Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

is there such thing as a server where you pay once and never have to pay for it again?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TechyByte

Dec 1, 2013
Firstly, just clearing up a few bits. 1) Plugins are developed. Period. Whether the developer of the plugin develops it for one person at a price or develops it for the whole world to have for free is another thing. Most servers like CubeCraft run most plugins custom by Rubik, but there is a wealth available on the bukkit forums ranging from minigames to world editing to plot generation or to kit packs. 2) A server may be offered for free to someone but in this sort of area of technology you get what you pay for, if you get a cheap server then the server will be made of cheap parts with rubbish customer service pay for a more expensive (dedicated) server and you will likely have much better reliability and better customer service. 3) If you choose to run the server on your PC at home it had better be a hunky chunky pc with a boat load of cooling on a really good Internet connection, otherwise you'll get mega lag.

So, on to the servers... There are 3 types of servers (IMO):
1) Hosted Minecraft Servers
2) VPS
3) Dedicated

Hosted Minecraft servers are prebuilt servers that are literally for Minecraft only, they are designed with the noob in mind and made so that the company maximises profit by having to supply a tiny amount of customer service compared to others.

VPS servers are big chunky servers that have been made in to virtually smaller ones, where you all share the same CPU and the same ram, HDD, e.t.c, so therefore you get a decent amount of power compared to the price you pay. However this needs to be set up and configured through the command line. This is the best option if you have the know how.

Dedicated servers, like those of CubeCraft, have multiple processors in with huge amount of ram (exceeding 72gb) and completely dedicated to you, not shared with anybody else, this means that you can harness the full power of the servers with no limitations. However these are quite expensive.

If you want to choose a VPS or dedicated server then I'd be happy to advise you on which provider you should choose for the respective servers. I'd also be happy to set it up and configure plugins, e.t.c.

Regards,
TechyByte

SevereWarning

Forum Expert
Nov 14, 2013
Somewhere
Firstly, just clearing up a few bits. 1) Plugins are developed. Period. Whether the developer of the plugin develops it for one person at a price or develops it for the whole world to have for free is another thing. Most servers like CubeCraft run most plugins custom by Rubik, but there is a wealth available on the bukkit forums ranging from minigames to world editing to plot generation or to kit packs. 2) A server may be offered for free to someone but in this sort of area of technology you get what you pay for, if you get a cheap server then the server will be made of cheap parts with rubbish customer service pay for a more expensive (dedicated) server and you will likely have much better reliability and better customer service. 3) If you choose to run the server on your PC at home it had better be a hunky chunky pc with a boat load of cooling on a really good Internet connection, otherwise you'll get mega lag.

2) VPS
3) Dedicated

Hosted Minecraft servers are prebuilt servers that are literally for Minecraft only, they are designed with the noob in mind and made so that the company maximises profit by having to supply a tiny amount of customer service compared to others.

VPS servers are big chunky servers that have been made in to virtually smaller ones, where you all share the same CPU and the same ram, HDD, e.t.c, so therefore you get a decent amount of power compared to the price you pay. However this needs to be set up and configured through the command line. This is the best option if you have the know how.

Dedicated servers, like those of CubeCraft, have multiple processors in with huge amount of ram (exceeding 72gb) and completely dedicated to you, not shared with anybody else, this means that you can harness the full power of the servers with no limitations. However these are quite expensive.

If you want to choose a VPS or dedicated server then I'd be happy to advise you on which provider you should choose for the respective servers. I'd also be happy to set it up and configure plugins, e.t.c.

Regards,
TechyByte
This is extremely useful.

Pokemon

Feb 4, 2014
North Dakota
www.cubecraftgames.net

2) VPS
3) Dedicated

Regards,
TechyByte
Um I got none of that I'm just going to use mcprohosting

Raeblue

Mar 14, 2014
Physchotic Land
I am actually gonna get a server soon and I think that's @halothe23 is helpful and runs great servers so I would check out his as they are cheap and very nice and I will be getting on of my own servers from him.

Reactions: Marta

emiraati

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2014
United Arab Emirates

2) VPS
3) Dedicated

Regards,
TechyByte
My brain hurts thanks

hugomol

Feb 6, 2014
Sweden

2) VPS
3) Dedicated

Regards,
TechyByte
Meh...

MorganPlayzMc

Forum Expert
Dec 28, 2013
England

2) VPS
3) Dedicated

Regards,
TechyByte
I am quite proud with myself because I understood like half of it :D

wriggo12345

Dec 22, 2013
I am quite proud with myself because I understood like half of it :D
tumblr_m81y5lspoF1rbaxuco1_500.gif
(no sarcasm intended)

PlasticManPeppo

Dedicated Member
Jan 11, 2014

2) VPS
3) Dedicated

Regards,
TechyByte
woah thanks man
how do you get plugins?
that was alot of awesome information xD

talonial

Feb 24, 2014
dead
ummmm.... idk what u talkin about i dont even know how to install a mod or texture pack xD lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Latest profile posts

I just logged on and just saw all these messages, sorry for not seeing them earlier, Tysm guys!
Screenshot 2024-04-27 012708.png

what-? I won 1st place but then got 2nd place...?
GiGaGekkies wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday
Playing SkyBlock with my boyfriend almost feels like therapy. Just chilling around and finishing quests :))))
Basketman wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow Pro Rocket player.
Top Bottom