Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should it be clarified that cross-teaming is bannable?

• Yes, but do not automatically punish cross-teamers.

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Yes, and automatically punish cross-teamers, but just kick AFK players out of the game.

• Yes, and automatically punish cross-teamers including consistently "AFK" players.

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • No, let people do as they please.

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • No, but punish cross-teamers anyway.

• Total voters

Powerofbeds

Oct 17, 2016
My house
Pronouns
He/Him
One of the rules of Cubecraft clearly states that teaming in solo games or cross-teaming in team games is bannable. This means players may not work with other players if they are supposed to be playing on their own, nor can they work with other teams than the team they are assigned to. Despite this, many people still begin Snowman Survival games by not being chosen to be the first snowman, but wanting to play as snowmen anyway and allowing themselves to be hit at the start of the game. Because they are assigned to the survivor team but they choose to work with the snowmen instead, they are technically cross-teaming. This is due to a lack of clarification — some players just do not realize that this would be considered as cross-teaming.

According to the rules, despite Snowman Survival being an infection-based game and therefore not having strict teams, survivors are not allowed to let themselves become snowmen on purpose. If this occurs, the survivor should be punished, but the snowman is just doing the right thing for the team (in fact, if a snowman leaves the survivor as a survivor, this should be punishable for the snowman).

So here's my idea:
  • Send a message via tellraw (chat) or an actionbar title at the start of the game telling players that cross-teaming, including willingly becoming a snowman at the start of the game, is bannable. This is the most important part of this.
  • Warn and/or punish players who become snowmen (other than the first snowman) within the first five seconds of the game. An automatic system could be set up for this.
  • Forgive players who have yet to play many games. They may not understand what the game is about yet, nor would they know that playing as a snowman may be more fun.
  • Forgive players who remain still from the start of the game and get hit, especially if they remain motionless as the game goes on. They are AFK, not cross-teaming.
  • If a player tries to get around this system by pretending to be AFK until they get hit, they will play most of the game normally, but be consistently "AFK" at the beginning of the game to get hit by a snowman, so if an automatic anti-cheat could also detect that they do this often, this method of beating the system does not work.
  • An additional option is to instead just kick players who remain AFK until a snowman hits them. If they move and get hit right at the beginning, they are cross-teaming and should be punished, and if they don't move and so get hit at the beginning, they are simply removed from the game, meaning they are still unable to play the game as a snowman unless they are assigned the role of main (first) snowman.
If this system were to be implemented, it would get rid of cross-teamers in Snowman Survival, helping to balance the game a little more instead of games with cross-teamers being exceptionally easy for snowmen. I'm eager to see what feedback this idea gets!

Casualpoalrbear

Forum Expert
Sep 11, 2022
Somewhere in the North pole
m.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Honestly I don't think those type of players are bad. They aren't stopping anyone else from having fun. It the snowman who refuse to tag anyone that should be punished because then I'm just sitting around for a couple minutes doing absolutely nothing when I could be having fun. Atleast with people who let the snowman get them they play the game so they can atleast let me have my fun.

Loskol

Aug 30, 2023
Finland
Even though teamers are annoying, I think this would cause many false bans.

I would just report players who are clearly teaming or winfarming on Snowman survival.

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D I hope you have an awesome day today!
GiGaGekkies wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Happy Birthday
GiGaGekkies wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy Birthday
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday
people on roblox are so crazy they target me for having a “furry-like” outfit so often that i have to switch to a cowboy outfit just so i can have a normal experience 🤣🤣🙏
Top Bottom