Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
Hello there
I'm suggesting at least double increase in rewards, because of the following reasons:
Increased difficulty
Overpowered kits are very fun to play, and I consider them to be a lot more exciting than the others, however, it is more challenging, as you have watch out for many more things. Such as food, armour durability, and even crystal explosions.
As an experienced player I can assure everyone with doubts that this is more challenging than a straight fight with just a sword, and maybe one golden apple.
Drastically increased playtime
Because of the overpowered gear, playtime is also severely extended. While a Normal Duels game lasts between 20-35 seconds in most cases, a match of Overpowered Duels could last upwards of 2 minutes easily. That's tiring, even though it may not sound like much, it is basically constant fighting.
Subjective reason-Higher ranking and more skilled and experienced players prefer them
That point is really subjective, as level and high statistics is not equal to skill and there's the fact anyone can choose them over Normal Duels, as it's not locked behind a rank.
However, after mainly playing the Overpowered mode for quite a while, I have noticed that most players who play them choose them intentionally over Normal. Even though it's harder, longer and doesn't reward well at all for the effort you put in, it's still fun and that's the reason i'm choosing them as well 90% of the time. However, that adds up to the challenge.
The prize for winning a Duel nowadays is symbolic, and even though I love the gamode with burning passion, I don't believe it's that difficult of a task in general for a dramatic increase.
However, I strongly believe the Overpowered mode is twice the challenge, as it takes at least 3-4 times the time to complete one (and that's very optimistic) and it definitely takes at least twice the effort, so I believe it's prize must be differentiated. Plus, this would attract a decent amount of attention to the game mode.

ENDERIUM

Dedicated Member
May 22, 2021
THE END
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
An overpowered duels game lasts around 1 minute 30 seconds. Maybe overpowered duels should have their own leaderboard.

Goldy

Novice Member
Mar 31, 2021
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/She/They
Seperating the OP and Normal Duels leaderboards is something I as a Duels player can definitely get behind. At the moment OP kits are practically not an option if you're attempting to get on the leaderboard...

As for increasing the rewards, I'm a bit torn, OP Duels usually take around 3-4 times longer than normal Duels, however they aren't exactly harder to win. Afterall, in both cases it's a fair duel, and yes OP duels are more tiring, and there's usually more items to watch out for, however that goes both ways. And you can use both of those facts to your advantage as well. If we're going to have a discussion the only question is, should more time equal more rewards?
I'd love your opinions on that! :)

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
Seperating the OP and Normal Duels leaderboards is something I as a Duels player can definitely get behind. At the moment OP kits are practically not an option if you're attempting to get on the leaderboard...

As for increasing the rewards, I'm a bit torn, OP Duels usually take around 3-4 times longer than normal Duels, however they aren't exactly harder to win. Afterall, in both cases it's a fair duel, and yes OP duels are more tiring, and there's usually more items to watch out for, however that goes both ways. And you can use both of those facts to your advantage as well. If we're going to have a discussion the only question is, should more time equal more rewards?
I'd love your opinions on that! :)
Very pleased to have a discussion with a fellow Duels enjoyer, thank you for the opportunity.
I completely agree on your statement about getting on the leaderboards by playing OP duels, it's not really realistic.
About you disagreeing with my thoughts on them being somewhat harder, I think that it may depend individually on everyone. For me it's harder, because it requires even more thinking, because there's more gear to play with, but that's just me.
However, more time, and more effort (my opinion) should receive at least twice the reward.

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
An overpowered duels game lasts around 1 minute 30 seconds. Maybe overpowered duels should have their own leaderboard.
I disagree. At least 7 out of the 13 kits cannot be played for less than 2 minutes. However, a leaderboard for each own respective version of duels would be a great addition.

Goldy

Novice Member
Mar 31, 2021
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/She/They
For me it's harder, because it requires even more thinking
I suppose that does make sense, but you have to keep in mind that the same thing goes for your opponent, which causes it to (in my opinion) balance each other out. It's "harder" for both, which, because of the nature of a duel, means it's equally easy to win/lose for both parties as when they're in a Normal Duel.

I personally believe OP and Normal simply require different skillsets, you might defeat someone in a normal duel and they'll defeat you in an OP duel, that means, to them, Normal duels are harder. That's simply because your skillset is better for Normal Duels whereas their skillset is better suited to OP duels. Which is exactly why I'm hesitant to say it deserves more rewards. You're basically favouring one skill set over the other by that, if you look at skill alone at least.
The reason I reacted Unsure is because I believe Time spent per game should also factor into it, I just don't know how much exactly. :p

