Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Sofatroll

Novice Member
Mar 23, 2017
Germany, Kassel
Hello there Cubecraft community,
the title pretty much sais it all, I suggest adding buyable sandstone half-slabs and stairs.

Why would anyone even need that?

Well, I'd say there are 3 types of eggwars games, those where everybody rushes and the game ends after 5min, the moderate ones that are pretty default, and then there are those ones that take more then an hour because everybody is camping.
I really enjoy nr3 since you gotta actually talk with your teammates, work out battle plans and build a well defendable fortress. And that for slabs, stairs and ladders would be a great thing to build propper battlements but also more easily accessible siege-bridges.
Rn the most commonly used way to do so is by using cakes. See in pictures below:

w5dwAK8.png

However I find that to be kinda annoying to construct, the possibilities are rather limited and I feel bad for stepping on that yummy cake with my blood-soaked boots :confused1:
With half slabs and stairs battlements however could look more like this:

d9fBxKl.png

or this
RVjlBF9.png

to just show two examples.

Personally I don't see any issues with that, the gameplay wouldnt change a lot. In the end its just a few more obtainable blocks.

That's it from my side, thanks for reading
I'm looking forward seeing what you guys think about it :)
-Sofa

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
I rather have the presure plates and iron trapdoors back. Since those were legit fun back in the days.
You could make traps, egg defenses and troll opponents.
I wouldn't mind half slabs being added but I'd prefer the trapdoors and presure plates over it.

Megaaa

Forum Veteran
Mar 4, 2015
East-Flanders, Belgium
and then there are those ones that take more then an hour because everybody is camping.
I really enjoy nr3
Did you know camping is not allowed. :eek:
Schermopname (23).png

my blood-soaked boots
I could they be blookd-soaked if you are camping? ;)

Let's get serious now. The reason they didn't put slabs and stairs is because people can make overpowered camping bases which is not part of a game. Some people getting annoyed by this 'strategy'. They want to play the game just normal. Like me. If I see this camping base, I would turn on that recording button, record for 5 minutes and speed up the video. :)

Sno Universe

Nov 18, 2016
I personally think that this would be a bit annoying because you want blocks to protect your egg and build places, whereas adding these items would be "comfort items" and would just take up space for me.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
View attachment 132140

Let's get serious now. The reason they didn't put slabs and stairs is because people can make overpowered camping bases which is not part of a game. Some people getting annoyed by this 'strategy'. They want to play the game just normal. Like me. If I see this camping base, I would turn on that recording button, record for 5 minutes and speed up the video. :)
Being honest, this is just pathetic.
Making castles is different from building up and making a 3 x 3 platform.
And It's actually fun if every other team is also doing it. I wouldn't consider it camping since EVERY other team is doing it.

And wouldn't he get reported by now if he likes to camp?
Many people like long games, one of the main reasons why Speed Eggwars was invented is for the people who like fast games to have a little fun too. Not to mention that you can bypass camping by keeping your bridge to mid. Then there is no excuse saying the player was camping since they could simply walk to the opponents island.

I understand that you would report a player if he makes an impossible reachable skybase. But if someone builds an castle that doesn't look that difficult to reach and break through it defenses and you warn them for camping then it's simply, sad.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

Sofatroll

Novice Member
Mar 23, 2017
Germany, Kassel
View attachment 132140

The map in the picture is atztec, 6 players per team. If you look closely you'll se the intact bridge to the middle. I wouldt consider it as camping if 2 people build a castle, allowing them to defend more effectively while the rest of the team goes for the enemy eggs

Sno Universe

Nov 18, 2016
The map in the picture is atztec, 6 players per team. If you look closely you'll se the intact bridge to the middle. I wouldt consider it as camping if 2 people build a castle, allowing them to defend more effectively while the rest of the team goes for the enemy eggs
I'm not going to get started on grammar, but anyways, building a castle is not camping, its strategy, also if you are so mad when you see it, just troll them with a TNT cannon. Now building a small unreachable sky base, that's camping, but still, even then you can use other strategies than banning people.

Sofatroll

Novice Member
Mar 23, 2017
Germany, Kassel
I'm not going to get started on grammar
sorry, I'm not a native speaker :p
Anyways, a good team always leaves at least one person behind to defend. And for the defender, some proper options to build fortifications help him a lot to do his job.
Also, as I mention those blocks can help to build faster accessible and smarter attack-bridges, making it easier to besiege the enemy's fortress

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
View attachment 132140

That only applies to purposely camping, such as being unreachable, camping such as getting supplies is allowed

Sno Universe

Nov 18, 2016
Anyways, a good team always leaves at least one person behind to defend. And for the defender, some proper options to build fortifications help him a lot to do his job.
Also, as I mention those blocks can help to build faster accessible and smarter attack-bridges, making it easier to besiege the enemy's fortress
Oh geez, I'm sorry it was just a joke, but still, I apologize... That was mean, now knowing that you are not a native speaker. Sorry!

Sno Universe

Nov 18, 2016
Yes but also this at times is not beneficial since walking down stairs while on the edge makes you fall off of them. (Same applies with slabs)

HackersDontWin

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
I honestly think that this would change the gamemode a bit too much. And to be honest, EggWars is a PvP game, not a Creative Server (Go to FreeBuild if you want to build :P). So far, the available blocks in the shop is perfectly fine. If this were to be added, I don't think anyone would be using them either since you bridge harder with them, it's not a good egg defense since why not use a full block instead of a slab? Slabs are more for building creative things and for me, since day 1 when EggWars was released, the game has always been PvP oriented :)

Reactions: CommunistCactus
Top Bottom