Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Livvv

Pineapplerator - Daily Quotes
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
So, hai there!

I was thinking and in my opinion, the staff-help channel is a bit disorganized from time to time. The biggest reason to this is probably that people report rulebreakers in this channel.

What I am suggesting is a ingame-reporting channel in the discord. This channel would only be for people who wants to drop names of hackers on discord so a staff member can check on them if they got time and staff-help would only be for players who actually got questions or need help.

In the ingame-reporting channel, you would be able to report someone by just typing the name of the rulebreaker and the reason to why you're reporting them. An example would be: Livvyyx - Killaura

Then the staff member who check the channel would be able to see what's going on and could add a reaction to the messages or just simply say that they will look at the players listed above.

This wouldn't just make it easier for the staff team, it would also be easier for the players to know where to turn if they aren't able to record and report hackers. Though you would not be able to report chat offenses.

Livvv

Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
OMG I’m in love w/ this idea, though how bout /report for plusplayers, it would become a bit redundant
Though staff members get a ping about that, this would be on discord and staff could only check on this if they got time over, they wouldn't be forced to actually deal with every single rulebreaker in this channel.

Reactions: Anthoken and Keanu

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Personally I think the #staff-help channel is manageable at the moment. There are some parts of the days where there's a sudden influx of players reporting another; which is to be expected. It does spam and fill up the chat, especially when players keep repeating the same thing about the same player, but it's not all too bad. Creating another special channel for players to report another player is not a bad idea, but I don't like the idea of having to split my attention to two separate channels to deal with in game matters and inquiries other players have. Usually when players have questions but post in a channel that isn't #staff-help, they would get directed to the appropriate channel by some helpful community members. Half the time these players want to report a player, the other half, they actually have questions. It's just a lot more simpler to keep reporting players and questions in the same channel. That way, we don't have to redirect the players again + we'll be able to multitask better and more efficiently.

Again, just my personal preference :P

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
Maastricht, the Netherlands
youtu.be
Personally I think the #staff-help channel is manageable at the moment. There are some parts of the days where there's a sudden influx of players reporting another; which is to be expected. It does spam and fill up the chat, especially when players keep repeating the same thing about the same player, but it's not all too bad. Creating another special channel for players to report another player is not a bad idea, but I don't like the idea of having to split my attention to two separate channels to deal with in game matters and inquiries other players have. Usually when players have questions but post in a channel that isn't #staff-help, they would get directed to the appropriate channel by some helpful community members. Half the time these players want to report a player, the other half, they actually have questions. It's just a lot more simpler to keep reporting players and questions in the same channel. That way, we don't have to redirect the players again + we'll be able to multitask better and more efficiently.

Again, just my personal preference :p
Idk how it is to be staff but I think it’s handy. If you can’t come online you ibly have to focus on 1 channel.

D

Deleted member 59979

I don't really want this. Staff-help is spammed with people reporting hackers and stuff when really they shouldn't be and it just fills up chat and it's annoying. If they're gonna do anything about it whatsoever then it should be stopping dealing with hackers and redirect people to the reports site as they say that they will in #cubecraft.

Quetzi

Jun 7, 2017
@quetzi
quetzi.tv
I don't really want this. Staff-help is spammed with people reporting hackers and stuff when really they shouldn't be and it just fills up chat and it's annoying. If they're gonna do anything about it whatsoever then it should be stopping dealing with hackers and redirect people to the reports site as they say that they will in #cubecraft.

This. There seems to be this expectation that if you use Labymod the accepted way of reporting is by dropping a name in #staff-help. This is not the case. At this point the only reports that we should really be seeing in #staff-help should be coming from Bedrock players (because we don't have a reports site that works for them yet). The other thing to note is that a name by itself is not very useful, we have 3 Minecraft networks and it's not obvious which one a player is on just by looking at the name. To add to that, players then pinging non moderation staff because their 'reports' in #staff-help aren't dealt with is beyond annoying, use the reports site, it's why it exists.

Nikoshka

Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2018
This. There seems to be this expectation that if you use Labymod the accepted way of reporting is by dropping a name in #staff-help. This is not the case. At this point the only reports that we should really be seeing in #staff-help should be coming from Bedrock players (because we don't have a reports site that works for them yet). The other thing to note is that a name by itself is not very useful, we have 3 Minecraft networks and it's not obvious which one a player is on just by looking at the name. To add to that, players then pinging non moderation staff because their 'reports' in #staff-help aren't dealt with is beyond annoying, use the reports site, it's why it exists.