As a sidenote, I'm very glad to be having this discussion with you too! <3

• Heart
Reactions: LordSidi0us

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello there
I'm suggesting at least double increase in rewards, because of the following reasons:
Increased difficulty
Overpowered kits are very fun to play, and I consider them to be a lot more exciting than the others, however, it is more challenging, as you have watch out for many more things. Such as food, armour durability, and even crystal explosions.
As an experienced player I can assure everyone with doubts that this is more challenging than a straight fight with just a sword, and maybe one golden apple.
Drastically increased playtime
Because of the overpowered gear, playtime is also severely extended. While a Normal Duels game lasts between 20-35 seconds in most cases, a match of Overpowered Duels could last upwards of 2 minutes easily. That's tiring, even though it may not sound like much, it is basically constant fighting.
Subjective reason-Higher ranking and more skilled and experienced players prefer them
That point is really subjective, as level and high statistics is not equal to skill and there's the fact anyone can choose them over Normal Duels, as it's not locked behind a rank.
However, after mainly playing the Overpowered mode for quite a while, I have noticed that most players who play them choose them intentionally over Normal. Even though it's harder, longer and doesn't reward well at all for the effort you put in, it's still fun and that's the reason i'm choosing them as well 90% of the time. However, that adds up to the challenge.
The prize for winning a Duel nowadays is symbolic, and even though I love the gamode with burning passion, I don't believe it's that difficult of a task in general for a dramatic increase.
However, I strongly believe the Overpowered mode is twice the challenge, as it takes at least 3-4 times the time to complete one (and that's very optimistic) and it definitely takes at least twice the effort, so I believe it's prize must be differentiated. Plus, this would attract a decent amount of attention to the game mode.
I agree with your suggestion because it's true overpowered duels take much longer than normal duels. I also agree with @Goldy 's purpose about creating a separate leaderboard for overpowered duels for this same reason.

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
I suppose that does make sense, but you have to keep in mind that the same thing goes for your opponent, which causes it to (in my opinion) balance each other out. It's "harder" for both, which, because of the nature of a duel, means it's equally easy to win/lose for both parties as when they're in a Normal Duel.

I personally believe OP and Normal simply require different skillsets, you might defeat someone in a normal duel and they'll defeat you in an OP duel, that means, to them, Normal duels are harder. That's simply because your skillset is better for Normal Duels whereas their skillset is better suited to OP duels. Which is exactly why I'm hesitant to say it deserves more rewards. You're basically favouring one skill set over the other by that, if you look at skill alone at least.
The reason I reacted Unsure is because I believe Time spent per game should also factor into it, I just don't know how much exactly. :p

As a sidenote, I'm very glad to be having this discussion with you too! <3
Hmm I hadn't thought about what you said regarding the different skill sets required.
It makes sense definitely and both styles should be respected, as they are equally strong and challenging in their own right. Having the quickest of quick reflexes to win a normal duel by taking over in the first 5 second with a correct combination of hits, or being as durable and patient to last a long 2-3 minute full iron kit match and taking the upper hand slowly and methodically.
Which is what I think makes it more challenging, without disrespecting normal duels players, who's strength to take over quickly and decisively, I still believe longer games in general require a wider skill set, let's put it that way, hence that's also why I believe the rewards should be buffed.
And as I said previously in the thread, the rewards are already very symbolic, even though the concept of a duel is a simple one on one confrontation. Doubling them for the obviously way longer version of the same gamode should pay off a little better. As I have also stated earlier, this will have a positive impact, as it will attract people to grind them too. Nowadays there are still, surprisingly a lot of people who grind duels, however I believe at least 1/3-1/2 might switch to OP if they have at least one reason to choose them over Normal.
I would personally do this.

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
I agree with your suggestion because it's true overpowered duels take much longer than normal duels. I also agree with @Goldy 's purpose about creating a separate leaderboard for overpowered duels for this same reason.
I'm considering making such a thread actually.
It hadn't come to my mind at all, however, @Goldy made me consider the fact that those two versions of duels require different skill sets. So I also believe the best of the best should be differentiated by creating another leaderboard, rather than being put into just one leaderboard like it is currently.

Reactions: josepadgui

Goldy

Novice Member
Mar 31, 2021
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/She/They
I'm going to very quickly point out it was actually @EnderPlays25 who came up with the original idea of seperating Normal and OP leaderboards, I simply agreed and expanded on the arguments in favour of it! :)
however I believe at least 1/3-1/2 might switch to OP if they have at least one reason to choose them over Normal.
I personally think it depends on the reason a lot, if we created a seperate leaderboard I believe this wouldn't only cause a lot of people to switch, but also a lot of new people to start grinding it. However if it's only points and XP that are increased I don't believe it would have much affect seeing as most grinders are mostly there for the leaderboard or fun (in which case if they prefer OP they'll most likely already be playing it).

I still believe longer games in general require a wider skill set
Yeah I suppose that's true, the longer a game goes on the more chances to use different skills/tactics etc. Very good point!

Reactions: LordSidi0us
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Thanks for everything Egg, wish you good luck :)
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on Soulless_Unity's profile.
This all so unexpected, thanks for everything, wish you good luck in the future Soul
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on mitgobla's profile.
This all so unexpected, thanks for everything, wish you good luck in the future
I would like to say, thank you all for the birthday wishes, really means a lot to me. You all are the most amazing people I have ever met. I wanted to say more, but today was sadder than I expected. Looking at everything that happened here in the forums in the past hours, it was overwhelming for me. The fact that it all happened today, I cant-
To the people who left the team today, thank you for everything you did.
UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Thanks for everything Egg!! u was good staff member and good luck in the future! 🤍🥚
Top Bottom