Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
in the beginning game you don't have the time to sit on a gold gen for a while,
Why not
Of course, if you don't have gaps in the early game you will get killed by the people who camp gold gen
not guaranteed. If they camp the gold gen it means they're not on the iron gen, so they'll lack a weapon.

Anyway, regardless of your meaningless assumptions:
Golden apple chugging is a problem if you like it or not.

So not doing anything isn't fixing the problem.

TheDarkSavage

Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2018
Who knows?
www.cubecraft.net

Because you want to go to mid and get diamonds.

not guaranteed. If they camp the gold gen it means they're not on the iron gen, so they'll lack a weapon.

It only costs 32 iron for a stone sword, and 48 for a stone axe. Thats only about 10 seconds on the iron gen max if it already has some on it, which it usually does.

So not doing anything isn't fixing the problem.

And using the idea above ruins the game. I'd rather have a few people who chug gaps then have Egg Wars be ruined completely.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Because you want to go to mid and get diamonds.
No I don't want that actually. Not always.
Thats only about 10 seconds on the iron gen max if it already has some on it,
doubt
And using the idea above ruins the game
Fixes*
I don't want people chugging in fights forever.
Also instead of saying "it ruins it" how about you actually explain why? Because in all your comments I have yet to see one reason.

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
Of course, if you don't have gaps in the early game you will get killed by the people who camp gold gen, and will have a high chance of getting eliminated early.

And that's a thing we absolutely don't want in Eggwars.

in the beginning game you don't have the time to sit on a gold gen for a while, so you will most likely end up with 0-1 gaps until later in the game.

Healer kit: 2 gapples. Taking the gold while getting ready to go mid: 4-10 gapples (depending on mode). Before leaving the island, you can easily get 5+ gapples.
Is this even seriously meant? Of course people farm both the iron and the gold gen at their home island.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

TheDarkSavage

Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2018
Who knows?
www.cubecraft.net

It doesn't take long at all.

Also instead of saying "it ruins it" how about you actually explain why? Because in all your comments I have yet to see one reason.

Gaps were made so if you are low on health you can eat one or two.

And, as I also stated:

While that may be true, in the beginning game you don't have the time to sit on a gold gen for a while, so you will most likely end up with 0-1 gaps until later in the game. Of course, if you don't have gaps in the early game you will get killed by the people who camp gold gen, and will have a high chance of getting eliminated early.

TheDarkSavage

Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2018
Who knows?
www.cubecraft.net
And that's a thing we absolutely don't want in Eggwars.

We don't. How would you like it if you couldn't last more than 10 minutes in a game?

Healer kit: 2 gapples.

But then you need to wait on the iron gen to get enough iron to be able to rush mid with something better than not having armor or a weapon. If you use the money bags kit(10 iron) and get the iron from the gen(plus a max of 2 second wait), you can get 40 iron. In OP, 40 iron = 63 Clay(enough to get to mid on every map except maybe one or two), a wood sword, leather armor, 10-12 steak, and a stone pic.

Taking the gold while getting ready to go mid: 4-10 gapples

What about Obsidian?

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
No. Gaps were made so if you are low on health you can eat one or two. Maybe some people use it wrong, but there is nothing we can do about that.

Well, this isn't 'eating one or two when you are low on health' anymore. It's just endlessly chugging through a stack of gapples.
Almost every random eggwars players uses gapple chugging, this isn't how the gapples were intended in my opinion.
I completely agree with what you said: Gaps were made so if you are low on health you can eat one or two.
However, how it is right now, the gapples completly miss this point.

TheDarkSavage

Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2018
Who knows?
www.cubecraft.net
Well, this isn't 'eating one or two when you are low on health' anymore. It's just endlessly chugging through a stack of gapples.
Almost every random eggwars players uses gapple chugging, this isn't how the gapples were intended in my opinion.
I completely agree with what you said: Gaps were made so if you are low on health you can eat one or two.
However, how it is right now, the gapples completly miss this point.

