Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Have I convinced you of the opportunistic Lifestyle on Hypixel?

• Yes

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • No

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • Fire zDutchie for false banning me.

Votes: 9 42.9%

• Total voters

BadGuy

Novice Member
Feb 26, 2017
California
I started thinking again about the whole Bedwars scumbag move by Hypixel again and I want to rant about it so here goes.

The first thing to think about when on this topic is that nothing can be done about it unless Hypixel himself actually cares (which he doesn't) enough to do something or a large enough voice can be formed to demand it which wont happen either.

The recent success of Cubecraft and noticed an opportunity to kill two birds with one stone and created Bedwars to both absorb a large amount of the Cubecraft player base and also stop the momentum of Cubecraft. Its a massive and fairly undercovered scumbag move by hypixel and if you don't believe me I want to say a couple of things.

1) Hypixel wouldn't have done jack to make Bedwars if Eggwars didn't exist.

2) A lot of people defending Hypixel say that Cubecraft copied a game called rush so it's perfectly understandable that hypixel could do the same, But this argument is just plain wrong and uneducated If cube hadn't created Eggwars Hypixel wouldn't have made Bedwars, its similar to the Fortnite clickbait going on with youtube, people see its success and try to get in on its generated revenue, which brings me to the point that Bedwars represent greed, as a move to create a new paying player base solely for monetary gain.

I think I Nailed This.

Last edited:

Commissioned

Forum Expert
Apr 9, 2016
argleton
The recent success of Cubecraft and noticed an opportunity to kill two birds with one stone and created Bedwars to both absorb a large amount of the Cubecraft player base and also stop the momentum of Cubecraft. Its a massive and fairly undercovered scumbag move by hypixel and if you don't believe me I want to say a couple of things.
thats how business works...
whoever does one thing the best gets all the credit and profit
exactly? all cubecraft did was prove to hypixel that people like this sort of game, it's cube's own fault they neglected to update it once hypixel released their version to retain players
which brings me to the point that Bedwars represent greed, as a move to create a new paying player base solely for monetary gain.
the whole point of cube and hypixel is to make money..
Afterthought: I wonder how much money hypixel has made from bedwars?
idk hypixel doesn't publish their earnings so

Reactions: General Kenobi

schot

Dec 12, 2017
I started thinking again about the whole Bedwars scumbag move by Hypixel again and I want to rant about it so here goes.

The first thing to think about when on this topic is that nothing can be done about it unless Hypixel himself actually cares (which he doesn't) enough to do something or a large enough voice can be formed to demand it which wont happen either.

2) A lot of people defending Hypixel say that Cubecraft copied a game called rush so it's perfectly understandable that hypixel could do the same, But this argument is just plain wrong and uneducated If cube hadn't created Eggwars Hypixel wouldn't have made Bedwars, its similar to the Fortnite clickbait going on with youtube, people see its success and try to get in on its generated revenue, which brings me to the point that Bedwars represent greed, as a move to create a new paying player base solely for monetary gain.

I think I Nailed This.
Cubecraft also stole so much of Hypixel.
Prototype lobby --> beta games.
Hypixel says --> minerware.
Uhc --> Uhc.
build battle --> (cubecraft had a gamemode called creative battle in the past)
minecraft battle royale --> battle zone
Because bedwars is the only gamemode hypixel has stolen from cubecraft it doesn't mean that they are rant.
And Hypixel added much more to bedwars then cubecraft to eggwars. In my opininion Hypixel has a better developed gamemode.

Commissioned

Forum Expert
Apr 9, 2016
argleton
Hypixel says --> minerware.
minerware was before
(cubecraft had a gamemode called creative battle in the past)
it definitely wasn't called creative battle
minecraft battle royale --> battle zone
except cubecraft acutally made it better so
Because bedwars is the only gamemode hypixel has stolen from cubecraft it doesn't mean that they are rant.
they stole skywars as well but yes ok

Reactions: johncoles

BadGuy

Novice Member
Feb 26, 2017
California
thats how business works...
whoever does one thing the best gets all the credit and profit

exactly? all cubecraft did was prove to hypixel that people like this sort of game, it's cube's own fault they neglected to update it once hypixel released their version to retain players

the whole point of cube and hypixel is to make money..

idk hypixel doesn't publish their earnings so
This doesn't make punching down ok.

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
“There is no such thing as a new idea. It is impossible. We simply take a lot of old ideas and put them into a sort of mental kaleidoscope. We give them a turn and they make new and curious combinations. We keep on turning and making new combinations indefinitely; but they are the same old pieces of colored glass that have been in use through all the ages.”

-Mark Twain

It doesn't matter if it's cinema, literature, video games, whatever; people take ideas from other places, change them, and make them their own. There are no original ideas anymore, just different combinations of things to make different things. Yeah, it's pretty obvious that Hypixel lifted the idea for Bedwars from us, but I'm sure we've taken inspiration from them as well on certain things. Nothing to do about it, really.

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
The recent success of Cubecraft
What success?

Bedwars to both absorb a large amount of the Cubecraft player base and also stop the momentum of Cubecraft.
So, buisness?

Cubecraft wouldn't have done jack to make Eggwars if Bedwars (GommeHD) didn't exist.

Bedwars scumbag move by Hypixel again and I want to rant about
It's not a scumbag move. It's called being smart and beating out your opponent in buisness. You can choose to believe whatever you want, but I don't think Hypixel did anything wrong. (After all, Bedwars was a huge success. It gets more players than Cubecraft does as a whole).

a large enough voice can be formed to demand it which wont happen either.
Demand what? For Hypixel to remove bedwars? Go ahead, try it. (It's like telling Epic Games to remove Fortnite Battle Royale. It's not going to happen. Wanna know why? Because it's their most popular gamemode by a longshot).

Hypixel himself actually cares (which he doesn't)
Doesn't care about what?

Bedwars represent greed, as a move to create a new paying player base solely for monetary gain.
Well clearly the 10,000+ people who play it everyday just find it fun to play.
Also how does it represent greed? They were just doing their best to make their community happy, and they clearly succeeded. How is them getting a new playerbase bad? The more players the better.

I think I Nailed This.
Yeah but you didn't.

Its a massive and fairly undercovered scumbag move by hypixel and if you don't believe me I want to say a couple of things.
I read it and I still don't believe/agree with you.

Good day sir.

Members Online

Latest profile posts

Heya, after a good while years having not appreciated sleep a lot, have I learned things. I have most of the times seen it as a hindrance to things such as relations and projects. But after years I realised that you need to sleep to be well. Both physically and mentally. When I also realized that I could work better and more efficiently, did I try to get more sleep. That reminds me, I need to sleep now hah XD
Eli wrote on marshduck11's profile.
I like your profile picture
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Thank you so mush for everything

I know i am late bc i didn't realize that you have left the team sadly we see the better one go ..
Will be announcing the giveaway winner within the next 2 hours or so.
Reesle wrote on Cloudiefly's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂 ☁️
Top Bottom