Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you wan't to be able to just send a screenshot or a video file instead of a youtube video.

• Total voters

MonKus

Apr 6, 2020
I'm I the only one who thinks that the cubecraft report system is a bit flawed. It's so hard to actually report someone.
E.g. When you want to report anyone for griefing/camping/trolling you need proof in form of.. A YOUTUBE VIDEO. Not just a video clip or a screenshot or two. Nope, you need to give them a link to a youtube video. What if you are just a normal guy, see someone who are griefing/camping/trolling and just totally ruining the game experience for you and everyone else, then you first need to install a screen recorder (assuming you don't already have one), record what's happening (assuming you are fast enough to record it before its already over), then make a youtube account (assuming you don't have one) then upload the video to youtube and send the link to cubecraft. That takes a looooong time and most people won't go through that just to report some idiot. Therefore I think that you should be able to just send them a screenshot (or multiple) or a video file.
Sry for the bad English grammar. My first language isn't English.

SanCookie

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🖌️ Sr. Designer
Mar 18, 2017
the selfie area
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
The problem with screenshots is that it sometimes is so unclear if a player is actually breaking the rules or that it just looks like they are, a video makes these things much more clear. The job of a moderator will be so much more difficult if they actually have to look at just one screenshot to see if someone is camping/trolling or if it's just a screenshot taken from the right angle

Besides that, when someone installed a screenrecorder and made a youtube channel, they don't have to do that ever again, so that's two steps skipped for the next report, and uploading a ~1 minute video doesn't take hours on youtube these days

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
Video evidence is way better, because staff members can see way more proof.
Screenshots can easily be edited, plus they can’t show as any clip can do.

MonKus

Apr 6, 2020
The problem with screenshots is that it sometimes is so unclear if a player is actually breaking the rules or that it just looks like they are, a video makes these things much more clear. The job of a moderator will be so much more difficult if they actually have to look at just one screenshot to see if someone is camping/trolling or if it's just a screenshot taken from the right angle

Besides that, when someone installed a screenrecorder and made a youtube channel, they don't have to do that ever again, so that's two steps skipped for the next report, and uploading a ~1 minute video doesn't take hours on youtube these days

But why cant you just send a video file?? Why the specific youtube video??

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
But why cant you just send a video file?? Why the specific youtube video??
I believe that would be due to storage. If you send a video file, they have to store it some place to use as evidence. That means they need a large data center to hold likely terabytes of data, and that costs quite a bit of money. Since Youtube offers free uploading and video storage, they can just use a link to the evidence which saves them time and money.

For the topic of using screenshots for certain punishments - I don't think that should be changed for a majority of the offences. Lets take flying for example. I can take multiple screenshots of someone tnt cannoning or jumping off of pillars and it will look a lot like flight. The staff team need to be positive that the person is breaking the rules, and screenshots just can't give that level of confidence for most of the offences.
The things you mentioned
griefing/camping/trolling
are even more difficult to punish for even with video evidence. Screenshots would come no where near the certainty you need to punish for that.

You also mentioned that it takes time to open up a screen recorder and sometimes that means you miss the offence. I recommend using a mod called ReplayMod. It is constantly recording your minecraft game in the background from a freecam perspective, and it does impact your computer's performance in anyway I have noticed. You can then go back through the recorder, and be able to get clear shots of whatever you need from any angle. Then you can record with a screen recorder or something and report that way. The program is also really good for timelapses if you want to start a skyblock series or something :p

HqppyFeet

Jun 25, 2016
As a Windows 10 User, I would always make sure that I record all of my gameplay using Windows 10's Gamebar feature.
Because, if I see a random player breaking the rules of the server, it would be caught on tape without me needing to press "record" as soon as I see him/her.

If my video files have no use, I would delete them to free up my storage space.
If I have caught a hacker, I would then open:
Cubecraft Reports Page,
Youtube/upload.
Youtube/Studio
Hitfilm Express (Video Editing Software)

On Hitfilm, I would crop the video file so that it would mainly focus on the evidence.
Then I would add some background music alongside my evidence.
Then I would add a fade effect on all files. Video and audio, at the start and the beginning.
If there are boring parts of the evidence, I would speed up some parts of the video...
Then Export..

Then upload that edited file onto youtube.
then. ye. report.

And Q&A
I do not understand OBS Studio. It keeps producing lag spikes on my evidence. It just doesn't like me.

Reactions: Vrtulnik
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
2v2 bedwars sucked so bad it made me a skywars main again
Reesle wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom