Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kylo2532

Jun 11, 2020
How to break a combo in the new knockback system.

I've seen a lot of posts in the past month complaining about the new knockback,
mainly about combos, so I figured I could create a thread explaining how to escape one.
Obviously, these only work if you apply them correctly, so keep that in mind.
Please note that these methods apply to all pvp-based games

METHOD 1
RUN

If you get stuck in a combo, your first reaction will be to keep swinging right?
You want to hit them to break the combo, so you try to.
But the way combos work stop that from happening.
So, instead of trying to hit them, you want to run from them.
That's it.
You can break combos by turning and running.
In fact, sometimes their hits will even boost you further away,
Helping you to get out faster.

METHOD 2
Place Blocks

If you place blocks in your opponent's path,
Their movement will be impeded by the blocks.
This will break the combo,
And allow you to combo them yourself.

METHOD 3
Projectiles

If you have a bow, you can fire several shots quickly,
(without fully charging)
And this will knock the player back,
and reset their movement,
breaking the combo.

idk what to put for outro so bye.

edit: also i put this together in like ten minutes so I probably forgot some other ways feel free to reply with them below​

Last edited:

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com

No matter you try to get back that old knockback,

You will not

you know why I complained about “Randomized KB” so much?

For it to be FIXED not masked, I wanted a BUG to FINALLY be gone from the server, not so it could be dormant, but for it to be FIXED

I’ve played cube for nearly TWO YEARS now and I STILL see the same bugs reoccurring.

How is that not troubling? How is that fair to the player? Those BUGS I started playing with don’t bother me, I could care less if I have to eat twice, break a block again, or even have an unprotected egg say “Egg is Protected”.

I STARTED Playing with those bugs and thats why the DON’T Bother me.
What bothers me is how they are “FIXED” when they are NOT it was a temporary fix that lasted a few weeks, days, or months. Each one of those bugs are back? Do you not see them?

Can you not see the KB still being broken? For the SAME reason the old KB was? And now even MORE broken due to EU players getting reach? Really?

How do you not see the KB being unbroken and unfair? It’s not. I wanted to be FIXED not equally or even more broken. They spent 2weeks on the V2 update and implemented it. They never even tried to fix the old one.

They asked the forums, not the server, I doubt everyone in game has or knows of the forums. The Win10 players I would say are more likely on forums, then mobiles, to then the consoles. How is it fair for them to vote on the KB when they know nothing of it? Besides the game mode being released in Beta games.

I saw 400 people playing(in 1 timeframe) that gamemode but only 170 voted? With probably more than 1000 people playing it daily?

They updated it TOO fast without any look into bugs or other problems. I predicted the EU players having an unfair advantage, as well as the KB eventually going to be bugged
Thats why I hate it

Snowwyyy

Apr 5, 2020
The Far Lucky Islands
Pronouns
He/Him

For it to be FIXED not masked, I wanted a BUG to FINALLY be gone from the server, not so it could be dormant, but for it to be FIXED

I’ve played cube for nearly TWO YEARS now and I STILL see the same bugs reoccurring.

How is that not troubling? How is that fair to the player? Those BUGS I started playing with don’t bother me, I could care less if I have to eat twice, break a block again, or even have an unprotected egg say “Egg is Protected”.

What bothers me is how they are “FIXED” when they are NOT it was a temporary fix that lasted a few weeks, days, or months. Each one of those bugs are back? Do you not see them?

Can you not see the KB still being broken? For the SAME reason the old KB was? And now even MORE broken due to EU players getting reach? Really?

How do you not see the KB being unbroken and unfair? It’s not. I wanted to be FIXED not equally or even more broken. They spent 2weeks on the V2 update and implemented it. They never even tried to fix the old one.

They asked the forums, not the server, I doubt everyone in game has or knows of the forums. The Win10 players I would say are more likely on forums, then mobiles, to then the consoles. How is it fair for them to vote on the KB when they know nothing of it? Besides the game mode being released in Beta games.

I saw 400 people playing(in 1 timeframe) that gamemode but only 170 voted? With probably more than 1000 people playing it daily?