Ok, I already agreed that there are some people who do that. However, I have played many many many Egg Wars games and it isn't often I come across a chugger. Most people just use them as they were meant.

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
We don't. How would you like it if you couldn't last more than 10 minutes in a game?
Simple, to use gapps the way they are intended. Each people having 1-3 gapples in their inventory, I would beat my opponent, eat one to heal up and avoid being cleaned, and continue playing the game.

But then you need to wait on the iron gen to get enough iron to be able to rush mid with something better than not having armor or a weapon. If you use the money bags kit(10 iron) and get the iron from the gen(plus a max of 2 second wait), you can get 40 iron. In OP, 40 iron = 63 Clay(enough to get to mid on every map except maybe one or two), a wood sword, leather armor, 10-12 steak, and a stone pic.

You are describing a way different, rushing tactic. The problem here is that people get gapples too easy, you describe a strategy where you intentionally don't get any gapples at all. After buying all that stuff (in OP) as you said, 1 second taking the gold and 2 seconds buying gives you 5 gapples. <- That's the problem.

What about Obsidian?

Completly irrelevant to the discussion. It's about the fact that people get gapples too easy. If there is another way to spend the gold, that doesn't mean the other alternatives are completly balanced. People can choose for obsidian, chain gear, iron sword, or gapples. The gapples however, are to cheap.

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
Ok, I already agreed that there are some people who do that. However, I have played many many many Egg Wars games and it isn't often I come across a chugger. Most people just use them as they were meant.

Hmm, could be, but most of the games I play (especially OP) end in fighting/chugging until one of us is in the void or armor breaks. And a lot of people seem to agree on this. If you don't experience the problem at all, maybe you only play normal items and crit string people to death?

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
some people
If you don't you're severely disadvantaged, so everyone kinda has to.
Most people just use them as they were meant.
haha no they fornicating don't.

Also,
While that may be true, in the beginning game you don't have the time to sit on a gold gen for a while, so you will most likely end up with 0-1 gaps until later in the game. Of course, if you don't have gaps in the early game you will get killed by the people who camp gold gen, and will have a high chance of getting eliminated early.
this whole comment doesn't make any sense and sure doesn't look convincing, especially when you compare it with reality.
Please format it properly if you want to be listened to.
All that I can make of it is you think that if the price will increase, campers will always have an advantage and thus eggwars will be "ruined".
Please don't make me explain why this doesn't make sense.

Hmm, could be, but most of the games I play (especially OP) end in fighting/chugging until one of us is in the void or armor breaks. And a lot of people seem to agree on this. If you don't experience the problem at all, maybe you only play normal items and crit string people to death?
Yeah honestly no idea how he is so oblivious to people chugging all the time. Unless you consistently play hardcore or normal half chuggers should be everywhere.

Reactions: Shallidor

TheDarkSavage

Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2018
Who knows?
www.cubecraft.net
All that I can make of it is you think that if the price will increase, campers will always have an advantage and thus eggwars will be "ruined".

Camping is bannable in Egg Wars. So why should rule-breakers have an advantage?

this whole comment doesn't make any sense and sure doesn't look convincing, especially when you compare it with reality.
Please format it properly if you want to be listened to.

I do not understand how it doesn't make since. Please explain your opinion.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Camping is bannable in Egg Wars.
Camping can take the form of skybasing, building a floating base far from the normal play area, surrounding yourself with hazards like lava, or otherwise making yourself inaccessible for no other reason than to create a stalemate.
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/official-rules.134453/

Your definition of camping doesn't fall under that rule.

I do not understand how it doesn't make since. Please explain your opinion.
Which isn't the case, campers won't always have an advantage, not anything more than how it is right now. Also if they camp gold gen then they can't come and kill you because they camp the gold gen.

A

A pigeon

Camping can take the form of skybasing, building a floating base far from the normal play area, surrounding yourself with hazards like lava, or otherwise making yourself inaccessible for no other reason than to create a stalemate.
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/official-rules.134453/

Your definition of camping doesn't fall under that rule.

