Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Golden apple chugging is a problem if you like it or not. It's even a problem in UHC absorption less mode from my experience (different server :/ but still vanilla). I think I have thought of the way to completely end golden apple chugging without any negatives. Well 2 different ideas really

Make it so golden apples don't give absorption or are stackable. This way to use a golden apple you have to act like it's pot PVP and inventory frequently and using a golden apple last minute still kills you.

Or making it so each player can only hold 5 golden apples in their inventory. Having more than 5 won't let you buy anymore and people dropping gaps cause the gaps to despawn. This would make it so people can only eat 5 gaps before running out of healing.

(@CommunistCactus or @Gainfullterror made a thread discussing this before)

I know there are going to be people saying OMG JUST UPDATE TO 1.12 NO GAPPLE CHUGGING like I said gapple chugging is an issue even on 1.8 God knows when cubes going to update to 1.10.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Initially, 1.13 was scheduled to be released on May 30, 2018. However, the release was later pushed back to an undetermined date to fix critical bugs.[5]
https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/1.13

It shouldn't be that far away.

Anyway just increase the price in eggwars to like 10 gold or something. That'll do.
God knows when CUBECRAFT will update to 1.10. Also even if the price is set to 10 people can still grind out a stack of them. Capping it to 5 on the other hand prevents any way of getting lots of gaps.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
What about in overpowered mode. Would that still be 10 gold?
maybe 5.
God knows when CUBECRAFT will update to 1.10. Also even if the price is set to 10 people can still grind out a stack of them. Capping it to 5 on the other hand prevents any way of getting lots of gaps.
Early game they will be less frequent if you make them more expensive whilst just capping them at 5 won't help.
Late game it doesn't really matter anymore anyway.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
maybe 5.

Early game they will be less frequent if you make them more expensive whilst just capping them at 5 won't help.
Early game chugging is the issue. Not late game. Besides the people who camp on a gold gen the whole game have a better advantage since they get more gaps. Right now anything more than a stack is a bit much. It would stay the same if they cost 10 good just harder to get for rushing teams.

Except in op I don't find early gapple chugging a problem. Changing the price only makes people camp longer and quick heals between fights goes a long way.

A

A pigeon

I hope 1.14-16 fixes this chug problem.

Anyway can we just remove saturation and absorbtion from golden apples and leage them with regen thx. This is the worst part of 1.9+

TheDarkSavage

Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2018
Who knows?
www.cubecraft.net
Golden apple chugging is a problem if you like it or not. It's even a problem in UHC absorption less mode from my experience (different server :/ but still vanilla). I think I have thought of the way to completely end golden apple chugging without any negatives. Well 2 different ideas really

Make it so golden apples don't give absorption or are stackable. This way to use a golden apple you have to act like it's pot PVP and inventory frequently and using a golden apple last minute still kills you.

Or making it so each player can only hold 5 golden apples in their inventory. Having more than 5 won't let you buy anymore and people dropping gaps cause the gaps to despawn. This would make it so people can only eat 5 gaps before running out of healing.

(@CommunistCactus or @Gainfullterror made a thread discussing this before)

I know there are going to be people saying OMG JUST UPDATE TO 1.12 NO GAPPLE CHUGGING like I said gapple chugging is an issue even on 1.8 God knows when cubes going to update to 1.10.

No. Gaps were made so if you are low on health you can eat one or two. Maybe some people use it wrong, but there is nothing we can do about that.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Would fix it early game, would not fix it late game. If you have a gold gen lvl 4, it's easy to still get half a stack of gapples priced 10 gold.
Especially when:
It's about the early game.

Even if it had 0 effect during the late game (which it still does, every gold ingot spent on a gapple is one not spent on something else), that's still not a reason to oppose it.

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
It's about the early game.

Even if it had 0 effect during the late game (which it still does, every gold ingot spent on a gapple is one not spent on something else), that's still not a reason to oppose it.

First of all, I don't oppose it, I completly agree with a price increase.

Late game doesn't really matter anymore anyway.

I don't completly agree with you about this, but that's another story.
If we look at the current problem, apple chugging, I agree that the problem is worse early game, so this would (mostly) fix it.

Also decrease the Healer kit to 1 gapple or even a health/regen potion.

We can't stop it unless we want to ruin the point of gapples.

In my opinion, the point of a gapple is to heal up quickly if a fight goes wrong/to avoid getting cleaned. This isn't turning a fight anymore, it's just endless gappling to stay alive. If you decrease the price -> people have less gapples, that will come closer to the point of healing up quickly during/after a fight.

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
If all you are going to do is mock me, then what is the point of me discussing this topic with you?

Well you ignored my actual feedback:

In my opinion, the point of a gapple is to heal up quickly if a fight goes wrong/to avoid getting cleaned. This isn't turning a fight anymore, it's just endless gappling to stay alive. If you decrease the price -> people have less gapples, that will come closer to the point of healing up quickly during/after a fight.

TheDarkSavage

Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2018
Who knows?
www.cubecraft.net
In my opinion, the point of a gapple is to heal up quickly if a fight goes wrong/to avoid getting cleaned. This isn't turning a fight anymore, it's just endless gappling to stay alive.

While that may be true, in the beginning game you don't have the time to sit on a gold gen for a while, so you will most likely end up with 0-1 gaps until later in the game. Of course, if you don't have gaps in the early game you will get killed by the people who camp gold gen, and will have a high chance of getting eliminated early.

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on xCqrIy's profile.
noo
Quackier wrote on privqted's profile.
Happy birthday!
Quackier wrote on CrystalLegend01's profile.
Happy birthday!
Amazinq wrote on CrystalLegend01's profile.
Hbd
Desiderata wrote on CrystalLegend01's profile.
happy birthday legend
Top Bottom