Personally, I feel as if you should do something about the situation though.

Imo, you should either:

1) Create a new reporting channel -

Currently, a lot of questions which are actually requiring help from staff aren't resolved because of the spam of constant player reports. A reporting channel would probably make this process a bit easier since these questions won't be spam cleared by the constant flow of reports.

2) Ban reports in #staff-help altogether and refer them to the reporting site.

Imo, this isn't the ideal situation since the reports site is incredibly inconvenient for the regular casual player:
Please note, I said regular casual player and not regular casual no-life reporter helper wannabe.

- You have to download a screen recording software. Often, many computers simply can't deal with screen recording whilst gaming.
- You have to create a youtube account which is just a kerfuffle.
- Upload time (waiting)
- Slow staff response (even more waiting)
- Hacker is probably banned after the hacker has killed everyone in the game.
- Also, the majority of the CCG playerbase is quite young so a lot of parents may have not allowed their children access to youtube account creation.

Please note that most players will simply want to drop a name in staff help quickly so that their game is cheat-free.

D

Deleted member 59979

- You have to download a screen recording software. Often, many computers simply can't deal with screen recording whilst gaming.
- You have to create a youtube account which is just a kerfuffle.
- Upload time (waiting)
- Slow staff response (even more waiting)
- Hacker is probably banned after the hacker has killed everyone in the game.
- Also, the majority of the CCG playerbase is quite young so a lot of parents may have not allowed their children access to youtube account creation.

Please note that most players will simply want to drop a name in staff help quickly so that their game is cheat-free.

- You don't need to download a screen recorder. All computers running Windows 10 have a built in screen recorder with Windows + G and the amount of people not running windows 10 these days is incredibly low. Even my laptop could run OBS on minimum settings and my laptop barely gets 50fps with minimum settings without recording.
- It's not hard to create a youtube account. It takes about 5-10 minutes and it only needs to be done once.
- Most videos only take a few minutes to upload. You can easily just upload the video and play a game while you wait.
- Staff respond to reports as soon as they can. From my experience it is fairly fast., I usually have reports dealt with within a day
- If the hacker gets banned by sentinel or another report then oh well. The end outcome is the same.
- If you are too young to own a youtube account then you are too young to own a discord account as both legally require you to be above the age of 13, as stated in their terms of service.

Reactions: Livvv

Nikoshka

Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2018
- You don't need to download a screen recorder. All computers running Windows 10 have a built in screen recorder with Windows + G and the amount of people not running windows 10 these days is incredibly low. Even my laptop could run OBS on minimum settings and my laptop barely gets 50fps with minimum settings without recording.
- It's not hard to create a youtube account. It takes about 5-10 minutes and it only needs to be done once.
- Most videos only take a few minutes to upload. You can easily just upload the video and play a game while you wait.
- Staff respond to reports as soon as they can. From my experience it is fairly fast., I usually have reports dealt with within a day
- If the hacker gets banned by sentinel or another report then oh well. The end outcome is the same.
- If you are too young to own a youtube account then you are too young to own a discord account as both legally require you to be above the age of 13, as stated in their terms of service.

1) I know it's not hard to create a youtube account. It's just a bit of a hassle in my opinion if you're only ever going to use youtube for reporting players. I also forgot to mention that you need to register for a reports site account as well.
2) I used to use a laptop which took me about 40 minutes to upload to YT. There are always going to be people who will struggle with this.
3) One minute is quicker than a day. Simply drop a name in staff chat and the hacker will be banned literally whilst you're still in the same game.
4) Greater chance of the hacker being banned by Sentinel if one day is waited. AKA: Wasting staff time.
5) Fair enough. The in-game system of reporting would perhaps be better then if it were opened up for everyone.

Also, recording in itself can be annoying as you have to meet specific requirements in order for a video to be valid. When I was a staff member, it was a lot easier to just TP and spectate the player as most reports had already been taken care of by sentinel or they were invalid or they were incredibly annoying to watch due to the player's camera angle/ recording software/ FPS / texture pack/ etc.