They updated it TOO fast without any look into bugs or other problems. I predicted the EU players having an unfair advantage, as well as the KB eventually going to be bugged
Thats why I hate it
Oh wow tell me the server that has no bugs just tell me......
Look, the knockback will not stay as it is for now, an admin already said they are still working on it, but first they are TAKING CARE of your ANNOYING bugs! An invisibility glitch for example! You don't know anything, you aren't a developer, this server doesn't use "php" for example to fix your bugs, they are using a more complicated system, they won't make it to end like TheHiveMC, their Java server died because they focused on bedrock, but CubeCraft is alive from Java and bedrock!
If you don't knoe anything, just stop. 0 moderators aren't doing their job, @Marieke2001 and @Keanu are doing bug reports ALONE! And it's not an easy job as you think.
You better stop being crying about the new knockback because you started to annoy me, I've seen you in this kind of threads a lot and arguing to get that old knockback back, now read what I said carefully this isn't a joke

Wave Master7S

Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2020
United States
Pronouns
He/Him

Thats why I hate it
You can never be satisfied never grateful for anything. You wanted new kB because you hated the old but now you want the old kB. This is nonsense and if the revert it I bet you’ll want new kB. Absolutely ridiculous! The developers have lives and everyone here at cubecraft does their best work, but no you can never appreciate there hard work ever.

Reactions: Awabbatt

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
You can never be satisfied never grateful for anything. You wanted new kB because you hated the old but now you want the old kB. This is nonsense and if the revert it I bet you’ll want new kB. Absolutely ridiculous! The developers have lives and everyone here at cubecraft does their best work, but no you can never appreciate there hard work ever.
Actually that’s incorrect, I wanted the KB to be fixed, not a new one.
And yes, I’d much rather have the old KB with no bugs rather than this one with no bugs.

I do appreciate there work, but it doesn’t mean I should always agree with it. I shouldn’t be playing the server with horrible issues if bugs that increase with every update.

Once you realize that last year around this time the KB bug was mostly un noticeable, then you see the day before the Update, it was just horrible. Why was that bug not fixed? Why did it take a whole year to pick up on it?

Yes okay, they did work 3 months on it before kb test mode. But what about 6 months before they started working on it? Why not then?

Why not fix the bugs before adding new features to the server? I see the bugs get worse with every update and more apparent.

This block breaking bug was very rare in late 2020, but what about now? It happens so often besides 1 in every 50 blocks, you can have it bug out and happen up to 15 times in a row(yes I broke a block 16 times to break an egg, how ridiculous)

Or what about ghost blocks now? They are back as well? Why are those broken again? I clearly remember them fixing it for a while but why is it back now? It makes no sense. Why do these bugs reoccur but are so obvious?

The invisible bug? That also use to happen. So why is it back again?

That’s what annoys me.
I’m not saying they don’t try I’m saying they should work on bugs over new features.

Why do I want Eggwars Mega when duo eggwars is barely playable?

Why do I want a MinerWare update when I can barely even load into a minigame as it is?

Why do I want a new KB system when they didn’t fix the previous bugs?

Awabbatt

Nov 14, 2020

Thats why I hate it
Dude. Just... Stop. We all like the new kb. I myself have done a poll, SURE YEA only 37 votes, but still, every other poll ends up being about 70% of players like the NEW KB. Its not bugged, Its how its supposed to be. Every other server has high kb. Kb should be like this, wether you like it or not. So just honestly stop, this is from January, now almost 2 months, I doubt someone will agree with you unless they are a non and tired of games being "Not easy anymore" But you are saying revert it?! Thats just ridiculous.

Reactions: Wave Master7S

Awabbatt

Nov 14, 2020
Actually that’s incorrect, I wanted the KB to be fixed, not a new one.
And yes, I’d much rather have the old KB with no bugs rather than this one with no bugs.

I do appreciate there work, but it doesn’t mean I should always agree with it. I shouldn’t be playing the server with horrible issues if bugs that increase with every update.

Once you realize that last year around this time the KB bug was mostly un noticeable, then you see the day before the Update, it was just horrible. Why was that bug not fixed? Why did it take a whole year to pick up on it?

Yes okay, they did work 3 months on it before kb test mode. But what about 6 months before they started working on it? Why not then?

Why not fix the bugs before adding new features to the server? I see the bugs get worse with every update and more apparent.

This block breaking bug was very rare in late 2020, but what about now? It happens so often besides 1 in every 50 blocks, you can have it bug out and happen up to 15 times in a row(yes I broke a block 16 times to break an egg, how ridiculous)

Or what about ghost blocks now? They are back as well? Why are those broken again? I clearly remember them fixing it for a while but why is it back now? It makes no sense. Why do these bugs reoccur but are so obvious?

