minutes. No, I just get more iron to grab a sword, a pickaxe, some food and arrive 20 seconds later at your island.

It would be nothing but a waste of your and my time. If you can't deal with it at the start of the game, you can't deal with it 20 seconds later. You'll be just as salty about it.

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
No need to respond like a [removed]. He knows that doesn't make it any less "unfun". Ruins the game and since it happens nearly every game (ik cause I do it) and all the top players play during peek hours you can't avoid it
Well that is kinda how the game works, and if you die early on you just join another one. that game might not have been fun but you just move on and play again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: keirah and rezlang

Kylo2532

Jun 11, 2020
personally I thinking adding a 20 second grace period where you can't leave your island would be good.
all this means is that you'll die 20 seconds later, especially if the team is as skilled as you say, since they would have time to not only get blocks but likely also a sword and armor.

Reactions: rezlang

Wolfhawk33

Jan 19, 2021
Well that is kinda how the game works, and if you die early on you just join another one. that game might not have been fun but you just move on and play again.
Just because it's "how the game works" doesn't make it any less unfun

Wolfhawk33

Jan 19, 2021
great argument
hear me out though
you could just not die 🤷‍♂️
1. I absolutely despise emojis, Because now in days the only people who use them are the ones that think acting sassy suddenly makes their comment better/funnier (it doesn't)

2. "you could just not die" well golly gee wilikers, why didn't I think about that, silly me, it's not like an entire team literally speed bridge to our base, and broke our egg, before we even had a chance to actually play, OH WAIT, that's exactly what happened

Reactions: InkAsriel

Wolfhawk33

Jan 19, 2021
all this means is that you'll die 20 seconds later, especially if the team is as skilled as you say, since they would have time to not only get blocks but likely also a sword and armor.
Look I just want a few extra seconds, where I can actually play the game, and not get killed almost immediately after the game starts, I'm not asking for an instant win, or for things to be harder for my opponents, I'm asking for time to actually play the game

Wolfhawk33

Jan 19, 2021
1. I absolutely despise emojis, Because now in days the only people who use them are the ones that think acting sassy suddenly makes their comment better/funnier (it doesn't)

2. "you could just not die" well golly gee wilikers, why didn't I think about that, silly me, it's not like an entire team literally speed bridge to our base, and broke our egg, before we even had a chance to actually play, OH WAIT, that's exactly what happened
Oh and just to be clear, this is what happened,

The game starts, and me and my teammate go to cover our egg, the second we cover it, I immediately see red has build a bridge leading to our base, in a surprisingly short amount of time, we barely have any time to do any anything else, because red immediately decided the moment, they got blocks, they were going to speed blitz(I think that's the right phase our base, we didn't have a chance to go to the other islands, or stay in the game long enough to have fun

"But aren't you supposed to do what red team did"

Breaking your opponent's egg, by any means necessary is a part of the game, I'm fully aware of that, blitzing your opponent can be considered a strategy, but that doesn't make it any less unfun, Because whoever it's happening too, is more or less, getting their game ripped from them, before they even had a chance to play it

Last edited:

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
i can relate quite a bit to the frustration you're feeling, its why i dont/barely play pvp games anymore. back years ago things were casual most of the times, now its just about being the best and speedrunning the hell out of games, which really ruins the fun for people who dont care about spending 24/7 getting better in a game made of blocks. i still got school and everything like most people, so i simply have better priorities in life.

my experience with pvp now?
you spawn, you try to buy a weapon (or if playing skywars, open a chest) and you're already dead instantly. im quite fast in general, but people honestly really need to go outside more often if they try this hard to become faster in games. also noticed some of these tryhards really need to calm down, they're more toxic then my father when driving x3

to give a simple answer on your question;
its the most normal thing to do.

the problem with this, it keeps happening over, and over... you can barely play a normal game anymore, which is ruining it for people who dont care about wins, but still want to have a chance and play for fun. im sure you dont find fun in joining and leaving the whole time in stead of playing the game.

Reactions: Wolfhawk33

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
Well as they say the best defense is a good offense, so just rush them, before they can rush you.

Also, what map were you playing, and are you java or bedrock?

And yes you are in the wrong for being salty. Everyone deserves to play their own style without getting hated on (unless their hacking)

Reactions: ItzEnd3r

keirah

Novice Member
Jul 20, 2020
THEY/she
i actually really disagree with this. like you already said its apart of the game and it is a strategy. just keep playing and practicing and then you can become one of them :P

Wolfhawk33

Jan 19, 2021
i actually really disagree with this. like you already said its apart of the game and it is a strategy. just keep playing and practicing and then you can become one of them :P
(Sarcasm) Ah yes Nothing more fun than using a cheap rush strategy to win a game, without any issues, or challenge.

Wolfhawk33

Jan 19, 2021
Well as they say the best defense is a good offense, so just rush them, before they can rush you.

Also, what map were you playing, and are you java or bedrock?

And yes you are in the wrong for being salty. Everyone deserves to play their own style without getting hated on (unless their hacking)
1. Bedrock

2. Ok what's fun about winning a game without having a challenge, and what's fun about losing a game before you even got a chance to play it,

3. I know this kinda goes against the title of my post, but I have every right to be salty, but that doesn't mean, I automatically hate people who use that strategy

Reactions: InkAsriel

Wave Master7S

Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2020
United States
Pronouns
He/Him
1. Bedrock

2. Ok what's fun about winning a game without having a challenge, and what's fun about losing a game before you even got a chance to play it,

3. I know this kinda goes against the title of my post, but I have every right to be salty, but that doesn't mean, I automatically hate people who use that strategy
Who were the players?

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
1. Bedrock

People have a right to play without having to deal with toxic people that are mad just because they didnt win every single game.

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
there's a difference in getting mad over losing and being unable to play because people only care about winning the first 3 minutes
Yes but you shouldnt be toxic since it really is quite annoying.

I suggest typing /leave and going into a new game. If you're really struggling with this get a rank so you can choose maps, and then choose maps that arent as good for rushing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congratulations on helper W:D
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations on helper!:D
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!:D
Reesle wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats on Helper!! 🥳
Reesle wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congratulations on Helper role, Frontlane! You were a great Mod and I’m certain you will be a great one again!
Top Bottom