D

Deleted member 59979

1) I know it's not hard to create a youtube account. It's just a bit of a hassle in my opinion if you're only ever going to use youtube for reporting players. I also forgot to mention that you need to register for a reports site account as well.
2) I used to use a laptop which took me about 40 minutes to upload to YT. There are always going to be people who will struggle with this.
3) One minute is quicker than a day. Simply drop a name in staff chat and the hacker will be banned literally whilst you're still in the same game.
4) Greater chance of the hacker being banned by Sentinel if one day is waited. AKA: Wasting staff time.
5) Fair enough. The in-game system of reporting would perhaps be better then if it were opened up for everyone.

Also, recording in itself can be annoying as you have to meet specific requirements in order for a video to be valid. When I was a staff member, it was a lot easier to just TP and spectate the player as most reports had already been taken care of by sentinel or they were invalid or they were incredibly annoying to watch due to the player's camera angle/ recording software/ FPS / texture pack/ etc.
- It takes about 5 minutes out of your life. That isn't much of a hassle whatsoever.
- Your laptop probably wasn't the issue it was just you having larger file sizes. Either way you can still just do other stuff while videos upload
- It doesn't take a minute though. I've seen hackers not dealt ever with in #staff-help dozens of times. On the reports site they are guaranteed to be banned. I
- It doesn't waste staff time because it takes a really short time to see if someone has already been banned and deny the report
- I'm not sure how the recording software would make it hard to watch a video.
- If someone's camera angle is messed up or someone's texture pack is bad or something that's something that the player should change. Just because someone has a different texture pack or something it doesn't mean we should let people post reports in #staff-help. There's no way to verify that they are unable to report and are just being lazy.
- Like I said before, if FPS is an issue then they can use a lower demanding recorder, such as the windows 10 inbuilt one. It affects your FPS so little that it's not noticable. If someone is complaining that they cant report because their FPS is too low then maybe closing discord might help as they're obviously on that.

Reactions: Livvv and Basketman

Nikoshka

Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2018
- It takes about 5 minutes out of your life. That isn't much of a hassle whatsoever.

I'd rather just drop a name into staff help than having to take 5 minutes to sign up to 2 websites. I personally would view it as a waste of time. It isn't exactly the player's responsibility to take care of hackers on Cubecraft...

- Your laptop probably wasn't the issue it was just you having larger file sizes. Either way you can still just do other stuff while videos upload

My file sizes were fine. I was using the xbox windows recorder at default settings. It was definitely my laptop. Perhaps you shouldn't assume these things when arguing your points? lol

- It doesn't take a minute though. I've seen hackers not dealt ever with in #staff-help dozens of times. On the reports site they are guaranteed to be banned.

Sure but it requires more player time wasted instead of them playing on the server. Having to constantly wait in order to make videos of hackers just takes away from the fun of the server.

- It doesn't waste staff time because it takes a really short time to see if someone has already been banned and deny the report

Eh fair enough.

- I'm not sure how the recording software would make it hard to watch a video.

I remember a lot of players would make obnoxious montages or use recording softwares with really awful settings or a huge watermark. Also, the recording software could crop half the video rendering it invalid.

- If someone's camera angle is messed up or someone's texture pack is bad or something that's something that the player should change. Just because someone has a different texture pack or something it doesn't mean we should let people post reports in #staff-help.

From a moderator's perspective, it was very annoying coming across a video which was too long, had a weird camera angle, annoying texture packs or really annoying mods.

I remember coming across a video with a guy using a weird mod pack and having a mental breakdown trying to figure out what's going on.

Also, videos were often waaayyy too long and sometimes it took up to 8 minutes to resolve a single report just because the user decided to not be helpful and made the video extra long.

As a player, you may not understand these things or how annoying they can be but honestly, they really frustrated me. I always loved just doing chat reports because they were easy to deny/accept and I could simply get on with my life without any hassle. It would have been so much easier if the player just told me a name and I could TP to them.

Of course, some moderators would deny the report for "too long" or something like that but that's not very user friendly imo.

There's no way to verify that they are unable to report and are just being lazy.

People who mention a name in staff help aren't being lazy. They just want a normal game on Cubecraft without having people cheat in it.

You need to think about the bigger perspective a little more imo. Most players are kids trying to have a fun time on Minecraft and not be policemen on Cubecraft. If there are too many hackers in a game, they'll probably just move to Hypickle or something.

- Like I said before, if FPS is an issue then they can use a lower demanding recorder, such as the windows 10 inbuilt one. It affects your FPS so little that it's not noticable. If someone is complaining that they cant report because their FPS is too low then maybe closing discord might help as they're obviously on that.