The invisible bug? That also use to happen. So why is it back again?

That’s what annoys me.
I’m not saying they don’t try I’m saying they should work on bugs over new features.

Why do I want Eggwars Mega when duo eggwars is barely playable?

Why do I want a MinerWare update when I can barely even load into a minigame as it is?

Why do I want a new KB system when they didn’t fix the previous bugs?
Theyre NOT going to revert it. The EMERALD UPDATE, people have done polls that show close to 95%-100% of people HATED IT, and they DIDNT REVERT. Now, instead of 5% liking it like the emerald update, a whopping 70% LIKE it. So no, theyre NOT going to revert it. If you dont like it honestly just quit, or get used to it.

Reactions: Wave Master7S

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
Oh wow tell me the server that has no bugs just tell me......
Look, the knockback will not stay as it is for now, an admin already said they are still working on it, but first they are TAKING CARE of your ANNOYING bugs! An invisibility glitch for example! You don't know anything, you aren't a developer, this server doesn't use "php" for example to fix your bugs, they are using a more complicated system, they won't make it to end like TheHiveMC, their Java server died because they focused on bedrock, but CubeCraft is alive from Java and bedrock!
If you don't knoe anything, just stop. 0 moderators aren't doing their job, @Marieke2001 and @Keanu are doing bug reports ALONE! And it's not an easy job as you think.
You better stop being crying about the new knockback because you started to annoy me, I've seen you in this kind of threads a lot and arguing to get that old knockback back, now read what I said carefully this isn't a joke
What isn’t a joke?

Having the KB be unfair and biased towards people with low ping?
When have I asked for the old bugged kb back?

I’m not asking for that, I’m asking for them to “revert and fix the old kb” why? Because I’d rather have it UNBUGGED rather than “NEW” what did the new KB fix? The one really rare bug that would launch a player 500 blocks? That? Ihad that happen ONCE in 7000 games

They didn’t fix the randomized part that happened EVERY game, and it still does.

It’s just less obvious as it doesn’t launch them DOWN into the ground, it launches them UP. Now besides favoring the bad players it favors the ones with decent aim?

And no, I’m not saying it’s consistent, because if you watched the video it is NOT consistent

I don’t HATE the new kb, I just don’t agree with the creation of it. What’s the point of making a new one when it’s still randomized. I don’t see mineplex like this? So why cubecraft? What about Hive? Or Mineville? Or even lifeboat or galaxite?

So what if it’s a different coding system, it SHOULDN’T be this bad. It should NOT have taken them a whole YEAR to attempt to work a fix on it

Awabbatt

Nov 14, 2020
What isn’t a joke?

Having the KB be unfair and biased towards people with low ping?
When have I asked for the old bugged kb back?

I’m not asking for that, I’m asking for them to “revert and fix the old kb” why? Because I’d rather have it UNBUGGED rather than “NEW” what did the new KB fix? The one really rare bug that would launch a player 500 blocks? That? Ihad that happen ONCE in 7000 games

They didn’t fix the randomized part that happened EVERY game, and it still does.

It’s just less obvious as it doesn’t launch them DOWN into the ground, it launches them UP. Now besides favoring the bad players it favors the ones with decent aim?

And no, I’m not saying it’s consistent, because if you watched the video it is NOT consistent

I don’t HATE the new kb, I just don’t agree with the creation of it. What’s the point of making a new one when it’s still randomized. I don’t see mineplex like this? So why cubecraft? What about Hive? Or Mineville? Or even lifeboat or galaxite?

So what if it’s a different coding system, it SHOULDN’T be this bad. It should NOT have taken them a whole YEAR to attempt to work a fix on it.
Consistent or not, Bugged or not, Randomized or not, We love it the way it is. Period.

Kylo2532

Jun 11, 2020

Thats why I hate it
A few things:
1. It’s been 2 months since the update, at this point you’re literally the only one complaining.
2. Shouting won’t persuade anyone.
3. You don’t own Cubecraft, and judging from the backlash to “The Big Change,” the new kb is definitely here to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

qKhalidd wrote on Mivke's profile.
happy birthday!
Eli
Did anyone else play Skylanders? I recently got it to work on my PC with a PS3 emulator and it's more fun than I remembered!!
Eli wrote on SanderVDB29's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!
Eli wrote on Mivke's profile.
Happy Birthday!!
GiGaGekkies wrote on SanderVDB29's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Top Bottom