• I dont care/Doesn't affect me

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Archee

May 26, 2016
UK
www.twitch.tv
More often then not i see eggwars games span over the 40 minute mark where 2 teams, 1 normally winning and the other cowering on base with their egg or without an egg, when situations like this crop up it can become frustrating and boring for all players, my suggestion is to make camping on base become more difficult after a certain time limit has passed (eg. 45 minutes) after which:
all island generators turn off
the shop keeper stops selling special arrows and food
all chests are cleared and non currency items on the floor are destroyed

if something like this were to happen it would make the teams that are able to control the entire map be able to wither down an opposing team as they would have no economy generation,
making teams camped up on their islands able to be withered down by either running out of food, their armour breaking up or running out of blocks (maybe the other teams dropping tnt idk)

anyway its just an idea i thought would help keep the late game interesting yet not affect most games as the time would be on the more ludicrous side of game lengths as not to make it something core to the gamemode

i would like to add this isn't a rage post about spite towards teams that camp, i enjoy longer games but this would be something to just help those games get along more smoothly for the teams that would win

Last edited:

zRinne

Forum Veteran
Mar 2, 2016
Cat world
www.instagram.com
Having all generators turned off seems like it may be a little too much, if someone is new to the game and is unsure what the proper way of playing is, they might die frequent and not have things saved up. If I was that new player, I wouldn't think about playing this mode a second time.

I think the best way to end the game is to be aggressive and at the same time, defendant. It's easier to play with a friend who is able to watch your back and check up on the base if you're going for the aggressive play. If the players are just camping, well you know where that leads.
So perhaps have a reminder pop up in chat about cross-teaming and camping, usually players who want to play on here would be afraid of getting banned, so that's a little push the server could imply.

In game itself, what about instead of closing the gens, I guess nerfing it would be better.

Reactions: zDutchie

Archee

May 26, 2016
UK
www.twitch.tv
Someone new to the game most likely wouldn't be lasting 45 minutes+, i agree on what your saying about playing aggressive its always good to assert control. players camping on their islands is a difficult situation to balance but mostly it just annoys people in the community (not my self campers just make it easier imo).
about banning for cross teaming and camping i think that banning muting or blocking people from playing that gamemode is a bit too harsh to push on people that use a certain type of strategy, especially when the official rules dont even give an in depth descriptions of what each are, banning for a strategy should not be an option, the strategy should be weakened instead in a way that removes why it was bannable in the first place but also so that it doesn't change up the gameplay a lot, keep in mind how many games do you get into those no egg bridge build situations. even so there's not a single sign/auto-message etc warning about camping yet its a bannable offense.
yes it has its benefits and its flaws but if kept out of the way this would make a great addition to late game camping situations

zRinne

Forum Veteran
Mar 2, 2016
Cat world
www.instagram.com
I agree, I guess there are still some loopholes on camping that players can take advantage of. I use some tactics with my teammate to lure players into our base before taking them out, many called that camping while it isn't but at the same time it can be viewed so. I guess it's how they define it.
I do however, understand where you're coming from and hope to find a solution that would help enhance the gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

dayumm 3 years as a member :o
Quite nice of Cubecraft to release the Fire bundle this summer when temps go up to 39°C
Now i can feel hot in real life and in game at the same time
Endermanxbox479 wrote on Muffin's profile.
Happy bday!
GiGaGekkies wrote on burgerkingbrad1's profile.
Happy Birthday! <3
GiGaGekkies wrote on maggienoodles's profile.
Happy Birthday
Top Bottom