Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
GIGA Blockwars

I am mainly making this thread as an open discussion on GIGA Blockwars. If you have any ideas not in this post, please post them below.

Background

GIGA Blockwars is the most unique game on Cubecraft in my opinion, being a 50v50 version of Blockwars. It has both Bridges and CTF lobbies, with both being similar to their regular games. Despite having up to 1000 players at peak hours, it's been in Beta for over a year; the longest Beta period of any game ever. However, this is about to change. There is now a GIGA update planned on the Public Update Board.

I recommend checking the Public Update Board before reading the rest of this thread. As a lot of it won't make sense without reading it first.

Feedback

From this point forward, I will give feedback on GIGA, however, some of these suggestions will also be for regular Blockwars as well. One will even affect Lucky Islands.

GIGA Bridges

GIGA Bridges suffers from a huge flaw which holds it back a lot. This being that you don't retain your items upon scoring. So if you get full diamond gear and then score, you spawn with basic gear again. This discourages players from scoring and also encourages camping in mid, as scoring (the objective of the game) resets all your hard work. This is even worse for Task Rewards, as you also lose them upon scoring. The solution is to allow you to retain your items upon scoring. Of course this wouldn't work with dieing regularly, you will still lose your items upon death. This also goes for regular Bridges and Bridges Duels.

New Gamemodes

It says in the Public Update Board that they will be adding "2 New Giga gamemodes". I'm assuming this means 2 new voting options, and not new Gamemodes as in adding Blockwars Core to GIGA. So I won't talk about that.

The 2 voting options that would be most likely to be added are Speed and Overpowered. As those are the most balanced voting options in regular Blockwars. Low Gravity probably won't get added, despite it being my favourite. Although they might add new, original voting options to GIGA, instead of 2 that are already in regular Blockwars.

Side Tasks

Side Tasks were an incredible addition, especially to GIGA Blockwars. But I think they could get small improvements. The first is that I think you should receive EXP for completing Side Tasks. I would probably give 5 EXP for easy Tasks, 10 EXP for medium Tasks, and 15 EXP for hard/bold Tasks. I would also add a new Side Task, it would be similar to arrows shot. Arrows hit, you would have to hit 5 arrows for an easy Task and 15 for a medium Task. I wouldn't add a bold Task version for it, as it would be too easy for PC players and too hard for Mobile/Console players.

The Golden Apple Tree

The Golden Apple Tree is a really good feature in GIGA, however I thought of a way to make it even better. Rainbow Apples should be added! Rainbow Apples are currently unique to Lucky Islands, despite being very fun to use. I think the Golden Apple Tree should drop 1 Rainbow apple every 2 minutes. It should also be announced in chat that a Rainbow Apple is falling 10 seconds before it hits the ground. It should also have a rainbow spiraling animation, similar to the golden trail that Golden Apples have. It should also take 10 seconds for them to hit the ground, to give time for people to compete for the rare Rainbow Apples. If they add OP mode to GIGA, I think they should spawn 2 every 2 minutes. As they wouldn't be as powerful in OP mode.

As a final note, please make Rainbow Apples stackable, this goes for both Lucky Islands and GIGA. They just need to stack to 64.
The 2 voting options that would be most likely to be added are Speed and Overpowered. As those are the most balanced voting options in regular Blockwars. Low Gravity probably won't get added, despite it being my favourite. Although they might add new, original voting options to GIGA, instead of 2 that are already in regular Blockwars.

Gamemode Selection

I don't think map selection can be added to GIGA, due to the sheer size of games. But a compromise is possible, allow players with Blockwars rank to select between GIGA CTF and GIGA Bridges. This would be accessed in the same way that map selection is, with it being rank exclusive. If Cubecraft thinks map selection would work, then that's even better. But if it doesn't, please add gammode selection

Edit

I've thought of another idea for GIGA Blockwars, it's more of a QOL change than anything else. Make it so you can't break or place blocks in and around the diamond and iron generators. I have seen people vandalise the generators, just to annoy their own teammates.

Another idea I have is more of a bug fix than anything else. You can currently craft fishing rods in Blockwars, but you can use them to hook your own teammates. There are 2 fixes to this issue. Either make it so you can't hook your teammates, or make it so you can't craft fishing rods. Preferably keep fishing rods craftable, just make it so you can't hook your own teammates. I have been griefed by my own teammates with fishing rods before and it's quite annoying.

Outro

GIGA Blockwars is finally getting the love it deserves, so I hope these suggestions get added. Especially retaining items upon scoring. Remember if you have any other suggestions, please leave them down below. Goodbye!​

Last edited:

Reesle

Forum Expert
May 25, 2022
Canada
I agree with every point you made. Very well thought-out suggestion.

I really like the idea of rank-exclusive gamemode selection.

It would be funny if they added a hardcore voting mode which gave slowness and weakness

• Heart
Reactions: Dualninja

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
I agree with every point you made. Very well thought-out suggestion.

I really like the idea of rank-exclusive gamemode selection.

It would be funny if they added a hardcore voting mode which gave slowness and weakness
Don't forget about blindness and nausea!

• Love
Reactions: Reesle
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Pro helper!:D
Conea64 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
I know I'm early but congratulations on being a colourful little fella
Xi1m wrote on camulos's profile.
happy broathdy
Basketman wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Basketman wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Top Bottom