Which isn't the case, campers won't always have an advantage, not anything more than how it is right now. Also if they camp gold gen then they can't come and kill you because they camp the gold gen.
Fo clarify: The people who camp gens never attack because they’re idiots. If they do come then either make a quick escape or kill them with Power V.

The game is supposed to give an advantage to people who still have their egg, hence importance if egg. Gap chug takes away from that by not letting you die.

Tldr; if you lose your egg and someone with an egg starts camping, they should be at an advantage. So, you gotta get their egg and hightail it. People with eggs are supposed to ve at an advantage. Rn the egg hardly matters because everyone is immortal

TheDarkSavage

Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2018
Who knows?
www.cubecraft.net
Rn the egg hardly matters because everyone is immortal

Whenever I come across a gapple chugger(which, btw, doesn't happen often at all), I do 1 or more of 3 things:

1. Ignore him. Don't bother him, and just run away if he comes(won't work if he has bow btw, so don't even comment about it)

2. Break his armor. You don't have to spam, even Iron armor doesn't last that long, although obviously you can get more hits on him and forfeit damage to him if you want to spam instead.

3. Smart bowing. Lure him into somewhere easy to bow him off.

I typically use 2 and 3, and if you are willing to spend 10 minutes(if he has an extra set of iron), you can kill a Iron armor gapple chugger without dying pretty easy.

A

A pigeon

Whenever I come across a gapple chugger(which, btw, doesn't happen often at all), I do 1 or more of 3 things:

1. Ignore him. Don't bother him, and just run away if he comes(won't work if he has bow btw, so don't even comment about it)

I cant always do that and run away

2. Break his armor. You don't have to spam, even Iron armor doesn't last that long, although obviously you can get more hits on him and forfeit damage to him if you want to spam instead.

They have extra pairs late game and PvP should not be about breaking armour.

Yes but only if I’m dealing with someone inexperienced, get really lucky or go to extreme measures to get em there. This also doesnt work on maps like teaparty or if they have a shield (people dont use shields though)

I typically use 2 and 3, and if you are willing to spend 10 minutes(if he has an extra set of iron), you can kill a Iron armor gapple chugger without dying pretty easy.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
(which, btw, doesn't happen often at all),
Literally everyone says it does except you.

All you just did was prove that gapple chugging is a problem.

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
@TheDqrkSqvqge.exe I assume your new signature is based on this thread, so I'll try to explain to you why your opinion differs from mine (and a lot of others).

You seem to have little to no problem with the chugging in Eggwars (which I believe this thread is mainly based on), however most people here think it is a problem.

Most people experience games like this: Most people start moving out of their base (no extreme camping or extreme rushing involved) with 8+ gapples. Once people get in a fight, it's just chugging until either one armor breaks or one runs away. In my opinion, this isn't supposed to be the way to play.

That's why a price increase would be useful to reduce to amount of gapples people have early in the game.

You don't seem to feel the need of a price increase, which I can relate to. It has become a part of the game to just carry a lot of gapples. This however results in either extremely long fights or excessive bowspamming, which you stated in your reply.

Of course there are still ways to win a fight fast without a bow: Hitting someone in the void, use crits to deal damage when your opponent eats, catch your opponent off-guard and kill him before he can eat, etc.

A price increase would have huge impact on the game. People would feel less safe with a lot less gapples, gold will reduce most of it's purpose early game, something which I really wouldn't like about it: It would be a lot harder to win a 1v2 / 1v3.

I hope it's clear to you know why most people prefer a price increase (or another change). And:
'Sorry if I sound too authoritative' ;)

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on xCqrIy's profile.
noo
Quackier wrote on privqted's profile.
Happy birthday!
Quackier wrote on CrystalLegend01's profile.
Happy birthday!
Amazinq wrote on CrystalLegend01's profile.
Hbd
Desiderata wrote on CrystalLegend01's profile.
happy birthday legend
Top Bottom