Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

____

Sep 14, 2019
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
mobile.twitter.com
Hello everyone!

If you've clicked on this thread, odds are that you have voted for the next featured game. Up until now, this always had to be done through the forums. In this suggestion, I'll be going into detail on how the current voting system could possibly be improved! :)

In-game voting system
Since Featured Games are changed every few days, I sometimes tend to forget to vote. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to cast a vote without even leaving the lobby? Here are some reasons why I think this should be implemented:

- In-game voting would allow more people to vote.
I can imagine that not everyone has a forums account and/or is interested in creating one just to cast a vote. Having an in-game voting system makes it more convenient and easy to do so, without even having to leave the lobby.

- The system ensures a fair vote.
In the current system, there have been several cases where multiple accounts were created for an unfair voting advantage. In-game voting would (almost) fully eliminate this issue and ensures a fairer vote.

- The system provides more attention to Featured Games.
The satisfaction of being able to make a change will possibly make more people want to actually play the games they have voted for.

Where and when do I cast my vote?
When the votes are open, clicking on the Featured Games NPC will allow you to choose your favourite game. Hovering over one of the games would also show the number of votes for that specific game. Although I'm not the most innovative engineer, I'd imagine the system to look something like this:

Example

Automation
To improve this even further, this could even be automated with some cool lines of code that changes the featured game based on the most popular vote. This one is for you, Camezonda.

Thanks a lot for reading my thread! I'd be thrilled to hear your thoughts and possible additions to this suggestion.
~Mythoid

ShinyArrow

Forum Expert
Aug 31, 2019
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi! I really like this suggestion and would like to see this as a feature! As you said not everyone has a forum account and can’t vote, with this as a feature everyone can get the possibility to choose their favourite featured game. Right now I see a lot of times blockwars winning the votings. With this suggestion as a feature there will be much more votes, which probably lead into more variation of votes every time. +1
- The system ensures a fair vote.
In the current system, there have been several cases where multiple accounts were created for an unfair voting advantage. In-game voting would (almost) fully eliminate this issue and ensures a fairer vote.
I know a lot of players who have a second/third account, so they could vote two times for their favourite game. But because there will be much more votes, I think this isn’t an extra problem.

Reactions: wxzzrd

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
Yes pls
At the moment only those who are on the forums can vote. As most players are not, this is quite unfair

Gemmmmie

Forum Veteran
Dec 31, 2017
The Butterfly Gardens
I love this idea, instead of around 100 people getting to vote, thousands could. It would really change the voting and make it fairer. As well as, a lot more people would be keen to try out the Featured Games to find their favourite, hence a slight increase in player count. I genuinely don't see any issues with this new system, it's amazing. Great suggestion! :>

Reactions: wxzzrd and ____

Quis

Forum Expert
Feb 4, 2020
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I don’t think this is handy for the staff team. Now it is handy to count the votes, but if everyone is gonna vote, it might be hard to count them.

On the forums, the poll is a really nice option, but I don’t know if it is possible to let minecraft count for you. If it’s possible, it might be a good one.

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
On the forums, the poll is a really nice option, but I don’t know if it is possible to let minecraft count for you. If it’s possible, it might be a good one.
It's definitely possible - we've done it before with things like with clickable chat on our Beta EggWars updates (and when we merged). It's not too difficult as far as I know. xP

Axyy

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2016
Gone
www.cubecraft.net
I don’t think this is handy for the staff team. Now it is handy to count the votes, but if everyone is gonna vote, it might be hard to count them.

Well, it would be automated so we won't need to count all the votes. 😛

It could possibly send out a message with the amount of votes to the Admin team as well. This would actually mean less work for the Admins as it would be completely automated

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
Id prefer the system there is right now because off the reason of fair votes now unfair votes get deleted while when there will be a very large amount of votes this will be Harder. People can also just buy alts for like 10 cents per account and vote unfairly

Ziu.

Novice Member
Apr 25, 2020
Lithuania
Hello.
Today I was about to make a thread about this topic and saw this thread, I want to bring more attention to this thread since it's almost 3 weeks old. I can't agree more, featured games should have in-game voting.

Edit: Add a poll for voting.

Reactions: xHappyMood
Top Bottom