Rn it sounds like you've never had a crappy laptop lol.

Livvv

Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
There's a few reasons to why I made this thread. I have been staff on another community, the channel that was supposed to be for questions ect got spammed with players talking about hackers and trying to report them. Ofc we dealt with the hackers that got reported in that channel but it was quite annoying not being able to see people's questions and what they actually needed help with when the only thing you could see was "Hacker!! pls help!".

I do understand both staff and players side of this. I also appreciate everyone's opinions on this. It might get messy in the start, that Mods have to check 2 different channels but in the end, it would just be much easier to keep things organized.

And to add to the suggestion, the channel's name could just be "java-ingame-reporting" or something similar and if needed, one for bedrock could also get added, it all depends.

But I just think it would help the community a bit and make it easier for the staff members that are online and are able to deal with rulebreakers.

BringMeTheHorizon ♠

Forum Expert
Mar 29, 2017
United Stairs of America
Back when I used to report, it took me up to 32 minutes to upload a video. And no, I couldn't just play a game and wait. My internet would be hella laggy when uploading something so I couldn't be on cubecraft at all. Just because you have good, fast or stable internet, doesn't mean it's the same for everyone.

An addition to the argument would also be not having enough space to waste on recording hackers and such.

and the amount of people not running windows 10 these days is incredibly low
And your source of information is?

Reactions: Livvv and Nikoshka

Nikoshka

Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2018
Btw, just as a point of reference:

I'm not arguing to remove the reports site. That would be awful. There is still a community of dedicated players who are willing to help by recording/reporting and making staff lives easy by keeping their videos short and to the point.

However unfortunately the majority of website reporters aren't like that.

Obviously, there is no ideal solution except to acquire more staff members which is a whole new argument in itself.

When I was a staff member, I did suggest a #reports channel but it was turned down due to the immense number of reports it could potentially bring. I personally still stand by this suggestion as it would probably decrease report numbers on site imo aswell.

D

Deleted member 59979

I'm just going to summarise what I'm trying to say as most of my points are around the same thing. People should not act like everything should be laid out for them on a silver platter. People act like CubeCraft should be doing most of the work and in reality they shouldn't. You don't go to the bank and when they say it will take 3-5 days to process a cheque, you don't have a huge rant at the managers to make it faster. The same applies to CubeCraft. They try their best to make it as easy as possible, but in the end there's a limit to how much they can do. People need to learn to compromise for others. In no way am I saying that they should just "get over it" or anything, I'm just saying that people need to try other things rather than what is the absolute easiest option. It's a cruel fact of reality and I wish that it would just be this easy but unfortunately it isn't.

Just to re-iterate my stance on the suggestion, the idea would be better than the current situation but I think that they're are better solutions to this problem. It's something I've wanted to bring up for a while, but I've been trying to think of an even better solution than any that anyone has given.

I'm going to step out of this from now as I've made my point and that's all I wanted to share.

Nikoshka

Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2018
People act like CubeCraft should be doing most of the work and in reality they shouldn't. You don't go to the bank and when they say it will take 3-5 days to process a cheque, you don't have a huge rant at the managers to make it faster.

You shouldn't rely on players to be doing this work though. If anything, they'll just leave. So the more complicated Cubecraft makes the system, the worse it'll be for Cubecraft in the long run.

What you're comparing right now is just completely taken out of context though.
Most people rely on banks in order to process their money. Cubecraft relies on people.
There is a huge difference.

Besides, Cubecraft is an entertainment industry.
Unless you're really sad, nobody here relies on Cubecraft for their own entertainment.

From your logic: If Netflix (also another entertainment industry) constantly had bugs and issues which prevented me from watching series on there (similar to hackers preventing me from playing a fair game), I should wait 3-5 business days every time their site broke??? I would be outraged and I probably would complain and just move to another site and spend my money there. I'm paying Netflix, why in the world should I have to deal with their crap?

Of course not everyone is paying Cubecraft, but still, my example still stands in that it's ridiculous for Cubecraft to expect its people to report constantly in order for fair games when the player could simply move to a better server. The fact that people are even mentioning a name in staff help should be appreciated as it shows they are at least guiding/helping the staff members to improve the server.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on S4nne's profile.
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
🐺
Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Top Bottom