wxzzrd

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2020
It’s a lot expensive and I hope u r feeling better

Zathelas

Forum Veteran
Jul 14, 2018
A Skywars Island
Hi, 300 euros is really too little for a computer and a monitor. I tell you honestly, you can hardly do anything with that. A oke monitor only costs 60-100 euros/dollar, 60hz, 22 Inch, 1920x1080 resolution. For a computer, I will recommend building one. I think a reasonably good one should cost about 800 euros, it can also be less. You can easily play 60 fps Minecraft. I have a Mac computer right now and I have 80 fps, I'm going to build one soon which is about 1200 with good fps so I think 800 euro will be good enough.

Reactions: Story

wxzzrd

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2020
If u already have a Mac or Windows than just download java on it

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
I used an old macbook pro for a while, it was decent and I got like 150 fps with badlion fps boost and optifine. I never understood getting crazy expensive computers when you only need like 60-100 fps

ImLeyre

Jan 15, 2019
I think $300 is too little for the monitor and the computer. The minimum monitor is going to be worth $100. And a $200 computer is not going to do much good in my opinion.

Reactions: Zathelas

TheSweetSuitMan

May 31, 2017
Roosendaal, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
So I wanna play CCG on java.
I need a bit more info. Do you have a PC at the moment? Keyboards, headset/speakers?

For 300 euro's there is no way you can actually get anything decent new. A new monitor that is 'good enough' will cost you at least 50 euro's and probably closer to 100.
A decent computer to run Minecraft for 200-250 is at that point just not possible.
Also, how much do you know about computers? Do you have a general understanding of all the components of a PC or do you need an exact list of items?

My biggest recommendation would be to save for a PC of around 500 euro. 300 euro including a monitor just isn't enough really and with 500 euro you start to enter the realm of usable computers. Also, if you buy one just for Minecraft, in a few years you will probably want something to play something newer and will have to buy a completely new pc. with 500 euro you can actually buy a good APU (more on that in a second) and buy a GPU later down the line for 100-200 and actually have a good experience in newer titles for 700 (compared to buying one now for 300 and buy a new one for around 700 for a total of 1000 over time).

A few suggestions:
  • The used market is your best friend when you are on a budget.
  • You have three options. You could either (1) build the PC yourself with used components or (2) 'Frankenstein' a complete PC by buying a used PC and replacing the CPU or GPU. Finally, you could also (3) buy a laptop. This will eliminate the need for a monitor, keyboard etc.
Making your own PC

With your budget, it is probably the best thing to spend as much on a CPU and the rest of the components should be focussed on being able to run, but nothing more. This will mean you will need an APU. And APU is a CPU that doesn't require a graphics card. This will probably save you about 50 euro's and when you need the performance you can always buy a graphics card separately. This thread on Reddit has some good suggestions. It's a bit of an older thread, so I would suggest to get 8gb of RAM and get a newer processor (a quad-core i5 is probably your best bet, make sure the motherboard is compatible with whatever you are getting). This will probably leave you with very little money left for your monitor. You can get a used one 60hz 1080p for about 20-50 euro. You might go a bit over budget, but this is probably the best thing if you want to build your own PC.

Frankenstein
So this option is a bit simpler as you only have to get a cheap PC and monitor used and with whatever you have left you can upgrade what you have. Consider getting 8gb of ram (so maybe you need to buy an extra stick) or a GPU (anything from the last few generations will do) if the pc doesn't have one.

Laptop
The final option is to go with a laptop. If you have very little knowledge of computers this is the safest route. Just search for used laptops and when you find one in your budget, google its name to see how well it performs in Minecraft.

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands
I agree with Yoshi's comment.
TheSpookySuitMan, thanks for sharing this info!
Hey! Please do not necro-post, this is replying to threads which have been inactive for over more than 3 weeks. They are not allowed to be revived!

If you have any questions then feel free to contact me or any other staff members, we're happy to help you out! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Matriox wrote on Reesle's profile.
You're very creative with your bundle and Skyblock Island ideas! You could be writing the specifications for Cube updates
Kazwa wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Thanks for everything! :( I wish you the best of luck in the future ^.^
Kazwa wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats!! 🎉
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congratulationssss <3
zflrz wrote on Frontlane's profile.
congratzzzzzzzz <3
Top Bottom